After 4 Years May Come Back Have ?'s

thepoint

I sure would have loved to hear how those crew persons involved could explain the way they handled that incident and the way they treated the guests. They had to have been questioned at length. How could they talk themselves out of that mess?

Edited by sail7seas

It probably won’t happen again, that is why we are willing to give it another try. I tried to find my post from that incident, but it has been over four years. Someone may remember this, as we were part of a large roll call. Short version: It had to do with HAL having added inside cabins across from the Neptune Suites. However instead of giving them completely different cabin numbers, HAL assigned them, for example 7047A and our cabin number was 7047. I received a call from the concierge telling me my husband was in the bar being unruly and demanding free drinks. This was 2:00 in the afternoon. I told him that was a mistake and that my husband was in the cabin with me and had not been in the bar. He would not except that it was not my husband, so my husband went down to see the concierge. The concierge refused to believe my husband. My husband told them to look at the security footage and they would see it was not him. They refused to do this. HAL actuallly called our travel agent during the cruise to complain about us. In addition, we were receiving calls from the medical department regarding the man across the hall, as he was suppose to be in quarantine due to nurovirus. Again, they would not accept they had the wrong cabin. Finally, the medical department came and saw there were two different cabins. It was not until we got home that we found out HAL called our travel agent. Needless to say, my husband was furious. We cancelled our two books cruises to the tune of about $35,00. When our travel agent told the HAL representative all we wanted was an apology, the rep said “no point, they already cancelled their cruises.” So, We never got an apology. Believe it or not this is a short version!

OMG

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting question, Carol , but that would get sorted out when they print boarding passes................. Not to mention when HAL accepts the reservation, takes their deposit and Final payment.

OP-your thread and the incident with the "A" added to cabin numbers brought back memories

for us....we had several mix ups while on the Noordam a few years ago in a Neptune suite getting wrong mail, wrong phone calls, staff on the phone arguing with us....it took several days when WE figured out and saw the cabin with an A on it...same cabin number as our Neptune but theirs was with an A and an inside. I couldn't believe that this could happen. The person in the A cabin, if I remember correctly, was ill and needed medical attention. The staff kept phoning our room and finally it got sorted out but what a hassle and it could have been a lot worse. They didn't know how to phone the cabin with the A on it and kept getting us.

There have been lots of changes on HAL but I hope you enjoy your next experience without any problems. We still love HAL and feel at home on their ships.

And four years later those three cabins still have the A suffix ! :eek: It should be a very easy fix - for example call them 7747/7749/7751

Exactly :cool:... it's not like there are only so many numbers. They kinda do well, go on forever. Just pick 3 new ones at the end of the present set on that deck and poof, problem solved!! :D;p

The person in the A cabin, if I remember correctly, was ill and needed medical attention. The staff kept phoning our room and finally it got sorted out but what a hassle and it could have been a lot worse.

I would hate to be in one of those cabins, be dialing 911 for an emergency such as a heart attack, and have the medical people going to the wrong cabin.

And all because of something that could have been so easily corrected four years ago! There's no excuse.

I would hate to be in one of those cabins, be dialing 911 for an emergency such as a heart attack, and have the medical people going to the wrong cabin.

And all because of something that could have been so easily corrected four years ago! There's no excuse.

Exactly! It's unbelievable they didn't change it. No excuse is right.

Just wondering ... even if the guy at at the bar gave the right 7074A room number, how would anybody dial that??

No idea and even the staff that kept calling our room didn't know how-even after we told them the people were in A they didn't know how to phone that cabin. I had forgotten all about it until I saw this thread. Why wouldn't they change those cabin numbers.

Could have been a horrid circumstance and so avoidable.

OP-your thread and the incident with the "A" added to cabin numbers brought back memories

for us....we had several mix ups while on the Noordam a few years ago in a Neptune suite getting wrong mail, wrong phone calls, staff on the phone arguing with us....it took several days when WE figured out and saw the cabin with an A on it...same cabin number as our Neptune but theirs was with an A and an inside. I couldn't believe that this could happen. The person in the A cabin, if I remember correctly, was ill and needed medical attention. The staff kept phoning our room and finally it got sorted out but what a hassle and it could have been a lot worse. They didn't know how to phone the cabin with the A on it and kept getting us.

There have been lots of changes on HAL but I hope you enjoy your next experience without any problems. We still love HAL and feel at home on their ships.

I understand having to argue with them. What amazes me is that even when you tell the medical department they have the wrong room, they don’t believe you. How on earth could they possibly be mistaken!!