Royal/Wireless Bluetooth Headphones TV- Work?

Seacreature101

Odd question here. DH enjoys tv more than I do so we have taken headphones in the past. Great anytime but especially for a mini-suite with the two tv's or if I just want to read in quiet. They did not work on Caribbean Princess on last sailing. I am soon hoping to purchase a new set that comes with wireless bluetooth capability. Do any of you savvy people know if this type headphone will work on the tv's on Royal Princess? I am looking at Avantree HT4189. Help. Please. :eek:

I'm guessing that they wouldn't work since there's no audio output on the back of the TV to jack into unless they've changed the system since the introduction on the faster internet.

There is a connector thing that is sold separately for about ten bucks. It says it will convert digital to analog. Am I on the right track? Sure appreciate your thoughts.

There is a connector thing that is sold separately for about ten bucks. It says it will convert digital to analog. Am I on the right track? Sure appreciate your thoughts.

Older TVs may have a 'headphone' jack. Newer TVs may have digital audio output (sometimes called TOS or TOSLINK)

There are devices which convert TOSLINK to a headphone jack.

https://www.amazon.com/Amanka-Digital-Converter-Optical-Headphone/dp/B0732QNCDH/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1535805648&sr=1-4&keywords=toslink+to+headphone+jack

You can also get TOSLINK to bluetooth, so you can pair headphones, or a remote speaker.

This is a picture from Royal.

It's possible that the second connection down (with the rubber cover) is TOSLINK, but I never paid

attention.

38601642282_8341a63dc4_b.jpg

(The arrow is from a previous post, marking the HDMI used by the ship.)

Also, depending on your cabin, it may be impossible to reach those inputs.

In some of the sideways inside cabins, the TV is in the corner, pushed against

the side wall...

Edited by pablo222

Thanks much! I have ordered from Avantree Model 4189 set which comes with cables and box. We shall see what happens.

I really appreciate your input and wish I knew half as much. ;)

This is an example of what to look for:

0f6b26375e2d2e478470aad33126101b.jpg

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

If someone could verify if the TV's on the Sky have an accessible headphone jack then a basic bluetooth Transmitter can be purchased and plugged in to work your headphones via bluetooth.  Have used one here at home.  Pair you headphones before you leave then just instal and enjoy.  USB rechargeable.

9 hours ago, Mr_Plow said:

The new LG TV's on the Golden Princess allowed Bluetooth connections directly.

I was able to connect both headphones and a portable speaker to the TV without any wires or adapters.

That's great news.   Thanks for posting.

12 hours ago, notentirelynormal said:

Does anyone know if the TVs on the Pacific Princess have the input connections for a DVD player?

As far as I have read, the Pacific Princess hasn't switched over to the on demand TV system yet so there's a good possibility their still have the older TV's which have the easily accessible HDMI inputs. 

We've never had any problems using the aux HDMI inputs with the old system.