Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

This is my first time on Dream. Last cruise was on the Breeze. The ships are similar but have their differences. I wrote a haiku on the topic.

The sadness of the Dream

On the Dream

There is an art gallery

Where the red frog pub should be

f8cbbee1af775936521bfc7c3d045c17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your review is perfect timing for me since I am now inside of a month away from my cruise on the Dream. Following you will help at least one of those weeks go by a little easier, so thanks for that! Last year I caught us passing the Triumph on our way back to New Orleans, it is pretty cool so see both of those huge ships passing in the river almost silently. Hope your trip is wonderful and I look forward to the rest of the review.

Let’s talk deli. On breeze they had two lines with two people making sammiches this time of night. Here they still have the two lines.. but they have one person working both lines.

Here is the Cuban. I know it’s not popular on here because it’s toasted instead of pressed or something..but I like the crispiness of the toastiness. This one isn’t as crispy as I remember the one on breeze being.

d686f6c844526285f61028538975bda9.jpg

Following! You had me at 2 FunShips in before muster. :D Personally I shoot for 4, but that's the alcoholic in me that comes out as soon as I step foot on a ship. Enjoy your cruise, I know someone on there with you this week. :cool:

Thanks. Love your reviews btw.

Okay. I’ve fought with people on here about the comedy lines. People say it’s where you have to get here an hour early and stuff. I say 15 mins is good and I’m bringing the proof tonight. 20 mins to showtime. Check out these empties.

07623a09bb109e047660642a05e74750.jpg

Also there’s a guy at the door with a scanner looking for under ages.

Showtime and it’s filled up some still plenty of empty seats.

The beer I drink the most on these ships..since they got rid of Guinness. Sam Adams Boston Lager

6a377be901c928bcaaac3143a5d5af77.jpg

...... mmmmm . homer_simpson_beer.jpg

Wet Dream

53b73f654e646698f1fba00483d4df86.jpg

LMAO now that was a good one, I did like your water view from your cabin also. I cant believe you have gone this long without someone talking to you !! You must not have come across any Canadians yet :P

Here’s a issue. This is my sixth cruise on this river...I’ve never gone out on deck for the moment when Dream and Triumph pass each other on the river. I planned to do that this time. I’ve been watching and they seem to pass around 11-11:30. I pretty much never miss a unique adult comedy show. The shows tonight are at 10:45 and 11:30. If I thread the needle and it happens between 11:15 and 11:30, am I going to even be able to get back into the comedy club. Maybe a lot of people will be tired from the trip and in bed but I want to say the first night is one of the busiest for comedy.

0e5d75ed5991c8dc48012a46c51e1b1c.png

So I figured out that cruise mapper is about 30 mins behind. So I missed the ship and lost my seat.

So I figured out that cruise mapper is about 30 mins behind. So I missed the ship and lost my seat.

Alright there’s more to it than that. It took a few minutes to register. I thought “that looks like a cruise ship but it’s going away from us and triumph should be coming towards us”... After a few minutes...I figured out I was just late.

I’m waiting up to see pictures of this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry

1685ac4a29629a616942f700e864eeec.jpg

I do have another shot though. The night we come back I believe is the night triumph goes on it’s sat-thurs Cruise.

Enjoying this review; can't wait to read more! Keep the great pics coming! We're traveling the Dream in December on it's Western Caribbean itinerary. I hope our menu is as good as yours. Have a great trip!

Let’s go back to that deli stop and talk about this guy with purple socks and coconuts on them. I don’t think he should wear them.

0ffe3c335c3d420c1cc09d78c6dd9306.png

YIKES ! images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3OGx91x1tDnVHO0gXk1mnepBJPCSvRwulQiZDuVvxpK_vZLM9lw