Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

What type of sauce did you pick for your pasta? That looks amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it was tomato basil. I was hungry so I just picked the first pasta, the first sauce, and the things I wanted in it. There are grilled chicken strips in the bottom you can’t see in the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

🤣🤣🤣 That will be my view too when I sail the Breeze in March. I know the Dream is similar so I’m following along with your review.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes very similar. And the differences all favor the Breeze. I was on Breeze in March. Did you find my thread from then?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2607310

Going back to embarkation security actually went through my bag. What were they looking for? My cologne

942161365e7ed5616457848044ad433f.jpg

He said it looked like something else. I’m guessing he thought it was a grenade?

On a previous cruise out of Nola they thought this was a magazine for a gun. It’s a wallet. Now I put it in my checked bag in the small top compartment that’s easy for them to get to.

ee375e7ab02517d82bf4bae6660f5383.jpg

Clam Chowder

16f742d3648dd4e3d98efa5c5e19d67d.jpg

Beef Brisket, Broccoli, Baked Potato

8bb94b1d04f78a1272aa3afb64e9188b.jpg

Chocolate Melting Cake

6fc9c2e6b76009e08f105cb7df2f3a4a.jpg

Serving team was good. Food came out super fast. The head waiter, Jose tells the older couple at the next table “if you don’t finish your wine, leave it and I finish it for you.” A lady at another table laughs and says to Jose “I love you.” Jose replies “I love you too. What’s your cabin number?”

8c64e0495979b6206c636b9060005f9f.jpg

Returned to the room for a minute after dinner and finally met the steward, Tina. She gave me the whole “which service would you like” routine. I told her evening. Getting both on breeze, even though I told them evening would be fine, was nice. I just can’t ask these people to do extra work though.

There seem to be a lot of American names on this ship. Jennifer and Maria at the alchemy. Steward is Tina.

Anyway. After that I headed to the alchemy where my favorite seat was available. Then it totally died. I guess everyone went to dinner.

After dinner drink: The Perfect Storm

19acc05c7eb86384f6667061f2d556b0.jpg

Alchemy is dead so I decide to check out this 60 seconds or less show which I assume is a knockoff of the minute to win it show Guy F used to host.

This is my perch

2c82c27af3850ad4bcb7d5f5269285cb.jpg

Most people probably don’t pay attention to this seating but it’s one of the first things i look at since it’s where I like to sit. There are three ways I’ve seen these bar style seats setup and this is one of the ways I don’t like.

eb556fb49b1247b7ca7dbefb08f09f83.jpg

You have to turn to see the show and whoever is in front is blocking everyone else. Another way I’ve seen it setup is just like that but with the bar rotated. That’s great for the ones facing the stage but then a bunch of people come in right before the show and sit on the other side..totally blocking your view. Breeze has it right with one row of bar stools facing the stage.

Was able to get a spot at the end of alchemy. Band in ocean plaza is playing good 80’s music. Now playing: Bryan Adams’ Summer of ‘69

After after after dinner drink drink drink: Basil Drop

2013105361241725170dede574068c83.jpg

Here’s a issue. This is my sixth cruise on this river...I’ve never gone out on deck for the moment when Dream and Triumph pass each other on the river. I planned to do that this time. I’ve been watching and they seem to pass around 11-11:30. I pretty much never miss a unique adult comedy show. The shows tonight are at 10:45 and 11:30. If I thread the needle and it happens between 11:15 and 11:30, am I going to even be able to get back into the comedy club. Maybe a lot of people will be tired from the trip and in bed but I want to say the first night is one of the busiest for comedy.

0e5d75ed5991c8dc48012a46c51e1b1c.png

Thank you for this! We are on the Dream for the first time in February. Your drink posts may have settled our “to Cheers or not to Cheers” debate.

I’m at $73.25 on the day already

Here’s a issue. This is my sixth cruise on this river...I’ve never gone out on deck for the moment when Dream and Triumph pass each other on the river. I planned to do that this time. I’ve been watching and they seem to pass around 11-11:30. I pretty much never miss a unique adult comedy show. The shows tonight are at 10:45 and 11:30. If I thread the needle and it happens between 11:15 and 11:30, am I going to even be able to get back into the comedy club. Maybe a lot of people will be tired from the trip and in bed but I want to say the first night is one of the busiest for comedy.

0e5d75ed5991c8dc48012a46c51e1b1c.png

I’d try to see the ships pass. That’s pretty neat, I’d think.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums