Cruise Hacks

ElaineKeagy

I have a work friend who is taking a delayed honeymoon cruise on Miracle leaving 9/8.

I just got the idea to give her a gift bag of little things to take on her cruise. And though I’ve cruised 7 times, all I can think of is wall magnets, magnetic hooks and highlighters for the dailies.

I know there are lots of other cruise hacks but my mind is drawing a blank. Help me out, please!!!

What’s the Carnival rule on taking a bottle of wine on board??

And one other thing since I’ve never cruised on Carnival. I am assuming the cabins have metal walls and will take magnets. Am I right about that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the Dollar store:

• mesh laundry bags
  • folding fabric boxes to use on the shelf or desk
  • plastic laundry pins for use with the shower clothes line

Amazon:

• luggage tags
  • over-door organizer (half the size of a shoe organizer but great for storing overflow)
  • febreeze or Poo Pouri for the bathroom

Just a few thoughts- nothing I added here costs more than $5...

And one other thing since I’ve never cruised on Carnival. I am assuming the cabins have metal walls and will take magnets. Am I right about that?

each adult over 21 is entitled to bring 1 bottle of wine onboard.

On the older ships the walls are metal. The newer ones? I don't think so...

I have a work friend who is taking a delayed honeymoon cruise on Miracle leaving 9/8.

I just got the idea to give her a gift bag of little things to take on her cruise. And though I’ve cruised 7 times, all I can think of is wall magnets, magnetic hooks and highlighters for the dailies.

I know there are lots of other cruise hacks but my mind is drawing a blank. Help me out, please!!!

And one other thing since I’ve never cruised on Carnival. I am assuming the cabins have metal walls and will take magnets. Am I right about that?!

I'm not sure how old your work friend is but the majority of younger people don't use the paper copy of The Fun Times on Carnival, it's all done through an app. You may want to skip markers and maybe send her a plate of cookies or something fun to her room.

Maybe some travel-sized OTC medicine? Bonine? Clorox wipes to wipe down their cabin?

Or even some waterproof watches so they can set it to ship time and not worry about an alarm clock? (I use Timex 10-lap Ironman - it has an alarm on it that you can set, glows in the dark, and says the date/time. It's also water resistant up to 100 meters! I'll put a link below for the specific watches we use)

Oh, and a power strip without a surge protector? I know you can find some at the dollar store but I don't know how well they work.

Watches!

we have this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072P1SKB7/ref=twister_B01I9PSTLE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

and this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VRCYKC/ref=twister_B01I9PS0E0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This brand is lined with holes so you don't have to worry about getting a specific size. Very user friendly.

Plenty of little bottles of hand sanitizer. We go through a lot, as we sanitize after touching anything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

.... and Febreeze or other air freshener!!

Small spaces; several people

Febreeze is always in my “cruise bag”

we had strong magnet hooks for walls

bottle per 21 year old and older- wine

mini medicine bag -cough, cold, indigestion, pain meds, ginger pills , hand sanitizer wipes

used the HUB app- free- great .

USB charger!!!!

old wawa gift card for the safe. used it to open / close. not my CC

swell bottles

earplugs

From the Dollar store:

• mesh laundry bags
  • folding fabric boxes to use on the shelf or desk
  • plastic laundry pins for use with the shower clothes line

Amazon:

• luggage tags
  • over-door organizer (half the size of a shoe organizer but great for storing overflow)
  • febreeze or Poo Pouri for the bathroom

Just a few thoughts- nothing I added here costs more than $5...

There are luggage tags in the store here on Cruise Critic, that are sized to contain the luggage tags you print out for the cruise. You should have time to receive them before she goes on the cruise.

Command strip hooks!! Hang them on the walls for purses, sweaters,robes etc. They come off easily and do no damage.

Also I bring a large over the door hook for the bathroom door. I hang my bathroom bag on it freeing up counter space for cabin mate 😊

Towel clips for the pool chairs. Dollar store chip clips work.

sometimes the dollar section at Michaels has the big huge clothes pins that are perfect for beach chairs. They also get nautical items too.

I would get something to plug into the wall so she has more outlets.

a cute envelope to hold one dollar bills for tips

a lanyard

The wife and I never really bring magnets, or over the door organizers that a lot of people are going to suggest to you. The only "hacky" things I really bring are chair clips and a USB charger like this https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Adapter-Ailkin-Replacement-Samsung/dp/B0734SN6VR/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1535234936&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+wall+charger&dpID=31OAYRs95gL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

As always, YMMV

You're not supposed to use those on the ship. No surge protectors.

Uh oh!

Thanks for the heads up

I have used them on other cruises but maybe I should leave them behind for this December’s cruise

No worries. There are plenty of other options, I just hate for them to confiscate your item from you and then you be left without the additional outlets.