Ugh! I STILL have a question

myra711

Even after 2 cruises and months of hanging out on these boards! ;p

;pWe will be in a balcony room, and a young adult will be sleeping on the couch/bed. Is that comfortable or would you recommend that we ask for an egg-crate foam immediately? And if we don't get one immediately, is it unlikely one will be available if he decides after a night or two that he wants one?

Thanks!

I am also wondering if Bermuda has much in the way of bugs (ie, do we need to bring bug spray), but I can find that out easily on my own, I think.

But feel free to weigh in on that, too! :)

I would ask for one from the beginning. Just because a young adult may be capable of sleeping on something crappy and still functioning the next day does not mean he or she should have to if there is another option available! (I slept on a sofa bed on a 7 day cruise when I was in my 20s. I never once complained because my parents were paying for the cruise and that would be super rude. But it was soooooo bad!!! I wish I had known foam toppers were available then. Honestly sleeping on the floor would have probably been better because at least the floor is flat.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Young adults can generally sleep anywhere! But, if you want an egg crate, ask for it upfront!

Not all lines provide them anymore.

ANYONE, regardless of age, can sleep anywhere if they have to. That doesn't mean they like it or are comfortable. See post from gym bomb. If you can, get the egg crate.

;pWe will be in a balcony room, and a young adult will be sleeping on the couch/bed. Is that comfortable or would you recommend that we ask for an egg-crate foam immediately? And if we don't get one immediately, is it unlikely one will be available if he decides after a night or two that he wants one?

Thanks!

I am also wondering if Bermuda has much in the way of bugs (ie, do we need to bring bug spray), but I can find that out easily on my own, I think.

My young adult children have no problem with the couch/bed.

Thanks!

can't answer about the sleeping situation. It won't hurt to ask but as for bugs, we have never seen a bug in Bermuda. it isn't a tropical as some islands. You may not know this, but it is closer to Canada than the Caribbean.

I am a bug magnet! I got bitten 3 times by a mosquito the first 2 days of our cruise to Bermuda last week. The thing must have gotten into my room while in port in NYC. Didn't get bitten by anything in Bermuda though.