Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

I have some time this morning so let’s talk parking.

When it comes to park and cruise hotels there are none that take you to the port, pick you up from port and give you parking included. I’ve heard it has something to do with the taxi cab union. Here on some p&c hotels know of:

Country inn and suites in Metairie. They let you park there and shuttle you to the port but you have to find your own way back. It’s about a $15 Uber/lyft.

Holiday inn Downtown Superdome. Parking included but no port transportation. I think it’s about an $8 Uber/lyft.

Hampton inn and suites New Orleans convention center. Shuttle to the port included..not sure if they have a return shuttle. The big catch is they charge $14/day for parking which at that price you could’ve picked maybe a cheaper hotel and parked in Fulton garage.

Prytania Park I haven’t heard about this garden district hotel in awhile but as of a couple years ago they let you park there if you stay two nights. I don’t think any transportation is included.

I’ve recently heard you can get parking included at the holiday inn West Bank..which is the round hotel across the river. But transportation is not included.

Port parking is $140 for a 7-night cruise. But you’re right there in the building. Just have to go down the elevator. I’ve heard that porters may even meet you at your car but I’ve never done it so I can’t confirm. The only other port I have to compare with is Galveston where your port parking is in a garage across the street.

Another option is what I do which is park at an offsite garage that shuttles you to/from the port. I use Fulton garage which comes to $106 covered and $83 rooftop. It’s manned 24/7 and has 64 security cameras. Shuttle to and from the port. This is the option I’ll be showing you today. It will be my sixth time using them.

The other one I’m aware of is Machu Picchu Tours. This is a smaller place. Single floor garage. They shuttle you to and from the port and charge $110 for the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the info! :D

I’ve done a few internet speed tests since I’ve been on the ship. It’s pretty ugly but good enough for me to upload pictures without any problems. We’ll see if that holds up on Breeze some nights it took a couple hours to upload pics. On Freedom I lost that ability for 2 or 3 days. I did these around 6pm, 10pm, 10am

ae8a7da5c09fa12f2eeb151fae5b2cd9.png

25effe5beffbba281316ef3d67656444.png

fd8ee1578ab24a5877c3fc6cab0d3872.png

Actually tried to do sea day brunch at 9:30...not a good time unless you like waiting in long lines. The dining room was loaded and there had to be 100 people waiting outside the dining room. Came back an hour later and it’s much better—no line.

a059cd6cf87948df964b8db917d099d6.jpg

Since the CC meet and greet isn’t till Friday. I’m going to play a game. I’m not going to say a word to anyone who doesn’t work for carnival until one person says something to me first. Hasn’t happened yet going back to the parking garage. Even the lady who dropped her bag in the elevator and the doors were going to close before she got off. I held the doors open. Not a word. My record on this is three days. Three days on a boat with thousands of people. It’s amazing how people are in their own little bubbles on these cruises.

I’m going to call it at 24 hours. Young couple at the atrium bar interested in Bloody Marys.

I don’t know about the hallway decor. When you return to the room at 1am after more than a few drinks...about to go in your room and you turn around and see this...it kind of freaks you out.

6bd1232812aefabbaa23abb702e69ed0.jpg

I am living through your posts, counting down until I go on a cruise with my girlfriend on 09/10 (Triumph). Are the King Beds only available through an upgrade? I am not sure, but we got two single beds for some reason. I am planning to upgrade rooms and purchase the CHEERS program for us but weighing out the pro's and con's.

Thanks again for your posts!

I am living through your posts, counting down until I go on a cruise with my girlfriend on 09/10 (Triumph). Are the King Beds only available through an upgrade? I am not sure, but we got two single beds for some reason. I am planning to upgrade rooms and purchase the CHEERS program for us but weighing out the pro's and con's.

You can select a king bed in your cruise manager online, no upgrade necessary. :)

As stated above the two singles go together. The upgrade I was referring to was from the upper/lower where you really just have one single on the floor.

Plenty of real estate available during lunch time at Pasta Bella. This was my experience on Breeze as well. Around day 5 or 6 the blue cards start to figure out that there’s lunch up here and it’s included.

d85ce7b0a142ecbaec0bef434782965c.jpg

07f4b74399ac99e8be2cc0f4fc20ec5d.jpg

Bread, Caesar Salad, Lasagna

8e91b9ad968a392aa9d12fa7cda4314c.jpg

e083facc70c2b9bf42a7051e254ff1b5.jpg

855a4df482b863b298120b25c0ee4aec.jpg

Good view of the buffet cakes from up here

90ee359e644333e74e0b0610fe774b1f.jpg

I am so enjoying your live review! We were on the Dream when it first came to Port Canaveral from it's transatlantic, again from New Orleans in 2014, and have her booked for next spring before they reposition her to Galveston. After 16 cruises, I still log in most every day to read a few reviews of my favorite ships. Hope you have the best cruise ever!

ur my kinda cruiser..... nice wine list, and I gotta ask how the stout was?

Talking about that sea cow? It’s okay. That’s what is supposed to be the Guinness replacement. I usually have one or two per cruise. Guinness I drank daily when they had it.

Enjoying your review! We have the same taste in drinks and I am looking forward to spending the week with you! I just wish I was on board. We will be on the Dream the week of Thanksgiving. Can you find out if they have ESPN in the cabin? And Saturday will you see if they have college football on any of the TVs? Our rivalry game will be Thanksgiving day on ESPN and my husband is freaking out about not being able to watch it. I am ole miss and he is Mississippi state. Thanks so much and have a great week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums