Rules for canceling dinner reservations?

CP3o

If need to cancel (no payment made bc of SDP) is there some charge if don’t cancel soon enough? I skimmed something but didn’t see a reference.

Anything like 3 days notice or 3 hrs?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If need to cancel (no payment made bc of SDP) is there some charge if don’t cancel soon enough? I skimmed something but didn’t see a reference.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I recall, they request 24 hours notice (to avoid a charge). I believe that they might be more flexible on embarkation day. However, I wouldn't chance that myself!

The Freestyle Dailies usually say 24 hours in advance.

If you made reservations online, can you cancel online before the cruise? I looked online but could not find a way to cancel a reservation. Do I have to wait until I get onboard?

Cannot cancel online. Either phone or cancel onboard at least an hour before but we've cancelled 20 minutes before with no problem.

If you made reservations online, can you cancel online before the cruise? I looked online but could not find a way to cancel a reservation. Do I have to wait until I get onboard?

You can call to cancel.

Still interested to know the penalty for not canceling a SDP perk dinner reservation.

We no showed, nothing was said. Well basically we screwed up the date and had gone the night before, and no showed on the night we were supposed to go. It was La Cucina and we walked right in on the wrong night, and I learned why there was no line to get in, during dinner.

While they would LIKE 24 hours so they know and, in the case of most popular times, they will be able to fill the gaps. However they are more than happy that you just cancel at any time; politeness. However if they find that you are a regular "no show" they may apply the rules more fully.

My guess is that if they did decide to penalise you they would just "dock" you an SDP meal.

We've never had a problem cancelling even 20 minutes before. Use the phone in your room to call down to reservations, easy peasy. They will not charge you a thing nor dock your SDP a meal.

It is polite if you know a few hours beforehand to call them as soon as you can. But they can easily fill those tables with others who show up without a reservation. This is also why if you do not have a reservation, don't think youre going to miss out.... simply head down to the restaurant of your choice and ask if they have a free table. Most times they do because of people cancelling that day. You may have to wait 15-30 minutes but grab a drink and relax.

An no, there is nowhere online for you to cancel reservations but you can call the reservations line before your cruise.

I thought this was interesting and also very smart of our Concierge. I had asked him to change one of our dinner reservations. But when I checked on the TV, it was still showing our old reservation and our new one. I asked him about it and he said that he keeps the old reservation in case a suite guest is looking for a last minute reservation, and no worries for us we wouldn't be charged or anything for not showing up.