Cruise Critic Community
2Oldpeopleinlove

Compulsive cruise prep

When it gets this close—less than a month away—I’m so ready to go that I keep looking for ways to prepare. So far I’ve set aside all my clothes and toiletries and bought a minifan recommended here and compostable plastic straws.

Keep me off Amazon! Tell me what else I can do, like downloading music on my iPad last night, that won't cost anything but keep my cruise compulsion satisfied!

I am the same way! Boy do my Amazon purchases go way up near a cruise! May I ask what fan was suggested? I recently bought one that is a USB fan, but would love to know what was suggested. Thanks!

Hello...my name is Amy....and I am a compulsive vacation planner.

Do you have a daily spread sheet done?

haha....I do.

When it gets this close—less than a month away—I’m so ready to go that I keep looking for ways to prepare. So far I’ve set aside all my clothes and toiletries and bought a minifan recommended here and compostable plastic straws.

Keep me off Amazon! Tell me what else I can do, like downloading music on my iPad last night, that won't cost anything but keep my cruise compulsion satisfied!

OMG. I could have written this!:')

OMG. I could have written this!:')

And i thought i was the only one who makes packing lists and puts things in the suitcase 2 weeks prior to leaving. I have my daily spreadsheet done too and my cruise is in October

Daily spread sheet of what? Seriously! Sounds time consuming, and that’s a good thing!

However, we love cruising because we don't do very much, so maybe not?

Daily spread sheet of what? Seriously! Sounds time consuming, and that’s a good thing!

However, we love cruising because we don't do very much, so maybe not?

I make a spreadsheet of the entire week. I'll include things like hotel and flight info, daily bookings, and itinerary items.

LOVE the thread title!

A few things to add:

Pick out reading material (I have been going online at my local library to reserve books)

Download/update the NCL app

print out ncl bag-tags + cruise docs

confirm flight / hotel arrangements (re-shop hotel & rental car)

Later on I will post a link to my planners for my October 27 Breakaway sailing. And you will all laugh at the truly excessive things I do for planning. But it's because planning is part of the fun of the travel for me! Glad to find this support group, LOL.

I won't bore you with my packing list, but as a suggestion, plan out your outfits including changes for dinner, touring, pool/beach times, and if you plan to do laundry, figure out how many outfits to pack, and how many to wash. That kept me busy for a few days!

I almost embarrassed to detail my obsession with planning. Just to explain my spreadsheet will give you an idea, list by the Tabs:

• Countdown clock, with pictures of each port city;
  • Budget page, costs, and payments;
  • Itinerary, with all reservations;
  • Info about airlines, pre-cruise hotel information, TA contact info, Lattidues #'s etc.
  • Flight schedule

I made this reservation a year and a half ago

Get a little first aid kit together with band aids, and some over the counter meds you might use. They are very expensive on the ship!

I don't do a spread sheet, but make lots of lists, like what outfits I will wear on what day. I agree, planning is half the fun!

I use Tripit

you just forward all your confirmations - cruise, air hotel, even your entertainment and dinner reservations on board can be forwarded and the app automatically puts it in your itinerary!

I don't print anything anymore because everything is in the app. :)

I use Tripit too, but sometimes its linear layout is not useful. I like to see an overview of the whole cruise too.

This is my simple spreadsheet.Capture.thumb.JPG.abae94791ac0ff8c692c6a0915d7cff5.JPG

I use Tripit too, but sometimes its linear layout is not useful. I like to see an overview of the whole cruise too.

This is my simple spreadsheet.[ATTACH]426527[/ATTACH]

I like this and intend to try it myself, but on the inside of my regular folder so I can still keep docs, passports, etc there as well.

Thanks! A free cruise prep idea!!

I am the same way! Boy do my Amazon purchases go way up near a cruise! May I ask what fan was suggested? I recently bought one that is a USB fan, but would love to know what was suggested. Thanks!

I bought the one suggested on another thread here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07785Q1PX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also have a batch of compostable plastic straws coming.

I wish I did something more productive than reading every review ever written about the ship, ports of call, and every activity I'm considering. Today I found all the menus for the ship I'm sailing, read the whole thread someone wrote about getting left at port, laughed about a money saving thread written in 2008, and have tried to figure out why someone would purchase a next cruise certificate second hand. Oh- and read reviews trying to decide between Tropicana show or Cubano Cubans show in Havana. I think it's a good thing I only booked the cruise 1 month in advance!