Help Please

babs135

Do different countries have different cruises? I'm in the UK and in a brochure there is an Alaskan cruise Vancouver to Anchorage either on the Golden or Royal Princess which starts with a Canadian tour from Calgary. I can't find it on line for 2019 but somehow found myself on Princess's German site (!) and there it is .

It's called Heart of the Rockies plus rail - Tour 1A. Price, which is in euros, is from €5426.00. Operates through July and August.

Sounds perfect, although I'm really looking for 2020. Any ideas?

Do different countries have different cruises? I'm in the UK and in a brochure there is an Alaskan cruise Vancouver to Anchorage either on the Golden or Royal Princess which starts with a Canadian tour from Calgary. I can't find it on line for 2019 but somehow found myself on Princess's German site (!) and there it is .

It's called Heart of the Rockies plus rail - Tour 1A. Price, which is in euros, is from €5426.00. Operates through July and August.

They are called cruisetours and they should be available on the UK site. If not check with a local TA to see if they can assist you.

Princess is very popular with these types of combined vacations.

Hope you find one for 2020 but they may not be out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see 2020 Alaska cruise tours available right now, probably November. This tour should be available for UK residents, but pricing will be different than North American pricing. Selection of ships will probably be different in 2020. Try contacting the Princess office in the UK. Maybe they have some idea when the schedule will be released.

Agree, I have been to these hotels and sites in the Canadian Rockies. The trip is very nice.

I don't see 2020 Alaska cruise tours available right now, probably November. This tour should be available for UK residents, but pricing will be different than North American pricing. Selection of ships will probably be different in 2020. Try contacting the Princess office in the UK. Maybe they have some idea when the schedule will be released.

Agree, I have been to these hotels and sites in the Canadian Rockies. The trip is very nice.

I can't seem to find them on the Princess site ( for 2019 ) only the cruisetours that go to the Princess Lodges???:confused:

Here it is, second cruise down.

https://www.princess.com/find/searchResults.do

Sorry that didn't work but I did find it on the UK site. On the "Plan a Cruise" page make sure you click"Search Cruisetours" at the top and leave it at "Destination - Any" not "Alaska"

This is 1 June cruise

https://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=1920&tourCode=T9A01A

Yeah that works

Edited by Gettingwarmer

Here it is, second cruise down.

https://www.princess.com/find/searchResults.do

Sorry that didn't work but I did find it on the UK site. On the "Plan a Cruise" page make sure you click"Search Cruisetours" at the top and leave it at "Destination - Any" not "Alaska"

This is 1 June cruise

https://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=1920&tourCode=T9A01A

Yeah that works

Thanks to both - "Destination ANY" - obliviously I was doing Alaska

Brilliant !!:cool:

Thanks to both - "Destination ANY" - obliviously I was doing Alaska

Brilliant !!:cool:

Yep, was putting Alaska into the destination column. Can I blame Monday blues for the fact that my brain appears to have stopped working :eek:

We were looking at this recently. It’s not on the UK site (well we couldn’t find it) but is in the new UK brochure that’s just come out - with no price. Our TA rang for a price for three of us and it was eye watering! (£23k!)

We were looking at this recently. It’s not on the UK site (well we couldn’t find it) but is in the new UK brochure that’s just come out - with no price. Our TA rang for a price for three of us and it was eye watering! (£23k!)

Wow, U.S. pricing for 2019 ranges from approximately US$11,550 interior to US$18,000 penthouse suite. Prices are total for two in a cabin. This does not include air fare or insurance.

Wow, at that price we might just pass. As I'm looking for 2020 I have no doubt that the 'starting prices will be even more than I anticipate. Shame if true because it sounds a good trip.

Is this for an inside cabin? I've seen it advertised on line at £4,800. Air fare is an unknown cost but even if it was£2000 you are looking at a price of around £7000 pp (rounding up) which is cheaper than what you have been quoted.