chop chop salad in the MDR on sea days

I get it to go and take it back to the pool.

Last cruise it was a bit toned down but still got it every sea day and took it to go.

Do you all know if all ships have it? We will be on the Anthem next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a salad bar...nothing to write home about IMO. I usually find something of higher quality on the traditional MDR lunch menu.

But if you want something light, it's a good option. Much better than any of the other complimentary restaurants on the ship.

Completely agree. The first time I made the mistake of ordering something off the menu and going for Tutti salad. Ooops. :o

My wife made that mistake the first time. She hates wasting food, so I had to eat mine plus finish hers. I was stuffed..:)

You know the food is really bad when everyone gets excited over salad!:rolleyes:

Since you have not tried the Tutti salad and apparently don't want to try it, then you don't know what it is at all. Did somebody do something nasty to your Cheerios this morning? ;p

My wife made that mistake the first time. She hates wasting food, so I had to eat mine plus finish hers. I was stuffed..:)

I sometimes have the same problem. I do not quite understand the concept where she orders something and decides that I need to eat it.

You know the food is really bad when everyone gets excited over salad!:rolleyes:

It has absolutely nothing to do with bad food. We enjoy salads if done well and are willing to try different ways of eating them. Obviously you don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love the MDR sea day salads on RCCL ships, but dont like them to be "Chop chop"

On a recent short cruise on the revamped Indie there was the usual great choice( inc shrimp/prawns) plus hot cooked selections inc pasta, scallops, lobster & steak-Wow!!!

Not sure if this was because there were lots of travel agents onboard to check out the revamp but it was FAB

If you are not careful , you end up getting a salad big enough for two or three people to eat. Just a little of ten or more items ends up being a LOT...

Lol first time I tried one I asked for just a small bit of everything...my salad was so big it it would have been enough for a family!!! Be careful lol