Majestic Princess Hollywood Pool Club.

Petron

The Hollywood Pool is more like the Retreat Pool on the Royal/ Regal, except it is covered with a glass roof. When we are on the Majestic, last year, they had some evening entertainment around the pool. The Sanctuary is separate. I seem to remember there are some cabanas around the pool which may have a charge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

JOYFUL REJUVENATION

Revitalize and refresh body, mind and soul with Princess®. From rejuvenating spa treatments and the tranquility of a top-deck retreat reserved just for adults to our state-of-the-art fitness centers, you’ll find all the elements to come back new.

DISCOVER A GARDEN PARADISE ABOVE THE SEA

Stroll through our new indoor garden located 150 feet above the sparkling ocean. You're welcomed by the sound of chirping birds, a lush garden environment and plush resort furniture. Listen to intimate musical performances by live musicians, and play a game of chess using life-sized pieces. A Wishing Wall, the first of its kind at sea, allows guests to share their dreams on a mosaic tile wall.

hollywood-conservatory-1-1600.jpg

Thank you for the responses. The Princess website is not very clear if there is a Sanctuary in the Majestic, so is the Hollywood Conservatory more like the Sanctuary? Can you reserve the lounge beds?

Thank you for the responses. The Princess website is not very clear if there is a Sanctuary in the Majestic, so is the Hollywood Conservatory more like the Sanctuary? Can you reserve the lounge beds?

The deck plans are pretty clear. There's no Sanctuary on Majestic. The Hollywood Conservatory is not like the Sanctuary, as answered above , it's more like the Retreat Pool, just covered, and taking up all the deck space that includes what would be Sanctuary on previous class ships..

Whether they'll implement a Sanctuary type deal with some of the beds remains to be seen once she's actually based in Oz. I wouldn't hold my breath though..

Currently, there is not a Sanctuary on the Majestic. The Conservatory really has 2 pieces to it. They might be called two different things, I don't recall. The covered pool is as you enter with bar. Behind that has the beds and cabanas. The cabanas are an extra fee and are reserved. We cruised in the Med last year. I don't recall ever seeing anyone in the cabanas. That area is also where they held the nightly PES event.

• 3 months later...

We just got back from a cruise on the Majestic that went around New Zealand and three ports in Australia. I thought somewhere I had seen that it was $40 to rent a half day in a cabana on the Hollywood pool area and the adjoining "Conservatory" (I think that's what they called it) on the very front of the ship. I asked at the guest service desk about renting a cabana and the person I spoke with acted like they had never heard of such. In actuality on sea days I just went fairly early (like before 8am) and set myself up in a spacious cabana with a love seat and chair with ottoman at the very front of the ship and no staff ever asked me for a fee. We did not leave it unattended...either my husband or I was there until we were ready to vacate for the day. We did not have a balcony room on the ship so this arrangement afforded us a time to have good views at no cost. The policy may change in the future but this was for the cruise Oct. 23 - Nov. 5.  

Edited by Mrs. Kitty
misspelled word
  • Like 1

I'm just off the Majestic yesterday and the Hollywood Conservatory is a beautiful place.  Unfortunately it is extremely hard to get any type of deck lounger or chair as people reserve them for the entire day and the staff are unwilling to move them on after several hours.  The area is entirely free with complimentary tea and coffee and a great bar, and it also offers lovely views which is why it is so popular.  I didn't mind sitting on the bare floor to enjoy the views but this didn't suit many of the passengers with less mobility than myself.  I would fully welcome some kind of booking / payment system (similar to the old Sanctuary system) so that all paying guests could enjoy the luxury that the Conservatory offers.  :-)  

I got off the Majestic Princess yesterday. I had organised a CruiseCritic Meet & Greet on this voyage, in which we were designated the Hollywood Conservatory. Our group of about 30 people, had private access to the area for about an hour and a half, in which the rest of the passengers on board were restricted from coming into the area. If anyone else ever organises a M&G on the Majestic, I highly recommend that you request for the Hollywood Conservatory, however, I am unsure if it is only reserved for larger groups.

On 11/25/2018 at 1:29 PM, cruiserguy135 said:

I got off the Majestic Princess yesterday. I had organised a CruiseCritic Meet & Greet on this voyage, in which we were designated the Hollywood Conservatory. Our group of about 30 people, had private access to the area for about an hour and a half, in which the rest of the passengers on board were restricted from coming into the area. If anyone else ever organises a M&G on the Majestic, I highly recommend that you request for the Hollywood Conservatory, however, I am unsure if it is only reserved for larger groups.

So unfair to exclude paying passengers from an area so that others can utilise it for private use. Absolutely rediculous.

10 minutes ago, Seadog & Sea Hag said:

So unfair to exclude paying passengers from an area so that others can utilise it for private use. Absolutely ridiculous.

On Princess ships the M&G is held in an area that is not otherwise utilized much at the time the M&G is held. For example, Skywalkers or Adagio Lounge or Club 6 or a dining room or, in this case, the Hollywood Conservatory. So in those venues, other passengers are not really affected other than a possible few looking for a very quiet place to sit and read.

I doubt that the Majestic M&G displaced any passengers who wanted to have a game with the giant chess set in the Hollywood Conservatory.

16 minutes ago, Seadog & Sea Hag said:

So unfair to exclude paying passengers from an area so that others can utilise it for private use. Absolutely rediculous.

They use this area for wedding ceremonies, vow renewals and I believe basically any other private function that is requested. It isn't just Princess that does it, basically every cruise I have done at some point a bar or lounge will be closed for a private function. In the whole time we were up there, there were not very many people at all wishing to use either the Hollywood Conservatory or the Hollywood Pool area (which was not blocked off).

Was off the Majestic last week.  The Hollywood Conservatory was a lovely place to sit.  Had no trouble getting a cabana or lounge,  though probably  harder on sea days. Found the chlorine  smell  around the pool was a bit overpowering, but the area  at the front was very nice.  No charge at all. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/26/2018 at 9:26 PM, muddles@sea said:

Was off the Majestic last week.  The Hollywood Conservatory was a lovely place to sit.  Had no trouble getting a cabana or lounge,  though probably  harder on sea days. Found the chlorine  smell  around the pool was a bit overpowering, but the area  at the front was very nice.  No charge at all. 

Hi, we're going on the Majestic Princess from Shanghai to Sydney this year. Is the Hollywood Conservatory adults only?

6 hours ago, bevharro said:

Hi, we're going on the Majestic Princess from Shanghai to Sydney this year. Is the Hollywood Conservatory adults only?

We were just on Majestic in early Feb.  Most of the posts in this thread are five months old and some are unsure of their info.

Hollywood Pool Club

In reading above, this one seems the most accurate.  As deck plans indicate, there is pool and hot tubs here.  There is a stylized glass roof.  Some people will remark about the chlorine odor from the pool because the area is enclosed.  I noticed it just passing through at times and I probably wouldn't elect to stay here for very long.  Yes, this is similar to the Retreat Pool area on Royal/Regal, but you won't find the large beds with surround drapery for rent.  There are also seating areas to the sides.  I am pretty sure nothing is for a fee in this area.

Hollywood Conservatory

This section is the deck space that would otherwise be consumed by Sanctuary on Royal/Regal.  But, put aside almost any thought of similarity in this area.  This area is also completely enclosed.  It can get quite warm with the sun shining through the ceiling areas.  It can be a great spot to view forward over the bow of the ship.  There are some sofa type loungers up near the front windows.  More or less in the middle area, back from the front windows, there are some tables and chairs, intended for gaming. 

On the sides, there are some "cubbies" with what appears to be comfy sofa and chair setup.  There are not many on each side and this is where a fee is charged.  I don't recall the pricing, but it was Cabana type pricing and not as low a cost as Sanctuary lounger pricing.  For the space and what is there, the pricing is ridiculous as I recall.  And I recall over-hearing more than one couple more or less scoffing at the idea of renting one.  Basically, never saw one in use at all.  Did see one rented for at least part of one sea day.  You can get similar location and seat (assuming unoccupied) for free.  I suppose you get some service if renting a "cubby" - hardly what I would call a cabana, but there is generally no Princess staff around in this area, unless some event/activity is going on.

Someone asked about adults.  There is nothing preventing kids from being in this section - I don't recall seeing any signs, but imagine the official policy is such.  That said, with staff hardly ever seen in the area, IDK how it would be enforced unless another passenger phoned in a complaint.

In addition, to what I mentioned, there is a chessboard and a few "stations" with various instruments that can make musical sounds.  Sometimes a passenger will play with them.  There is a wall on the port side which has some writings and such that corresponds to all that flowery Princess wording in the excerpt that Colo Cruiser posted above.  And finally there are various sounds played at times over the speaker system.  I believe the whole area is supposed to evoke or reflect an Asian space of tranquility and the "wishing wall" is themed that way.  In my observation, it was just another place for a few folks to hang out and perhaps play games. 

Edited by steelers36

Like Steelers36 we were on the Majestic in late February. We had 5 sea days including 2 crossing the Tasman where it was nearly impossible and certainly not pleasant to be outdoors due to very high winds and cool temperatures (we were sailing around a cyclone).

Both areas are supposed to be Adults Only and I never saw any person younger than 25 in the pool area, and we were in that area a great deal. Every so often there were a few older children in the Conservatory area, but from my observation they were either playing the bells and strings politely or playing chess or board games with their parents. I am guessing had someone complained they would have been asked to leave, but given their behavior and the weather I don't think anyone much minded. Overall, there seemed to be few children on the ship, so we never observed the gaggle of kids roaming the ship as I have seen on other cruises.

As I recall, there were cabana areas to rent in the Conservatory but they never seemed full when I was there. There are also Alcoves by the windows in the pool area which I understood were first come, first served and those did get good usage.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I was on the 3/26/19 sailing & used the Hollywood Conservatory daily.  I never saw children in the area.  While it was busy in the early afternoon, I was always able to find a table.  The cabanas were free and filled VERY early.  My husband was up early one morning and said there were people using them at 5 am.  I tried a cabana and it was not that much more comfortable.  The TV was disconnected and a crew member said that they would not be turned on while the cabanas were free to all passengers.  Also, there was no mini fridge in the cabana.

Until I read this, it had totally escaped my attention that Princess had a new ship with a covered pool!  That is my biggest pet peeve about Princess - no covered pool, especially in cooler itineraries.  I'm not seeing one on the Sky or the other new one, but I may have missed it.  I don't see us doing another NZ/Aus cruise (went with Celebrity Solstice) soon but will pray that Majestic comes closer to us!  Or they change their mind and "throw" a retractable roof on one of the new ones 😉