Cabin Height

Bea_85

We have sailed a few different ships, including the Allure, and my 6'4" husband has always been fine. He may have an issue in the doorway to the bathroom, since it is usually raised a couple of inches, and the shower will be too low for his liking, but he should never hit his head.

At 6' 10" he is going to be close to the ceiling, and will have to duck through doors but he should have a few inches clearance.

We have a friend who is 6'9 and he has never had a problem with ceilings .I am 6'5 and I do have problems with being taller than shower heads.

No issues with ceiling height, but the length of the beds are an entirely different matter. I find that they are usually slightly shorter than a normal queen sized bed in the US, and certainly not as long as a king size bed.

Your normal queen and king bed length is the same. A California king is longer but not used on ships.

Your normal queen and king bed length is the same. A California king is longer but not used on ships.

You are correct. Thanks for pointing that out. My wording could have been a bit more refined. :)

The size of the beds on many cruise ships are not standard sizes like we see at home. They may be similar, but not identical. On some, for instance, the end of the bed is curved to make it easier to walk around it. The middle may be closer to a standard queen size, but the length where a person's feet would be is a few inches shorter, which for a tall person could be a problem. I am not tall, but I do notice that many of these beds are shorter than the queen size Sleep Number bed I have at home.

The first photo is one of the Anthem of the Seas bedrooms. The second is Celebrity Constellation.

RCI_QN-Balcony-1-642x427.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by sloopsailor