On Board Internet Question

In the past I have purchased my internet package on line - which I was going to do today for my upcoming cruise.

Then it dawned on me that being "diamond" - I should receive a free day and have never taken advantage of.

However Crown and Anchor tell me that I will only receive the free day, if I book the internet on the ship, otherwise I am SOL.

Does anyone know what the per day cost is for internet on the ship.

I am really not concerned about the day, however, why have it as a perk - if you can't book it ahead of time.

Thanks

Cathy

You can use your Diamond coupon either for a 24 hour period or the equivilent off the package. The value is either $20 or $22. You can also only buy surf & stream pre-cruise. Onboard, you can also buy surf. The free day is for surf. Presuming you are not sailing alone, what might work out cheapest is use one coupon for the free 24 hour period, then the other for the remaining days.

Does anyone know what the per day cost is for internet on the ship.

I am really not concerned about the day, however, why have it as a perk - if you can't book it ahead of time.

$16 for Surf and $20 for Stream.

All of the perks, except for balcony discount, are on the ship only.

I remember when I had originally booked my cruise for Symphony of the Seas earlier this year, there was the option on the RC website of buying surf & stream 1 device, or surf only 1 device. Now when I check, there is only surf & stream available for purchase. Does anyone know if the surf only is available on board, and if so, how much is it for 1 device? Thanks.

You can use your Diamond coupon either for a 24 hour period or the equivilent off the package. The value is either $20 or $22. You can also only buy surf & stream pre-cruise. Onboard, you can also buy surf. The free day is for surf. Presuming you are not sailing alone, what might work out cheapest is use one coupon for the free 24 hour period, then the other for the remaining days.

Did not realize there there was a surf and stream independently - only have seen the two together.

Did not realize there there was a surf and stream independently - only have seen the two together.

The two VOOM tiers are officially named, Surf, Surf and Stream.

Biker, who to cut down on confusion, calls the speedier service Stream.

Surf was $12.99 on Oasis last (7/29-8/5) week

There may be occasional ship specific discounts but the MSRP for Surf is $15.99.

The cruise planner discount for Stream is calculated (when RCI can do math) based on the ship board MSRP of $19.99.

I purchased the Internet package online two days ago for $15.99 per day. Today, I cancelled that purchase and bought the same package at $13.49 per day. I don't know how long this special will be on -- but I'll keep checking in case the $10.99 per day (that someone on this board mentioned) pops up!

Hi there.

I also have a question about this Voom.

I just saw that it is possible to purchase the surf package online.

Last week there was only surf and stream available.

I just want to stay in contact to family sending pictures and see my mails...I think that is what I can use Surf for ???

The price is 102 Euro for us so about 116 $ for the 11 days cruise.

We are new to Diamond and now I don´t know if it will be cheaper on the ship with the discount ?

Can somebody tell me if I shoud buy it now or wait until I´m on the ship ?

Thanks. Nadine

Hi there.

I also have a question about this Voom.

I just want to stay in contact to family sending pictures and see my mails...I think that is what I can use Surf for ???

The price is 102 Euro for us so about 116 $ for the 11 days cruise.

We are new to Diamond and now I don´t know if it will be cheaper on the ship with the discount ?

Can somebody tell me if I shoud buy it now or wait until I´m on the ship ?

Thanks. Nadine

The onboard price for one device VOOM Surf is normally $16 per day. Diamond would get a $23 discount on a package. So it looks like that $116 pre-cruise price would be better than the onboard price with discount. Surf should be sufficient for sending photos and checking emails.

For anyone else reading, realize that this (availability of Surf on line) is very rare - has not been reported on US bookings.

Edited by Biker19

The onboard price for one device VOOM Surf is normally $16 per day. Diamond would get a $23 discount on a package. So it looks like that $116 pre-cruise price would be better than the onboard price with discount. Surf should be sufficient for sending photos and checking emails.

Thank you.

So I think I´m going to get this one.

Nadine

Currently i have a cabin reserved but not paid the deposit yet ,i presume from when i pay the deposit till the cruise i will be sent info on internet drink packages available?and prices can vary

Tia

Currently i have a cabin reserved but not paid the deposit yet ,i presume from when i pay the deposit till the cruise i will be sent info on internet drink packages available?

You may or may not get any info. The availability of those items in the per-cruise planner will vary depending on how far out from the cruise you are, but certainly by 90 days out.

Currently i have a cabin reserved but not paid the deposit yet ,i presume from when i pay the deposit till the cruise i will be sent info on internet drink packages available?and prices can vary

Tia

Appearance of various items to reserve is not based on any payments, only Royal's random release of those things to the website.