Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

On my way to the hotel I almost hit a fat leprechaun wearing a cape. I thought...”nobody is going to believe that”...so after I parked I went on foot to get a shot of him.

bd8df7e71905fe016c8862b8057902c2.png

I’m staying at a La Quinta. Nothing fancy. But the location is outstanding with all of the food and shopping right here. If I want to have some wings and beers during the saints game tonight I can do that right across the street. And I’m right next to the interstate so it’s a straight shot in the morning. Room is clean, comfortable. Wifi and breakfast included...and I think I got it for $62 after tax on Hotwire.

b3b1ab80bb2d8858b8c7e019a19d29ea.jpg

1dc42eac26aad66c6c3ab7cf3bf344c1.jpg

661a9e9615607d2f67cf129626e2b917.jpg

6d6f494a91690fab88bd0f582a317dcf.jpg

271b618e1ad6897a4db4a34c6b0f3367.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

As far as packing goes. I have my suitcase. I have my backpack. And I think I have almost everything that’s supposed to be in my suitcase and backpack. It’s just a matter of putting the finishing touches on that.

This is what I face in the morning

10284fb3fd51609149024abacc191276.png

Thank you so much for this review. I will be following... quick few questions? Which LaQuinta are you staying at, how close to port are you, does it have a pool & hows the breakfast food??

We are thinking of taking cruise on this ship & itinerary.

Thank you so much for this review. I will be following... quick few questions? Which LaQuinta are you staying at, how close to port are you, does it have a pool & hows the breakfast food??

If you look at the map that he continually updates, it appears that he stayed in Louisiana's capital, Baton Rouge, before driving the extra hour down to New Orleans tomorrow morning for embarkation.

I’m 74 miles from the port. It has I believe an 8 foot pool. I can get a pic later. I want to say the breakfast has a waffle iron a couple of hot items, pastries, and yogurt but I’ll confirm in the morning.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Siegen Lane

10555 Rieger Road

Baton Rouge, LA 70809

(225) 291-6600

If you have a chance when you are on the ship, will you post the fitness class schedule?

Sure thing. That way I can say I got into the gym while I was there. On Breeze I did that for someone and I was up in there with a Bloody Mary Tryring to find the door because the entire wall was a mirror and the door was one of those mirrors and I forgot which mirror the door was.

• Haha 1

As far as packing goes. I have my suitcase. I have my backpack. And I think I have almost everything that’s supposed to be in my suitcase and backpack. It’s just a matter of putting the finishing touches on that.

The packing came together pretty good. There was a slight freak out when my elegant night shirt wasn’t in the suitcase. But I did find it in the car. Suitcase is packed and back in the trunk. Ready to go in the morning.

9288a0329022762b181006d6bc84e845.jpg

5d70e5b5496854f0bda7b04c236262ab.jpg

c21eec93c511482eef103241049be746.jpg

Embarkation morning 6:30am

I love this bed. I wish I could take it on the cruise with me. I don’t deserve it for the price I paid for this hotel. I don’t have to look. I know when I’m sleeping on a beauty rest.

b31a3a119ac53a5cb9638c84e5834a7f.jpg

7am. Let’s check out the breakfast.

So we have waffles, breads, muffins, cereals, yogurt, instant grits and oatmeal, juice and coffee

d2abfb8fb9904ce04f21b10ed5c7c2a5.jpg

2a5a86477d53a46c2d78107cd2220fea.jpg

0dab977cdda20f5df726b914731d6bb4.jpg

20d8e5fd19a6099ced7d7354f4a6041b.jpg

My bright shine breakfast of choice

4484571c25fdbc607f7c295de1b2c1ec.jpg

One thing I’d like to address. Just because I’m staying an hour from the port doesn’t in any way mean I’m recommending you not stay in New Orleans. Check out the hotels thread on the New Orleans board for my help getting good deals on hotels down there. You should stay down there. You should visit the WWII museum. It’s better and cheaper than most of the excursions you are going to find in the ports.

I’m going to say I’ve stayed in 50+ hotels in the downtown/warehouse district/French quarter area. I have six stays down there booked for the fall starting two weeks from today. The reason I stay here is because I’ve been there, done that, and I’m about to do it again.

But if you are coming from this direction and want to stay an hour out, this is a great spot. If it happens to coincide with your Christmas shopping it’s an even better spot.

I have some time this morning so let’s talk parking.

When it comes to park and cruise hotels there are none that take you to the port, pick you up from port and give you parking included. I’ve heard it has something to do with the taxi cab union. Here on some p&c hotels know of:

Country inn and suites in Metairie. They let you park there and shuttle you to the port but you have to find your own way back. It’s about a $15 Uber/lyft.

Holiday inn Downtown Superdome. Parking included but no port transportation. I think it’s about an $8 Uber/lyft.

Hampton inn and suites New Orleans convention center. Shuttle to the port included..not sure if they have a return shuttle. The big catch is they charge $14/day for parking which at that price you could’ve picked maybe a cheaper hotel and parked in Fulton garage.

Prytania Park I haven’t heard about this garden district hotel in awhile but as of a couple years ago they let you park there if you stay two nights. I don’t think any transportation is included.

I’ve recently heard you can get parking included at the holiday inn West Bank..which is the round hotel across the river. But transportation is not included.

Port parking is $140 for a 7-night cruise. But you’re right there in the building. Just have to go down the elevator. I’ve heard that porters may even meet you at your car but I’ve never done it so I can’t confirm. The only other port I have to compare with is Galveston where your port parking is in a garage across the street.

Another option is what I do which is park at an offsite garage that shuttles you to/from the port. I use Fulton garage which comes to $106 covered and $83 rooftop. It’s manned 24/7 and has 64 security cameras. Shuttle to and from the port. This is the option I’ll be showing you today. It will be my sixth time using them.

The other one I’m aware of is Machu Picchu Tours. This is a smaller place. Single floor garage. They shuttle you to and from the port and charge $110 for the week.

Daytime look at the pool.

78fcdaba54ece3b5d103118cf1d8d13a.jpg

On the road at 9:45am. Fulton garage appt 11am. Check-In 11:30-12.

ec076744ca1fe503d0de0c5ed568cd1d.png

This popped up but it turned out to be just a broken down car on the side of the road.

04270d31c76bb46d29e0500b78b31fe3.png

Pit stop

86ff990dfdf081e27d459b76c898d9f3.png

Made it!

b78ac5dc59ddd1c5a6833636bc1a3762.jpg