Why hasn't the Escape left?

klfhngr

Public Health inspection was last Sunday; I was told that it happens every 6 months.

USPH goal is to inspect every ship calling at US ports twice a year. Sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't, and they are random inspections. And, as mentioned, a USPH inspection should not cause any delay to ship's itinerary.

Confused about the update to the thread.

I was on the Escape and they were bunkering at 4pm when the boat was scheduled to leave. I saw the tugs push the fuel barge up to the boat and was wondering what was going on, so I asked a crew member. They even closed the port side of the ship because of bunkering process. The captain made two announcements to the fact that bunkering was in progress and was the cause for delay and that the updated departure time was 7pm.

a bit of a tangential question.

If someone was late arriving at the pier would they be allowed onto ship during this delay? I know they want everyone onboard two hours prior, so would 5PM work?

The best thing to do in this situation is call NCL so they have a record that you are late can then notify the ship. If you do not do this, they might be problems as everything is pretty much shut down around muster drill time as the ship prepares for the schedule departure time.

The best thing to do in this situation is call NCL so they have a record that you are late can then notify the ship. If you do not do this, they might be problems as everything is pretty much shut down around muster drill time as the ship prepares for the schedule departure time.

This was a "just in case question" but that's a good idea, I should have the cruise line phone number in my phone during preparation time.

We were running late out of NY on my last GEM cruise. We were turned around at the Verrazano Bridge, when a passenger had suffered a very bad fall near the pool deck. The person had to be evacuated from the ship. Although my heart goes out to the entire family, It was interesting to watch the entire rescue from my balcony. They actually had to turn the ship around. I felt so bad for the poor lady :(. It put us behind 4 or 5 hours, but we caught up over the several days we were at sea

• 2 weeks later...

Escape's scheduled sailing time is typically 4 pm for its Bermuda runs like today (we are on her later this season, keep watching) but could be 3 pm if it's doing Bahamas/Florida ...

Ship came in early this morning & was docked around 4:15 to 4:30 AM - still berthed at Pier 88 at this moment on live shipcam. As discussed, could be a variety of reasons for running just slightly behind the schedule, not a big deal ... ship has plenty of time and speed to catch up for early/on-time arrival to Dockyard on Wednesday morning.