paying our cruise for 2019 tomorow,but told paperwork isn’t delivered till just befor

Aussiemin

Hi we are going to travel agents tomorow and pay our flights ,hotels and cruise for next year March . can you advise if this is correct procedure please .We’re told we don’t receive our cruise paperwork till several weeks before we sail .all other paperwork is given but not cruise paperwork from Princess. Regards Ausssie . .

Are you having to pay in full this far in advance? I understand things are different in Australia, but I question having to put out the money this early. Usually 90 days prior to the cruise is when final payment is due, and the reservation is held with your deposit.

Be sure to get a detailed receipt from your travel agent so you have proof later on what you paid for.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Are you having to pay in full this far in advance? I understand things are different in Australia, but I question having to put out the money this early. Usually 90 days prior to the cruise is when final payment is due, and the reservation is held with your deposit.

Be sure to get a detailed receipt from your travel agent so you have proof later on what you paid for.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I’m not sure this is still the case, but a few years ago when booking a HAL T/A along with Flight Ease one way, I was advised if I wanted to select airline, specific flight and seats, I needed to pay all up front - rather than let any of the details be undecided.

It was worth it to me to get two seats together on the flight and type of aircraft desired - at the cost of what was then minimal time value of money.

You may not get any paperwork and just get a link to your cruise line's website where you'll be asked to create a log-in for access to your reservations.

To elaborate specifically for Princess...

OP - when you log into the website make sure you set up a loginID and password if you have not done so already. Then your future cruises will display. Click on your future cruise and you will be in your cruise personalizer where you can see your booking summary, guest check-in, excursion reservations, on-board reservations, specialty dining reservations, travel arrangements, calendar and planning, and payments and credits. As someone else has noted, running off your cruise documents can be done about 75 days in advance.

Hi we are going to travel agents tomorow and pay our flights ,hotels and cruise for next year March . can you advise if this is correct procedure please .We’re told we don’t receive our cruise paperwork till several weeks before we sail .all other paperwork is given but not cruise paperwork from Princess. Regards Ausssie . .

What exactly do you mean by "cruise paperwork?"

IMO, the first thing you'd want when making a deposit and/or payment would be an "invoice" (either hard or digital copy) from the cruise line and/or the TA showing itinerary, amenities, T&C and credit card payment(s) TO THE CRUISE LINE (and not to the TA).

FWIW: Don't know about Australia but, if the buyer resides in California, the TA (anywhere) must be registered with the state's Attorney General's office as a "seller of travel" and must provide a detailed invoice (I prefer getting both the cruise line AND TA invoices to assure that nothing is left to get "lost in translation."

Arrival of "final" docs (hard copies and/or digital PDFs), including PAID IN FULL invoice, purchased/complimentary amenities, T&C, guest registration specifics and (depending on cruise line) actual luggage tags, should arrive at least several weeks before departure.

On all our previous cruises with Princess, we have not received a printed package for at least about 7 or 8 years.

From their website, select Booked Guests and then select cruise personaliser login. If you have not already signed up, you will need to register. Once registered you can access the cruise personaliser with your email address & password.

Once you access the cruise personaliser you will have multiple pages available to complete - passport details, emergency contact, preferences, celebrations on the cruise, etc.

About 75 days before departure you will be able to print out boarding passes, luggage tags, etc.

I’m not sure this is still the case, but a few years ago when booking a HAL T/A along with Flight Ease one way, I was advised if I wanted to select airline, specific flight and seats, I needed to pay all up front - rather than let any of the details be undecided.

It was worth it to me to get two seats together on the flight and type of aircraft desired - at the cost of what was then minimal time value of money.

I booked a HAL cruise for this month about a year ago (canceled it later). I was able to select fights, dates and seating as soon as I selected the air option.

Like others not sure about the rules in Australia but with Princess I use EZAir and am able to pick my seats by going to the airline website. And this is well before final payment.

Final payment on our upcoming cruise was 75 days out and was soon able to print boarding pass and luggage tags.

On your Princess account can also print out a Travel Summary

Ask for a witten receipt of payment.

Amount paid, what it covers, and signed by TA\

As important as any receipt is evidence that your credit card payments were made directly to the cruise line (it will say it in any credit card alerts you've set and received) and not to the TA company.

As important as any receipt is evidence that your credit card payments were made directly to the cruise line (it will say it in any credit card alerts you've set and received) and not to the TA company.

Excellent.. Yes. The receipt should indicate exactly what that payment is supposed to cover.

Excellent.. Yes. The receipt should indicate exactly what that payment is supposed to cover.

Close but, not my point. You need bona fide evidence that the credit card was charged by the cruise ship company and not by the TA. The best way to do that is to set alerts in your credit card account so that, when you give the TA the CC number and authorization for the cruise ship company to charge it, the e-mail alert you from your CC bank/company says "a charge of $xxx.xx was authorized for "xxxx cruise lines" and not "xxxxx travel agency."

Of course, you could also look it up on your next CC bill (which may be a useless gesture after the cruise payment due date) or keep checking your online CC account.

Easiest thing is set your CC alerts.