Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Jeff -- Thank you for posting the Hawker Stalls article! Bookmarking for February :-)

You are most welcome. :D

It is a shame you aren't there for January as we could take you on a safari ...... It is an extraordinary place. On the web site is a series of wonderful short films on "a day in the life of a hawker kitchen" which shows the extraordinary skill and love many put into their food.

You are most welcome. :D

It is a shame you aren't there for January as we could take you on a safari ...... It is an extraordinary place. On the web site is a series of wonderful short films on "a day in the life of a hawker kitchen" which shows the extraordinary skill and love many put into their food.

Oooh, wonderful! I will look them up!

On a related note, I enjoyed how the hawker stalls were featured so heavily in Crazy Rich Asians, which I finally saw over the weekend. If anyone needs some light entertainment, it is a fun, romantic comedy in which Singapore plays a significant role.

Well, true. Life will be short if you eat that much bacon... Though the cardiologists are getting pretty good with angioplasty these days!

Happy launch day to us. Off to work soon. Packed and ready.

[ATTACH]427811[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Looks like you're really ready! Have a wonderful time!

Safe and happy travels to all the voyagers on the launch pads ☺️

Delish food offerings....four paws here loves raw carrot...he also loves bacon and hamburgers and cheese!!

What he doesn’t like right now is seeing my suitcase on the spare bed...😩😊

Snitchy will eat just about anything that might be appealing....and then some. Swallowed a whole English chestnut that just about did him in and part of a corn cob. Vet said he should have a zipper installed....Now that he's an old coot, he doesn't get so carried away. Favorites are cantaloupe, carrots, apple and anything that happens to smell good. He will be staying with his breeder while we're away (Other Mother) so he thinks he's on vacation too!

Oh, sad. Our dear Ashley would get so sad when the suitcases came out. It was painful to watch. But now that she's not there, I miss it. The other cat is oblivious.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi JP, when do you actually leave?

2 things......I go to my Urologist tomorrow for my first "full checkup" from the surgery for that kidney stone (which was way back in January). This Dr is the one who did the surgery. Wish me luck...they said they will take an Ultrasound.

And Monday is when I go for that Parathyroid Scan and Bone Density test and then in the afternoon I actually have my yearly with my Gyn:rolleyes:...….so Dr's stuff all day long. I am taking the day off from work.

I hope you and Chris have a wonderful trip.:)

On our way to the airport now. Good luck with all those doctor visits! Thanks for the well wishes for our trip.

Glad that J.P and Chris are all packed and on the way to the airport. Safe travels and super love your Silver Wind sailing. As a warm-up "preview" for Copenhagen, below is one of my favorite visuals/memories from the Danish capital. Such a love, charming and historic town!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 230,616 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Copenhagen’s Nyhavn or “new” Harbor is actually old and charming. This waterfront entertainment district is lined by brightly colored 17th and early 18th century townhouses and bars, cafes and restaurants. Serving as a "heritage harbor", the canal also has many historical wooden ships. Lots of people and fun activity!! It was constructed from 1670 to 1673, being dug by Swedish prisoners of war. It was a key "opening" from the sea to the old inner city where ships handled cargo and the catch of fishermen. It was "famous" for beer, sailors, and prostitution!! Surprised? Danish author Hans Christian Andersen lived at Nyhavn for 18 years.:

Boat.jpg