Suite Benefit Question

nukesubsailor

One of the benefits of booking a full suite is a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on the evening of embarkation day. My question has to do with the definition of embarkation day.

As pertains to the free dinner, does embarkation day mean the day that the suite occupant boards the ship or does it mean the day that a cruise begins?

To clarify------ If I book, under one booking number, a suite for a 14 day cruise that is also sold as two 7-day cruises, will I get the free specialty restaurant dinner only on my first day aboard or will I also get one on the first day of the second 7-day cruise.

If I book back to back cruises under separate booking numbers will I get the free dinner on the first day of both bookings?

One of the benefits of booking a full suite is a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on the evening of embarkation day. My question has to do with the definition of embarkation day.

As pertains to the free dinner, does embarkation day mean the day that the suite occupant boards the ship or does it mean the day that a cruise begins?

To clarify------ If I book, under one booking number, a suite for a 14 day cruise that is also sold as two 7-day cruises, will I get the free specialty restaurant dinner only on my first day aboard or will I also get one on the first day of the second 7-day cruise.

It depends. According to the description, you are really only entitled to the free dinner on the first night of your booking. However, you may also get it on the first night of the second cruise - or you may not. The only way you will know for sure is to ask onboard. I recommend asking the head waiter at the suite breakfast towards the end of the first cruise - I think you will get a better answer that way than trying to ask Passenger Services of someone else. By that time, that head waiter will already know you and he will be trying to take care of you.

If I book back to back cruises under separate booking numbers will I get the free dinner on the first day of both bookings?

In this case, you will definitely receive the free dinner on the first night of both cruises.

There is a long recent thread on this from like 2 weeks ago?

The day you embark is the day that the cruise begins. Each ship is different as far as trying to change it to a different day. Most of the time you have to use it the first name night.

In our experience we got 1 dinner.

All you can do is ask once onboard to try and get one for each leg.

We booked 3 different cruises on the Royal 7 days each b2b2b and we got 1 dinner regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Embarkation day is the same as the day the cruise begins. So that is the evening you receive the dinner. Call the dine line or visit the restaurant on boarding day for a reservation. If you want to change the evening to your turn around day that may be possible, but you will have to ask once on board.

There is a long recent thread on this from like 2 weeks ago?

The day you embark is the day that the cruise begins. Each ship is different as far as trying to change it to a different day. Most of the time you have to use it the first name night.

In our experience we got 1 dinner.

All you can do is ask once onboard to try and get one for each leg.

We booked 3 different cruises on the Royal 7 days each b2b2b and we got 1 dinner regardless.

I would say if you actually booked it as three different cruises under three different booking numbers that you were not treated fairly. You should also have received three mini bar set ups.

Of course my definition of fairness does not really matter.

Like most people stated; the night you depart is the night you will have your specialty dining night. Depending on the ship you are on and how crowded the overall ship is; you may be able to move your dinner to a different night. When you arrive in your suite, you should have a card on your table with the free meal notice. You can either call the dine line or go in person to whichever place you would like to dine and tell them what time you would like to eat.

Like most people stated; the night you depart is the night you will have your specialty dining night. Depending on the ship you are on and how crowded the overall ship is; you may be able to move your dinner to a different night. When you arrive in your suite, you should have a card on your table with the free meal notice. You can either call the dine line or go in person to whichever place you would like to dine and tell them what time you would like to eat.

We have not seen any notice/card left in the cabin in the last 3 years.

The only time we have ever had a card for a specialty restaurant dinner in our suite has been when our travel agent gifted us the dinners. Never had one for the embarkation night dinner benefit since the benefit began.

The only time we have ever had a card for a specialty restaurant dinner in our suite has been when our travel agent gifted us the dinners. Never had one for the embarkation night dinner benefit since the benefit began.

I agree. A voucher for purchases or gifts. [emoji6]

We took an “upsell” to a full suite (S3) on our September 14-day Transatlantic on the Regal. They gave us a Balcony Breakfast (on the day of our choice) instead of the first night specialty restaurant.

We took an upsell to a full suite. We received a Balcony breakfast, that we did not use (prefer eating at Sabitini's). Also received first night specialty restaurant at the crown grill.

I am not sure how it happened; but when we sailed last year with grandkids in family suite on Emerald to Alaska, there was a card stating we had a gift of specialty restaurant. I do not remember my travel agent telling me she gave us that as a gift; but who knows. No a big deal. We ate at Crown Grill on first night. The only thing I saved from our cruise were the patters which are in a box in the basement.