Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

On the CD front we were supposed to have the flying scotsman. Then a couple months ago they changed it to Lee Mason. Then this CD conference came up and they changed it to DJ Grinnzz. So we’ll have to see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I book inside rooms which are more affordable for the solo cruiser. I don’t spend much time in the room anyway. Outside of sleeping maybe an hour in the morning and an hour before dinner. I think I’d get bored on the balcony. The two upgrades I do make is I don’t do the upper/lower. I go for the regular inside so I can get a king bed. And I book on lido deck. Those upgrades are around $150 for the week. Where a balcony upgrade seems to be $500-600.

Anyway..here is the room.

158d9a29e8ad36ff72ee3e3bdd80383a.jpg

ceb2d181e7c560bb9d013f15246a982a.jpg

45380e4d51e7a1a03ff6d1b2719f57b9.jpg

a845bed1693dde762a95db680a00de9a.jpg

99e20078655c7ada1a4fadd4996e8adf.jpg

Hmm. Seems a bit late in the cruise for this..but I’ll be there. I do like this invite better than the one I got on breeze. The one on breeze was on a sheet of paper mixed in with all the junk sales stuff. I didn’t see it at first. I found out about it from the fun times. They did have a better time though late morning 1st sea day.

31edebf32477b120e123ecd68a5222a2.jpg

Great review so far.. I went to college at Southern University in Baton Rouge so seeing your pictures has brought back so many memories.. And the fact you chased down a man in a green suit to get a picture was too funny.. Have a safe and happy cruise!!

Great review so far.. I went to college at Southern University in Baton Rouge so seeing your pictures has brought back so many memories.. And the fact you chased down a man in a green suit to get a picture was too funny.. Have a safe and happy cruise!!

Great band! I see them quite a bit at Saints games. I’ll be seeing them at the La Tech game in two weeks. Love when we can get southern on our schedule. Their fans travel well.

Since the CC meet and greet isn’t till Friday. I’m going to play a game. I’m not going to say a word to anyone who doesn’t work for carnival until one person says something to me first. Hasn’t happened yet going back to the parking garage. Even the lady who dropped her bag in the elevator and the doors were going to close before she got off. I held the doors open. Not a word. My record on this is three days. Three days on a boat with thousands of people. It’s amazing how people are in their own little bubbles on these cruises.

• Like 1

What internet package are you using to do this review??

AT&T LTE :D at some point tonight I’ll switch to my carnival premium. You could probably get by with value. But I can’t take the chance

That someone might have a faster connection than me.

View of the water from an inside cabin

6dd972715b4a0d23ab592c320ab5724c.jpg

One more

060d976f6b8444e50a43085c1809f5a3.jpg

🤣🤣🤣 That will be my view too when I sail the Breeze in March. I know the Dream is similar so I’m following along with your review.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow this is like "deja vu- all over again"

I just got off the Dream this morning when you were getting on

Stayed in Hotel across from Mall of Louisiana in Baton Rouge (the Renaissance which was great) on Friday

And also was in a Lido Deck Interior

It's funny because I had been following some of your post on the New Orleans thread concerning Hotwire Deals

Have fun-I'm now in Dry Dock after being "overserved" all week

After sail away I returned to the room to unpack, shower, and get ready for dinner. I like to eat right when they open YTD so I can be done in time for the 7pm entertainment. Unfortunately it looks like there isn’t anything going on until 10pm. I hate that they have the comedy shows squeezed together at 10:45 and 11:30. That means 15 mins between shows which means if you leave your seat after the 10:45 you may not see the 11:30. On my last few cruises it seemed like they had an hour between shows and the place cleared out naturally. Then come back 15mins before the next show and you’re good. Since I have a free evening it will likely be Alchemy, blackjack, or both.

I went to the alchemy for a pre-dinner drink. To my dismay every seat at alchemy was taken. I’m way down on the end in no mans land thinking I’m never going to get a drink. But actually it was less than a minute before bartender Jennifer (odd name for a carnival bartender) was down to take my order.

Ahhh...forgot to take a pic before I started drinking.

Pre-dinner drink: Spicy Chipotle Pineapple Martini

dc450ba57fc0e8e09520524ddf704ee5.jpg