Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Mysty that's too funny.

Lois, yes the doc is in Tampa.

It's Friday and I am taking Ms Eloise to her brother's house for a vacation while we are gone. She is very excited!

Tomorrow will be final packing, hopefully.

Carpe diem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

95% done with fueling the rockets. Still need to put "hardware" in carry on back pack. Then TA DA....done.

Snitchy goes to Other Mother tomorrow am for 2 weeks of pampering, spoiling and cavorting. He'll be a monster when he gets home in a few weeks!

Safe travels to all of the other "marinanauts" who are launching soon!

Greetings Coolers!

JP...glad to hear that your trip is working out well! Enjoy the heck out of the rest of it!

Walk-abouts have been booked for our grand adventure. :)

Today's funny....

26169943_1568500193197006_7632884688895032781_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f54219f642599c986f7808f35386cdba&oe=5BF0C351

Have a great day all!

Lovely funny M ... and happy travels JP snd Chris ...

I made her some fettuccine ragout today ... now we are back in the first world of Hampshire .... and the normal procedure as we are both in weight losing mode is to leave half on the plate once we are full and look pious.

She ate all of hers and polished off the half I left on my plate. She apologised and gave me a cuddle and thanked me for cooking her some decent grub. She said it was even better than yesterday and I asked her what was wrong with yesterday’s stir fry. Bleedin’ cheek.

4536f5179d80f95626bbe929291a2bf7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Morning all.

Mysty: today's funny just about sums it up.

We too are slowly fueling our rockets, although in my case I'm trying to remove a bit of excess ballast before blast off in 103 days. I've bought a dress for New Years, and am working away at actually fitting into it.

In the meantime, I'm planning a bit of an excursion with a friend who still has to work, but who has gone through some stressful times recently, and so needs a bit of a getaway. We've decided to do a girl's weekend. So I'm busy booking accomodations and making plans. The trip isn't exotic, but it's going to be fun. We're just being tourists in our own backyard. The highlight of the weekend will be a drive from Revelstoke to Nakusp, along (the upper portion of) Arrow Lakes. It's very scenic, and off the usual tourist beat. My friend has lived in BC for over 20 years now, and mentioned that she'd never been to Nakusp, so I said "No time like the present!" As part of my working life I've been to just about every small town in Western Canada, but haven't been traveling much since I retired. It'll be nice to give the ponies a chance to stretch their legs.

Hope everyone is gearing up for, or already enjoying, their more exotic adventures.

Good afternoon all ... lovely doggy M. I miss the friendship of doggies! No Sunday Clarkson this week I’m afraid.

Enjoying your pics and blogg JP.

Today I thought I’d spoil her with some roast sirloin - done in the airfryer - as she will be on different rations in a week or so ...

3d92396063f53bbc74cdb79b13fa81fb.jpg

9b1b025a07439ad44fe3b813a28c1791.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Eurostar was a really nice ride, and we enjoyed our dinner in Paris last night. Just a few hours of sleep last night. Now on the plane at CDG hoping to leave soon for Copenhagen!

Great updates and details from J.P. Keep enjoying Europe to the MAX!! Great that we can travel along with Chris and J.P. As always, appreciate the super funnies from mysty. The most recent are among the best. Nice and tasty food treats from Jeff.

Glad to see Spins being in the "getting close" stage for her next big sailing adventure. Good luck with that unique challenge of final packing. Keep it all rolling along. Lots of rain yesterday and today in Central Ohio as a follow-through from the hurricane that hit Florida, the Gulf coast, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 211,777 views for this posting.

Mysty,

Pup had a dog mare, poor baby!

Onward and onward we go!

Just finished two of the bags. Almost done. Driver will pick us up later this afternoon. The excitement is palpable. Lots of last minute things.

Jeff that food looks yummy. You did that meat in the air fryer? It looks really good!

Terry yes ready to rock and roll...

Have a great day all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Terry, you are a very kind man, always recognizing everyone’s contribution.

Terry yes ready to rock and roll...

Appreciate these nice follow-ups. Glad that Spins is "ready to rock and roll". Look forward to Candy's posts and pictures as she does her trans-Atlantic sailing. If I can help for uploading any visuals during travel, you know how to forward to me. Happy to be of help. Hopefully the ship Internet quality is getting better.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 230,737 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Talking of Humbug JP, I thought I’d share Lyn Barber’s article in today’s Sunday Times about her relationship - if you can call it that - with Tyger a cat that detests her.

My cat’s a snowflake

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lynn-barber-on-why-her-cat-is-a-snowflake-mh5qw9jb7?shareToken=b72609cd9892de0fcee1c6c6a5e9b379

Your meal looks yummy J! And thanks for the article link! It was entertaining!

I thought you might be missing JC and Lynn is a great writer. She has just been sacked by the ST as her services "were no longer required" but she continues to freelance. She prides herself on being a "grumpy old woman". She has had a colourful and interesting life. Apart from cats she takes in the odd refugee .....

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lynn-barber-i-took-an-asylum-seeker-into-my-home-it-didn-t-end-well-xtzn7gw99

Thanks J! I seem to need a subscription to read the article in the link. However, I did some independent research and found the gist of the story and a few interviews with the "grumpy old woman". Another interesting story!