Is Your Bed Near the Balcony or Near the Bathroom?

vtcruising

The Photo I posted was from someone who was on the ship and posted alot of pics. .I have only seen the doors go outward which is why I called attention to it..Maybe they go either way???

Celeb has featured bed by bath in most of its pics and the brochure.

Doors going out will work better for me and dh...Most likely he will be getting the veranda side....

My cruise is sold out in AQ so no option to get bed by bath..

"We will enjoy what we have and hope cabin will be better in person than how it shows!"

Nice quote !

I wish we all the best !

• 1 month later...

The most important issue to me (and that is why the S-Class thread has been invaluable) as someone who suffers from motion sickness, is that my sleeping body has to move with the forward direction of the ship.  Based on this thread have chosen Infinite Veranda Cabin # 6237 for next year's Edge sailing.

I would greatly appreciate someone letting me know if I chose "wisely"!!!!

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

The most important issue to me (and that is why the S-Class thread has been invaluable) as someone who suffers from motion sickness, is that my sleeping body has to move with the forward direction of the ship.  Based on this thread have chosen Infinite Veranda Cabin # 6237 for next year's Edge sailing.

Thanks

It looks like your bed will be facing the forward part of the ship (the headboard against the wall on the aft side of the cabin). I think that is the direction you need? :classic_smile:

Edited by vtcruising

34 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Thanks

Glad you found one of the helpful threads!

3 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Thank you very much Vermont. Will let my TA know not to waist any more of her time trying to get an answer from Celebrity Customer Service  whose original response was they "won't know the answer until the ship launches on Dec.1".

We will just have to hope that they stick to the deck plans they have printed. :)

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

We will just have to hope that they stick to the deck plans they have printed. :)

ABSOLUTELY!!  Also hoping a new EDGE class thread with info on room layouts will be started right after the Dec. 1 sailing.  Doesn't take many posts for those of us who are familiar looking for this info to figure out which directions our body are going.

8 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

ABSOLUTELY!!  Also hoping a new EDGE class thread with info on room layouts will be started right after the Dec. 1 sailing.  Doesn't take many posts for those of us who are familiar looking for this info to figure out which directions our body are going.

The Edge sticky should be finalized and ready to go next week. 😃

VT when you get on board.... can you see if a regular IV cabin.... with the bed by the bathroom.... has enough room to have a scooter in the cabin... and still be able to get into the bathroom. I asked special services weeks ago and am still waiting for an answer. As you know I went ahead and moved to a cabin with the bed by the veranda... but I would like to know and I suspect those planning on bringing or renting a scooter would like to know as well.  Just because you have trouble walking long distances... does not mean you need an accessible cabin... We like to save those for those who can not stand and really need a . handicap bathroom. Thanks

10 minutes ago, kearney said:

VT when you get on board.... can you see if a regular IV cabin.... with the bed by the bathroom.... has enough room to have a scooter in the cabin... and still be able to get into the bathroom. I asked special services weeks ago and am still waiting for an answer. As you know I went ahead and moved to a cabin with the bed by the veranda... but I would like to know and I suspect those planning on bringing or renting a scooter would like to know as well.  Just because you have trouble walking long distances... does not mean you need an accessible cabin... We like to save those for those who can not stand and really need a . handicap bathroom. Thanks

I added it to my list! I am also seeing an accessible IV in one of my cabin crawls, for those interested, and will get some pictures, if they are okay with it.

Edited by vtcruising

• 4 weeks later...

I know there were a lot of early discussions about the pros and cons of bed location given the potential differences due to the infinite veranda.  One thing I haven't seen discussed (although I may have missed this) is whether the balcony depth is different for a bed by bath versus a bed by veranda.  I saw a drawing of two IVs side by side (see section of drawing below) and while the cabins were the same size and length, the balcony was definitely deeper when the bed was by the bath.  So, the bbv had more space in room depth but less on balcony.  In some of the photos and videos I have seen posted, it seems like this might be the case.  For those of you who have seen both types in person, can you confirm whether this is true?  I have always loved the bed next to the balcony, but if that configuration actually makes the balcony almost too shallow for the chairs, then I may need to rethink things!   Thanks for any help you can provide!

image.png.0bb95168eab6496fa9a581258026f179.png

image.png

That would be interesting, but I think it is a rendition error. I’m in a bed by the bath right now and it couldn’t be any smaller and have the furniture in place. I’ll measure mine and likely will see a bed by balcony over the next few days. 🙂

Marilyn, I am so sorry to hear about your accident.  Please enjoy your suite and get lots of rest.  Thanks for your quick response to my post and for all the wonderful information you have provided us nonstop.  You have gotten our whole family so much more excited about our upcoming cruise on this ship.

Kearney, I must have stared at that rendering a half dozen times over the past two months and just finally noticed that difference.  I was really surprised by how much more flooring was allocated to the bbb verandas in that drawing!  Definitely hope it is a rendition error as Marilyn suspects.

19 hours ago, vtcruising said:

That would be interesting, but I think it is a rendition error. I’m in a bed by the bath right now and it couldn’t be any smaller and have the furniture in place. I’ll measure mine and likely will see a bed by balcony over the next few days. 🙂

I agree with vtcruising, we are currently in a a bed by the bath and the veranda couldn’t be any smaller.  Also having the bed right up against the closet has caused traffic jams for us, never again.

Thanks Oville.  I was just getting worried as I have seen lots of photos and videos where I can see the complete floor area for bed by bath IVs but I haven't found any where I can get a full view of the floor area for bed by veranda (granted it is hard to get a shot of this given how insanely close the bed is to to that veranda!).

While I love beds by the balcony, with the IVs, the bed seems to block out more light and that great floor to ceiling view--but my fear of the closet issue you describe and having the bed closer to hallway noise made me choose my usual bed by veranda configuration.

7 hours ago, Oville said:

I agree with vtcruising, we are currently in a a bed by the bath and the veranda couldn’t be any smaller.  Also having the bed right up against the closet has caused traffic jams for us, never again.

You are giving me something to think about re closet to bed space! I having been keeping an eye ooen for a bed by bath because just like the other poster said the bed seems too close to the balcony. 

4 hours ago, Sandy1975 said:

You are giving me something to think about re closet to bed space! I having been keeping an eye ooen for a bed by bath because just like the other poster said the bed seems too close to the balcony. 

We were chatting about this today and decided that although there were jams around the bed by the closet yesterday there are things that can be done to remedy the problem.  One big thing is to use the set of drawers across from the sofa for clothes that do not need to be on hangers.  Also don’t take clothing out of the closet on piece at a time when getting ready for dinner.

The bed by the closet makes for a very attractive sitting area and you have a beautiful view from anywhere in the cabin.  The IV is great, sitting here typing on the veranda with the window cracked a few inches.  Surf sound is great, I’m warm despite it being chilly out, and isolated from our neighbors.  So my “never again” last night has become a probably will in the future.  We’ll see how the day progresses.

11 hours ago, rhodgewald said:

While I love beds by the balcony, with the IVs, the bed seems to block out more light and that great floor to ceiling view--but my fear of the closet issue you describe and having the bed closer to hallway noise made me choose my usual bed by veranda configuration.

See my post above, I’ve had a change of heart.  Also, we have heard no noise from the hallway.

I'm starting to be concerned about the size of the IV veranda cabins.   Some of the comments seem to indicate the cabins either feel smaller or the layout isn't as functional as the layout on the S-class ships.  

For those of you currently on-board,  can you compare the size, feeling and functionality of the IV cabins (with the doors closed) to the balcony cabins on the S-class ships.  

Even with some of the  real time updates, we are still happy with our switch to bed by bath..It just seemed too congested having it over by the enclosed veranda, and a tight squeeze esp if person sleeping next to the veranda needed the bathroom during the night.   We will likely use the Veranda as added  cabin space rather than as a sep veranda area,..

On S Class the bed by bath closet arrangement issue was also a pain in the neck..We'll just have to develop a work around for the week we are there.. Aside from hanging clothing in the closet, we store our shoes  and carry ons there ..Hopefuly part of it will be accessible.

This is a very helpful thread......I appreciate all the helpful info.

56 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm starting to be concerned about the size of the IV veranda cabins.   Some of the comments seem to indicate the cabins either feel smaller or the layout isn't as functional as the layout on the S-class ships.  

For those of you currently on-board,  can you compare the size, feeling and functionality of the IV cabins (with the doors closed) to the balcony cabins on the S-class ships.  

They are similar to S class with the bonus space of the veranda, no need to close the doors.