Halloween

Wirral

We are going on a cruise which will cover Halloween. My granddaughter will be with us aged 8. Will there be anything celebrating Halloween on board. Mainly asking if we need to bring her a costume with us for trick or treating?

We sailed once on Halloween and the ship was decorated and there was a party in the grand foyer. It was a longer cruise so no kids but many adults had costumes so your grand daughter should enjoy hers. Not sure about trick or treating, might depend on how many kids are on board.

I would bring one. With school in session not sure how many kids will be on board. I expect the kids club will do something for those who are on board. They can tailor activities better to the kids with fewer on board. They put together a nice Easter party with tons of candy. Might not ToT but I would think they might do some sort of party.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed on Equinox several years ago...Halloween was our last night on the ship, which was decorated for the holiday. There were lots of passengers dressed up...maybe just a fun hat or t-shirt, but still a lot of fun. Our extra special activity was a flash mob set to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" (perfect for Halloween). We practiced 4-5 times during the cruise...and performed in three different places on Halloween night. Your granddaughter will have a blast!

I've done one cruise over Halloween and the ship was decorated and many of the staff were in costumes. Guests were encouraged to wear costumes and while a number did it wasn't the majority. That being said, there were many parties throughout the ship and everyone had a great time. There was no "trick or treating" that I saw, but it was a longer cruise with very few children on board.

I've sailed a couple times that Halloween was celebrated during the cruise. They do have a party and also a Costume Parade of people in costumes. Prizes were given for the best costumes.

I don't recall if they had goodies for kids.

We were on board Reflection last year for Halloween. This link shows some photos of the stairs in the Grand Foyer that had been decorated overnight.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54440430&postcount=160

We took some costumes on with us. There was a party in the Grand Foyer in the evening and there was a parade of those in costume.

I dont think many passengers if any will be waiting in their cabin for trick or treaters to knock on their door.

Sometimes the adults that are wearing costumes may have a little parade during the evening making the rounds of the bars. Don’t know if they set it up themselves or it was by the CD.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I dont think many passengers if any will be waiting in their cabin for trick or treaters to knock on their door.

We took a little bucket and some sweets and gave them to crew as we walked around the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you to all who replied. This was exactly what I wanted to know. Love the suggestion of a bucket of sweets to hand to staff. Will consider bringing one for granddaughter to hand out to staff. She would love doing that.

I have no experience whatever with cruising over Halloween, but I would be shocked if the shop vendors didn't have some treats to hand out to kids.

Didn't happen last year on Reflection. I'd be more surprised if it did happen.

Thank you to all who replied. This was exactly what I wanted to know. Love the suggestion of a bucket of sweets to hand to staff. Will consider bringing one for granddaughter to hand out to staff. She would love doing that.

We picked up a couple of Halloween themed mixed bags of sweets from ASDA. Make sure the sweets are in wrappers. :)

We are going on a cruise which will cover Halloween. My granddaughter will be with us aged 8. Will there be anything celebrating Halloween on board. Mainly asking if we need to bring her a costume with us for trick or treating?

There will be a party.