Port Canaveral Boarding

bigeagle12

I have always arrived at port around 10:30 and been on the ship before noon. With new assigned boarding times will o really be forced to wait? My time is 1pm and I will be there at 10:30.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

I am right there with you. I have always been at the port early and this is my first cruise with assigned check in times. I was signed in right at the 90 day mark and I got stuck with 1230 - 1. I plan to arrive at my normal time and just hope for the best and not be forced to wait until 1230.

your assigned time is a check in time, it is a time that is never rarely enforced

you can board any time between noon and sail away time

from reading about the liberty it sounds like it is really enforced and people are being moved from the check in line to the later arrival line.

why would carnival roll that out if its not going to be utilize.

I saw people being herded out of the line because they had a later check in

The OP has a 1pm check in and showing up at 10 - is a long wait outside in the heat

(

your assigned time is a check in time, it is a time that is never rarely enforced

you can board any time between noon and sail away time

Last time we sailed we arrived at PC about 30 min early for an 11:30 boarding time (IIRC), so about 11am - we were sent to the "early or late arrivals" line, which took no more time than the regular line (from what I could see), and we all sat and waited about 30 min before boarding started (Platinum/Diamonds, FTTF, etc), and we had to wait another 30 min or so before our section of the herd got to board. I think boarding was a little delayed - perhaps that was when Liberty had "underperforming" azipods.

If you arrive after 12noon, unless something has delayed boarding overall, you are likely to just walk up, check-in, and board right away. But that is generally because a lot of folks have already boarded prior to that, so the "rush" has been dealt with.

Last week, there was a line marked “Early/Late for Check In” in use. It was outside the terminal. I wouldn’t recommend arriving outside your assigned window. But, I’m not much for waiting in a hot line. Boarding for Liberty is a bit of a hike. Debark is much easier. :)

We arrived on 6/23/18 for our Carnival Magic cruise at 10:15am and by the time we got through check-in and security (10:30), they we already boarding group 4... I thought we would get there early enough for the Diamond/Platinum boarding - I was wrong!

The last 2 sailings I have been on this year, they were definitely enforcing the early/late line. There were a lot of people sitting down in the line waiting until their time to enter the terminal. This was at both Port Canaveral and Port Everglades.

Sailed on the Liberty out of PC in January. Booked last minute and received a late time. We arrived 30-45 minutes early because we didn’t calculate driving time accurately and were able to check in immediately. Sailed again last Thursday, again booking very last minute with a 12:30 check in, and took a calculated risk by arriving just before 11:00. There was no line and we were directed to the check in and security areas with not even a glance at the time on our boarding pass. I think it is just luck, depending on how many people are there at the time you arrive. Arriving at 11:00 got us a Zone 11 pass, there were quite a few people already waiting.

Edited to add: The Liberty was the only ship in PC last Thursday. They used the terminal where you walk up a ramp from the parking garage directly into the terminal (I think it was Terminal B). Is it possible that a different terminal is used when there is more than one ship at a time, and that makes a difference in enforcement of boarding times?

Liberty’s terminal is quite different from Magic’s. More challenging. :(

I think it is the other way around. I have sailed on Magic and Liberty twice each this year, and the terminal for Liberty is much easier in my opinion. When sailing on Liberty you drop off your luggage inside the parking garage. After parking your car in the parking garage, there is a covered walkway to the terminal. On Magic you drop off your luggage outside and have to walk outside from the parking garage to the terminal.

Of course someone else’s experience may be different if they don’t drive to the port and/or they don’t drop luggage off with porters outside the terminal. I always drive to the port (we live in Florida) and always leave luggage with porters, even if it is only a 3 day cruise.

I have always arrived at port around 10:30 and been on the ship before noon. With new assigned boarding times will o really be forced to wait? My time is 1pm and I will be there at 10:30.

just got off the magic and it is a breeze to board. We arrived at the terminal at 11am and our zone was called to board maybe 15 mins later. Dont know why people paid for the FTTP.

just got off the magic and it is a breeze to board. We arrived at the terminal at 11am and our zone was called to board maybe 15 mins later. Dont know why people paid for the FTTP.

There are a lot more perks to FTTF than priority boarding.

1 pm is your "check in time" not boarding time. last time I went out of PC they were enforcing the check in time, unless you are platinum, diamond or fttf

• 3 weeks later...