Aurea vs Yacht Club

wdwcoltsfan

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Yes, that's how it works. Upgrade to Premium Plus ans the mini-bar is included. 

I'm not sure what the big draw is, single serve Pringles, some peanuts, lousy beer, couple sodas and some minis (Dewar's and Absolut  mainly).  But it's there, and available for anyone who wants to pay for the individual items or upgrade to PP.   

Hope it's everything you want it to be!

I never said aurea was equivalent to YC nut ths room we got which is more expensive than a regular sweet is equivalent to a royal suite and that is the point I wanted to make regardless you are not correct because in any of the suite rooms or whatever you get you can upgrade your mini  beverage package and have mini bar

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Yes, but Aurea isn't equivalent to Haven .for that you'd need to book in Yacht Club.

Aurea is same as "rest of ship" on either MSC or NCL.  It's got some extra perks, by the mini-bar isn't one of them, just like it's not in non-Haven (or Haven, from my understanding) cabins...

I never said Haven was equivalent to all area or Yacht Club for that matter for when you have a two-bedroom Suite like the one I have separated which is not your normal area then it should come with Yacht Club

Just now, martica010 said:

I never said aurea was equivalent to YC nut ths room we got which is more expensive than a regular sweet is equivalent to a royal suite and that is the point I wanted to make regardless you are not correct because in any of the suite rooms or whatever you get you can upgrade your mini  beverage package and have mini bar

I never said Haven was equivalent to all area or Yacht Club for that matter for when you have a two-bedroom Suite like the one I have separated which is not your normal area then it should come with Yacht Club

Suite not sweet lol... 

2 minutes ago, martica010 said:

And by the way and this I can talk about because I've experienced it many times are Norwegian Haven it's the top-of-the-line Suites at top of the line service top-of-the-line everything no comparison

What about top of the line pricing? I've read a ton of reviews that contradict your point.

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

What about top of the line pricing? I've read a ton of reviews that contradict your point.

Norwegian Haven is much more expensive and that is why I am trying and I see they did not have what I wanted I ended up with the room I want it but not the service I wanted because it doesn't come with it but on our region two-bedroom Taven room like what I'm having over here at annecy without the service it's close to 15,000

5 hours ago, martica010 said:

Actually, you were directly comparing your Sure duplex suite to Haven. That's what I was responding to..  sure isn't equivalent to Haven, it doesn't include anywhere near the perks or privacy, etc. It doesn't include the mini-bar, although I'm fairly certain neither does your Haven suites (please do correct me if I'm wrong).

If you wanted similar/ equivalent to Haven, you would need to book Yacht Club.  You booked Aurea, which has its own set of perks.  None of which are the mini-bar.  

As you've upgraded your drink package to Premium Plus ( I hope as you keep mentioning Premium, which does not include the mini-bar, but there you go). You seem to have what you wanted the most -- the mini-bar! I sincerely hope it's everything you've built it up to be in your expectations. 

Below is quite from your earlier post, comparing your Aurea suite to Haven, for reference:

"I find Petty because I'm in a duplex which is a two bedroom suite! I am a Norwegian Haven frequent Traveler so I find it a little strange how MSC sorts out its cabins..."

15 hours ago, martica010 said:

Norwegian Haven is much more expensive and that is why I am trying and I see they did not have what I wanted I ended up with the room I want it but not the service I wanted because it doesn't come with it but on our region two-bedroom Taven room like what I'm having over here at annecy without the service it's close to 15,000

We've consistently stayed in the best suites on NCL over last 8 years, except for any ship with a GV, and our experience other than a larger room, the service is not very good on NCL.  MSC service has been much better although yes, the offerings for a family of four like a two bedroom don't exist on MSC.

11 hours ago, reedprincess said:

"I find Petty because I'm in a duplex which is a two bedroom suite! I am a Norwegian Haven frequent Traveler so I find it a little strange how MSC sorts out its cabins..."

I understand why this can sound strange to someone who has experienced the Haven. On Norwegian, your Haven suite can be in a different part of the ship, and not inside the Haven area, but still enjoys all the Haven benefits. We currently have a Haven suite on the Encore (a forward penthouse suite) which is not in the Haven. On MSC, most, it not all Yacht Club suites are in the Yacht Club area. Others, like the Duplex Suite reference on this thread, are not in the Yacht Club and thus considered Aurea with a more limited list of perks. So I get why it may sound a bit strange for someone who is new to MSC. 

That was one of my comments when we sailed on MSC. The Aurea Duplex Suite is pretty opulent, and in my opinion would qualify better as a Yacht Club accommodation, but it was priced lower accordingly. We paid for it as much as an entry level and considerably smaller Yacht Club stateroom. Had the Duplex Suite been a Yacht Club suite it probably would’ve been considerably more expensive. But we chose it for the space, rather than for the perks which we didn’t care that much for. MSC’s set up and pricing worked better for us. 

We cruised on the Norwegian Bliss in October. H6 Aft Penthouse. Booked this stateroom due to the large balcony and the cruise due to the fact that it left from the west coast. Price was about three grand more than what we’re paying for the YC suite and about $1000.00 less than Celebrity. We found the service from our butler on NCL lacking. She went through the motions but we have had much better service on Celebrity which is still our favorite line. The Bliss was beautiful but as expected felt very crowded outside of the Haven. The standard pool area was a joke. Cramped and packed. We won’t do NCL again unless they bring their prices of the Haven down. Better options out there. We used to cruise RCI over and over but I don’t like their non refundable suite deposit policy. They lost us. We’re looking forward to trying MSC in Europe in the spring. 

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

I understand why this can sound strange to someone who has experienced the Haven. On Norwegian, your Haven suite can be in a different part of the ship, and not inside the Haven area, but still enjoys all the Haven benefits. We currently have a Haven suite on the Encore (a forward penthouse suite) which is not in the Haven. On MSC, most, it not all Yacht Club suites are in the Yacht Club area. Others, like the Duplex Suite reference on this thread, are not in the Yacht Club and thus considered Aurea with a more limited list of perks. So I get why it may sound a bit strange for someone who is new to MSC. 

That was one of my comments when we sailed on MSC. The Aurea Duplex Suite is pretty opulent, and in my opinion would qualify better as a Yacht Club accommodation, but it was priced lower accordingly. We paid for it as much as an entry level and considerably smaller Yacht Club stateroom. Had the Duplex Suite been a Yacht Club suite it probably would’ve been considerably more expensive. But we chose it for the space, rather than for the perks which we didn’t care that much for. MSC’s set up and pricing worked better for us. 

We too like the look of the duplex suite on MSC. Reminds me of the loft suites on RCI which we loved. I do think that they should be part of the YC. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

We too like the look of the duplex suite on MSC. Reminds me of the loft suites on RCI which we loved.

Here are some photos of our Aurea Duplex Suite on the Meraviglia. Truly fantastic accommodations. 

95976A4A-7E46-4574-AF16-B58DE664C75D.jpeg

F0935F07-A7CE-4897-9484-DC2389013411.jpeg

B69F02CB-7114-42F0-BDFD-955016640F40.jpeg

101790CD-9ACE-4C04-BDD6-46795824EEF9.jpeg

CA0A146F-C5DA-4FC4-9211-7E9BD6B25318.jpeg

F5CBE99A-A828-4E2E-842E-6064243D11EC.jpeg

On 12/10/2019 at 8:41 AM, Tapi said:

You understood me perfectly! We will see how it goes with MSC fingers crossed!

• Like 1