Sailing on your birthday month

esper10

A lady at guest services (Carnival, she'd had a couple of drinks) was complaining that 'they' were on a 'special' cruise... after all, SHE had a birthday last month, her HUBBY's birthday was next month, their daughter had JUST graduated three months ago AND it was their anniversary!!

She couldn't understand why they didn't have a parade for her. We laughed and laughed.

When you think of all the excuses to celebrate with a cruise -- birthday, anniversary, graduation, newlywed, newly-divorced, baby-moon, new job, work promotion, boob job -- we figure EVERYONE should have balloons on their door.

PS, on our trip in 2 weeks, sister and I are both celebrating our September birthdays (we're turning 49 and 50) We'll be decorating, basically, our whole section of the hallway with silly signs.

In your cruise personalizer there's an area asking if you're celebrating any special occasions. I put down my birthday and they give you a small poster on your door and some balloons. I think in the past we got a small chocolate cake at dinner, but I don't know if they still do that.

I booked the Cajun Grill on the night of my birthday which is Thanksgiving day. I'm treating myself.:*

Speaking of birthdays....mine was recent and the birthday "card" you get in the email....Whats with that? Printable pictures to COLOR!!!!! I know I'm in my 2nd (or 3rd) childhood, but Geeze, Really!!!

Wah!!! Wah!!! I never got a coloring birthday card! I'm going to write Princess a long letter and tell them I'll never cruise with them again because they're stingy handing out birthday greetings! WAH!!! WAH!!! sniff, sniff. /snark

Wah!!! Wah!!! I never got a coloring birthday card! I'm going to write Princess a long letter and tell them I'll never cruise with them again because they're stingy handing out birthday greetings! WAH!!! WAH!!! sniff, sniff. /snark

A little too much coffee?

Mention ANY occasion in the MDR and you will get a wonderful mass produced Princess mini cake that had been frozen just a few hours before.

That's why we gave up on celebrating any occasion on the ship.

In the past we never turned any of the cards for one of their "special" cakes since I won't eat any & would rather order something better at dinner. ;)

A lady at guest services (Carnival, she'd had a couple of drinks) was complaining that 'they' were on a 'special' cruise... after all, SHE had a birthday last month, her HUBBY's birthday was next month, their daughter had JUST graduated three months ago AND it was their anniversary!!

She couldn't understand why they didn't have a parade for her. We laughed and laughed.

When you think of all the excuses to celebrate with a cruise -- birthday, anniversary, graduation, newlywed, newly-divorced, baby-moon, new job, work promotion, boob job -- we figure EVERYONE should have balloons on their door.

PS, on our trip in 2 weeks, sister and I are both celebrating our September birthdays (we're turning 49 and 50) We'll be decorating, basically, our whole section of the hallway with silly signs.

I am still laughing. Great response.

In your cruise personalizer there's an area asking if you're celebrating any special occasions. I put down my birthday and they give you a small poster on your door and some balloons. I think in the past we got a small chocolate cake at dinner, but I don't know if they still do that.

I booked the Cajun Grill on the night of my birthday which is Thanksgiving day. I'm treating myself.:*

Yes. See that's the difference. They do have recorded when your birthday is and you might get an electronic birthday card if you aren't on board, but they aren't going to acknowledge your special day unless you input that in your booking personalizer before you sail.