Can I bring Question

I have alot of medical problems and I been eating fresh tumeric for inflammation which has been helping me better than medications, question, will I be allowed to board with fresh tumeric packed in its original container?

It's not booze, a weapon, or an iron.......................

Why would they care?

I have alot of medical problems and I been eating fresh tumeric for inflammation which has been helping me better than medications, question, will I be allowed to board with fresh tumeric packed in its original container?

you sound like a terrorist and your so called "turmeric" is an explosive powder. I would indeed call the cruise line and let them know if it is a large quantity. ;)

I can't see it being a problem, but, to make sure I would call either special needs (866-592-7225) or C&A (888-437-1953)

Steve

If you choose to follow this instruction, print out the results. (Now I'm off to see what Tumeric looks like)

If the OP sees this, do you feel tumeric for cooking helps you better than any supplement that contains it?

Some of you have said it shouldn't be a problem and thinking of it, your right and I doubt that I need to call special needs to let them know I bringing it aboard as they only deal with special need items that are provided by the cruise line.

I would bring it in the container it comes from, generally I prefer to buy it at fresh market loose but Publix grocery store sells it in a plastic pint size container with the label so I just bring the entire thing unopened. Should I have a problem they can just bite into it and see its an herb and nothing more haha. Worse case it gets thrown out but I doubt that would happen.

For those of you that have mentioned you take tumeric and it works for you, yes indeed it does! There are so many poor quality tumeric brand/capsules out there, you don't get the true effect and they are made from tumeric extract not powder, but there are some very good brands also, but everybody knows the real thing is always the best and most potent.

Some of you have said it shouldn't be a problem and thinking of it, your right and I doubt that I need to call special needs to let them know I bringing it aboard as they only deal with special need items that are provided by the cruise line.

I would bring it in the container it comes from, generally I prefer to buy it at fresh market loose but Publix grocery store sells it in a plastic pint size container with the label so I just bring the entire thing unopened. Should I have a problem they can just bite into it and see its an herb and nothing more haha. Worse case it gets thrown out but I doubt that would happen.

For those of you that have mentioned you take tumeric and it works for you, yes indeed it does! There are so many poor quality tumeric brand/capsules out there, you don't get the true effect and they are made from tumeric extract not powder, but there are some very good brands also, but everybody knows the real thing is always the best and most potent.

Recommend you not bring more than you need and do not take off the ship in any port. Most countries, including the USA, prohibit importing fruits, vegetables, and such. Good chance whatever tumeric you are bringing in will hit the trash. On the plus side, when you first embark no one is looking closely at what fruits or vegetables you are bringing onboard. Alcohol, firearms, lots of other stuff not OK but roots should pass with no issue. George

Hi George, I will only bring what I need its a short cruise anyways. I certainly wont take it off the ship in port, I don't need it there just need to eat it once a day and I do that when I eat lunch. Thank you.

Can you let me know what brand please? I just found out I have bad arthritis in my hips :( Gretchen.Liles gmail.com Please and thanks!