Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

Solo cruises are the best! Can't wait to be on a true solo cruise again in 11 days.

Yes. It’s great being able to do whatever you want whenever you want. It has its awkward moments. You’re kind of like the new kid in school that nobody knows and nobody sits next to on the bus. The main thing is figuring out how you like to do dinner.

The sports bar will have college and pro football on that week. In my experience, the games are pre-determined about what they'll show. I bet you a beer that they'll show Michigan/Ohio State at noon followed by Alabama/Auburn. ;)

They play on Saturday, my game is on thanksgiving day. There are only 2 games in that day. Co state vs Air Force at 2:30 and ms state vs ole miss at 6:30. So hopefully they will have it on

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. It’s great being able to do whatever you want whenever you want. It has its awkward moments. You’re kind of like the new kid in school that nobody knows and nobody sits next to on the bus. The main thing is figuring out how you like to do dinner.

For meals, I found I like eating in the specialty restaurants. One thing to remember is lots of people are always walking around. They have no clue if you are alone or with a group and just out on your own from your group. So unless someone is stalking you and always checking to see if your with someone or a group, they really have no clue. The times I traveled solo before, I always reminded myself of that and that helped with the awkwardness. Think everyone should go on a solo cruise. But will tell you some of the best folks to cruise with later on future cruises are people you meet on a ship that become cruise friends. Its much better than sailing with land friends and family that are not typically cruisers. They understand cruising better, you never have to keep checking that they are having a good time or hear them complain about ship stuff or the ship.

They have a lot of tvs so they can show a bunch of games. But remember that deal where they got rid of network tv. My bet is the games they show will be on ESPN, espn2, sec network, and possibly fox sports 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My game is on ESPN on thanksgiving day so I am hoping they show it. I told my husband they would so I could get him on the ship. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Throw out another thing I like about Breeze more than Dream. In the comedy club on Breeze, they have a TV on the wall behind the bar showing the stage in case bartenders are blocking your view of the stage like this.

577b762b5977cb94d1fddfcdab635137.jpg

Okay another thing I’ve seen on here that has bothered me. Someone said they couldn’t get s pizza in less that 20 minutes. I’ve never timed it....until tonight. Because that didn’t sound right to me. So tonight...and I will say this isn’t the longest I’ve waited..but it is about the longest line I’ve waited in. There were 20-30 people in front of me. I started my stopwatch when I got in line and stopped it when i got a full pepperoni.

900dba3aa59c8a11afe50ea1e36e224e.png

9638a65d0ebaec401e211351efd37cff.jpg

During my long, grueling...8 1/2 minute wait for pizza, I passed the time by working on another poem. I call it 24 hour pizza

Pizza in the morning

Pizza in the evening

Pizza at supper time

With 24 hour pizza

You can eat pizza anytime

People who wear zany socks are statically likely to be creative, intelligent and successful. Google it, there are multiple articles on it.

I bet I know what your socks look like.

• Haha 1

Your thread is answering a lot of questions about the Dream for us. Have Cheers but worried that Carnival's drink menu wouldn't make it worth it. NCL and RCCL seemed to have more "sophisticated" cocktails but we're gonna be good with the Dream. Food looks pretty good. Sea day brunch looked really nice. You'll love Key West. One of our favorite ports. Do all the touristy stuff, you'll like it. Your boudin balls have made us alter our route home.