Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

You could use Bio-Oil to deal with the stretch marks J! :) Take it easy with the walking.....be kind to your knees!

:D

With respect to "knees". A few weeks ago, I had a daft idea that I hadn't seen suggested but I had thought of it and so I tried. When you stop work it's easy to find yourself doing a lot less stuff so I do around 100 theatrical standups each day. It sounds silly but I simply sit on a dining chair and stand up twenty times five times a day. I feel very silly doing it but It has really improved my knees. Better than an op for the time being. :)

Mysty,

Too funny.

Thanks for the early morning laugh.

And the brouhaha continues. What spectacle and drama! Who'dathunkit.

Someone is in the WH guarding the crazy Cheeto.

They need to fess up but if they do, who will be the holder of the keys to the cage?

We are in some serious poop here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

As a lowly and semi-detatched Brit unentitled to opinion, Spins, I hate to say "I told yer so" but I still do not understand how anyone could have sensibly and seriously predicted a different outcome. And now we really "know" how it happened mathmatically who is going to do something about it? This hasn't provided a strong evidential defence of "democracy" - has it? :)

:D

With respect to "knees". A few weeks ago, I had a daft idea that I hadn't seen suggested but I had thought of it and so I tried. When you stop work it's easy to find yourself doing a lot less stuff so I do around 100 theatrical standups each day. It sounds silly but I simply sit on a dining chair and stand up twenty times five times a day. I feel very silly doing it but It has really improved my knees. Better than an op for the time being. :)

Good idea. Strengthening the muscles helps to support the knee joint but, of course, if the knees are painful it's hard to do the strengthening exercises. Sort of Catch 22 - or if it's both knees, Catch 44.

Good idea. Strengthening the muscles helps to support the knee joint but, of course, if the knees are painful it's hard to do the strengthening exercises. Sort of Catch 22 - or if it's both knees, Catch 44.

Thanks.

It was initially a little painful but now seems to have made a lot of difference and I wonder how many have knee ops either prematurely or when they might not be (k)needed :D at all. Better a bit of initial pain whilst exercising than an op. My knees were so bad a few months ago an op seemed almost inevitable but I kept putting it off. I thought I had injured my knees during last years wood stacking so they had been bad for a long while. At the moment I am walking with pretty minor discomfort but it is improving rather than deteriorating. I think weight loss and "standups" make a viable combination possibly temporary solution before surgery is triggered.

Evening All.....

Jeffers...as daft as it sounds l agree with your exercise regime....something quite simple at home is the key for us old codgers....l do not care to admit my daily schedule but l love dancing 😉

Just recently I’ve decided to start knitting again to hopefully improve my arthritic hands.....a small blanket for four paws or squares for charity....probably both if l can get into it!

Have just finished packing for London.....JP puts me to shame as I’m taking a bigger case than he for only two nights...🤨

Happy Weekend To All 😊

Wow Mysty, that's quite a sight.

I had to look up the town, and learned its in the area of iceberg alley.

Sophia, have a lovely time. Is it warm in London? I ask because we fly out of MIA on Sunday on Virgin Atlantic to London, next day we are off to Tilbury. We will be reconnoitering with a vessel, we can't mention the name, but it could be considered ghostly. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Have a wonderful time in London Miss S.

And Spins.....here's hoping your ghostly voyage goes without a "boo"! Safe travels and have an awesome adventure! Iceberg alley has been on the old :"do-before-you die" list for us for a while now. Hopefully we will make it there! :)

Thanks Sophia and Mysty.

Since I will have just been discharged from a silver cylinder without fresh air for many hours, I will be happy to be where I am.

Even if it is Tilbury.

I will approach it with the reverence it deserves for my spiritual adventure!

Hi all. Fun day in London today. Weather about 70 and sunny until 3pm then clouds and the occasional raindrop.

Landed 10:20ish and on the Heathrow Express at 11, then a quick tube journey to Kings Cross and at our hotel by noon. Room was ready and what a cool hotel it is!

We took the tube to Hampstead Heath and enjoyed the view from Parliament Hill. Then we walked the length of the Heath and stopped off for a light lunch at the Spaniards Inn. Neat old building and yummy food!

Back to the City for more snacks in our Chambers Club here at the hotel. Then out again for a visit to the Wellcome Collection. Cool eclectic museum. Then the only annoying part of the day...

We went to Vinoteca where we had planned to have wine and a light dinner. No tables available for over an hour. So, plan B...but that place was packed too. We wandered to Granary Square. Every place there was full and at least an hour wait.

So we headed back to St Panceas station and ate at the hamburger restaurant at our hotel. Cool location in the station but service was spotty and the meat was very well-done. Not my preference - medium rare is the most we will go. So, not a favorable comment!

But all in all it was a great day. We are relaxing in our suite with a bottle of English sparkling which was complimentary with the suite, and getting excited for tomorrow's adventures.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Have organized "fuel" for launch on Sat. Just need to put in "rocket". Glad to hear London is warm and lovely. It's been a real blister here of late....90's and so humid you need a snorkel.

Have been keeping a weather eye on Florence....and her friends....

What an ill-advised name for a restaurant! When I looked at the menu I originally misread "Hand-Crafted Tarts in Jars" for "Hand-Crafted Farts in a Jar". Your decision to avoid the place seems like a reasonable approach J! :)

Hi Coolers, Happy Friday:)...…..I had my follow up Dr's appt yesterday with the surgeon who removed my kidney stone and everything looks good on that!...….so at least that is some good health news:)...I don't have to see him again for a year!

I also asked him about the Parathyroid and he also said the Dr. in Tampa (Spin, did you mention that to me?) anyway, he said that is all that Dr does......just Parathyroid removals. I would still prefer if I need surgery to have it here at home...….I will know more about this next week.....I am having the scan on Monday.