Tips/tricks/secrets. Anthem of the seas

Going on the Anthem of the Seas- October 4 2018

First time on the Anthem and the Oasis class of ship on Royal, although we are Diamond members.

Can you share your best tips, tricks and/or secrets?

Want to make the most of our time on board!

Also any thoughts to private tours for the Canadian/New England itenerery

Thanks for all of your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The swing is in the Solarium and its a great place to watch sail away. If you want to go outside you can on the "wings" over the bridge.

Embarkation lunch in café 270 is a more relaxing way to start your cruise than Windjammer. Or even better if you wan to spend some money Lunch in Jamie's is excellent.

Breakfast in the Solarium bistro is fantastic and never seemed crowded at all.

If you want to do Ifly book it early like your first sea day so if weather does not cooperate you have time to rebook. If you want someone in your party to take pictures book 2 different times about 1.5 or 2 hours apart.

Best time to do bumper cars is embarkation day.

If you are going to the shows in 270 go early and sit on the bottom close to the stage. If your in the back of 270 people will walk in front of you thru the whole show.

• Like 1

The swing is in the Solarium and its a great place to watch sail away. If you want to go outside you can on the "wings" over the bridge.

Embarkation lunch in café 270 is a more relaxing way to start your cruise than Windjammer. Or even better if you wan to spend some money Lunch in Jamie's is excellent.

Breakfast in the Solarium bistro is fantastic and never seemed crowded at all.

If you want to do Ifly book it early like your first sea day so if weather does not cooperate you have time to rebook. If you want someone in your party to take pictures book 2 different times about 1.5 or 2 hours apart.

Best time to do bumper cars is embarkation day.

If you are going to the shows in 270 go early and sit on the bottom close to the stage. If your in the back of 270 people will walk in front of you thru the whole show.

Thanks!! I'm going in January, these are all great tips.

• Like 1

I loved to get a cup of coffee in the morning and enjoy it in Café 270, right by the wall of windows. There are large comfortable chairs there, and no crowds at breakfast time. Watching the water and the wake of the ship was so peaceful. (OH! Decent breakfast choices in 270 as well...)

I loved to get a cup of coffee in the morning and enjoy it in Café 270, right by the wall of windows. There are large comfortable chairs there, and no crowds at breakfast time. Watching the water and the wake of the ship was so peaceful. (OH! Decent breakfast choices in 270 as well...)

Sounds heavenly. Some other ships we've been on there have been recliner type chairs that's face out the windows. Any of this type on board on Anthem?

Just off the Anthem in August...

Go to the Seaplex every day if you have any interest in activities like trapeze classes; they aren't listed on the Compass (or the app that I never got the hang of)

I don't know about lunch, but dinner at Jamie's Italian is worth every cent. Every cent.

Don't try to understand The Gift, you won't, but I really liked the production company, just go with the flow and enjoy the music.

It's been nine years since I cruised New England/Canada itinerary, and I have no private tour info, but Halifax is very accessible by a Hop On Hop Off type bus. And I do not like those kinds of buses normally. Of course, if they still have it. ;-)

We bought the drink package for our April cruise. Can anyone tell me if there are any coffee drinks that are not included in the package on Anthem? Thanks!

All specialty coffees included on Anthem, even those that may use Starbucks beans.

Don't try to understand The Gift, you won't, but I really liked the production company, just go with the flow and enjoy the music.

During the first 3 to 5 minutes of the Gift the head ghost narrator fully explains the storyline of the show. All one has to do is simply 'pay attention'..

;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds heavenly. Some other ships we've been on there have been recliner type chairs that's face out the windows. Any of this type on board on Anthem?

I don't remember seeing any recliner type chairs in 270 when we were on The Anthem. It is still very relaxing to spend some time there though and the view is just amazing.

Looking forward to watching sail away from the bridge wing! Hope to get some great photos as we pass through lower Manhattan.

Sorry to disappoint but you might be thinking of Norwegian. Anthem docks in Bayonne and sails out from there under Verazzano bridge.

dp

If you enjoy puzzle solving, there is a puzzle room on board Anthem. It's free but, the tickets sell out very quickly. You will have to book it on embarkation day. Last I heard they were doing tickets for this near the art gallery on board. They have also sold tickets at the theater.

Jonathan

Sorry to disappoint but you might be thinking of Norwegian. Anthem docks in Bayonne and sails out from there under Verazzano bridge.

dp

Good catch... oh well! We can probably get some great views as we approach Bermuda! Either way, looking forward to our trip!

I don't remember seeing any recliner type chairs in 270 when we were on The Anthem. It is still very relaxing to spend some time there though and the view is just amazing.

Thank you. Any other good spots on board to sit and gaze out in a super comfy chair with a book?

Good catch... oh well! We can probably get some great views as we approach Bermuda! Either way, looking forward to our trip!

The pass under Verrazano is nice. And you might get lucky, there are a few instances when the Captain took Anthem for a "Joyride" and passed closer to the Statue of Liberty for a drive by before heading out, but only happened a few times that I know of.

I'm sure you'll have a great cruise regardless.

dp

Hi Pjgavaghan :)

Many good tips/advice so far. I certainly agree with everything said in regards to Café Two70 and the entire Two70 venue as well. The Two70 venue is an amazing section of the ship.

During the day the Two70 is the ships living room. In the evening the Two70 transforms into something special.

Many unique cocktails can be found at Boleros and at the Two70 bar.

Vintages bar is a great spot for a quiet drink. The space is rarely crowded at all.

Also, Vintages offers snacks from Jamie's Italian restaurant, for a low fee.

Check out deck 13 aft, then walk up to deck 14, look around for a glass floor where you can look down 10 decks to the Royal Esplanade.

Avoid the Royal Esplanade during sales.

The videos that were listed by a member in post #17 in your thread are terrific. I've watched them in the past & are extremely well done. I'll also drop them below for you as well.

Anthem Of The Seas Solarium Tour:

Anthem Tour:

If you need to cancel a Northstar or RipCord by iFly reservation, do it 12-hours prior to your reservation to avoid a $25 no show fee.

The forward elevators are far more efficient than the mid/aft elevators.

On Anthem you can sign waivers on your interactive tv in your stateroom.

I see you are sailing on a 9-night voyage. On longer sailings such as a 9-night or 12-night it is typical (on Anthem) during night 2 or 3, for the remainder of the daily gratituties to be posted to your folio account all at once. If this is done you'll receive a notice prior to the remainder of the gratituties being posted to your account.

Fabulous smoothies are available at the Sunshine Bar in the Solarium.

There is a bar in the Windjammer buffet.

On Anthem, the menu at Johnny Rockets is à la carte.

If this applies to you:

After disembarking, after you retrieve your luggage, use porter service, you'll be through the customs line extremely quick, avoiding the other tremendous long lines.

Have a wonderful sailing!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan