Any way to get beer/wine drink package for a moderate drinker?

wbinaz

What about different plans: 10 drink (alcoholic) max, 15 dink max? Same unlimited for the coffee, water, etc.. Maybe 50ish per day and the current 70 per day?

Might encourage those (like me) who think 70 a day is way too much and probably wouldn't get my money worth out of it.

The package is priced to benefit Princess, not the passenger. Most people will not drink the 15 max alcohol drinks and will likely, along with over beverages, not drink the equivalent of the cost per day for the package. Thus, on the average, Princess makes money from passengers who do not use the package to the fullest.

Princess will not offer a lower cost package with a lower alcohol drink limit because they will not make enough $$ that way as more people would probably hit the new limit.

Originally the drink package had no limit on drinks with alcohol. The 15 drink limit was put in place to help prevent sharing of drinks with people who did not have a package.

Lots of "moderate" drinkers enjoy the current PBP. They break even getting one cocktail, a few glasses of wine, coffee drinks, and bottled water. And maybe they pay a little for the convenience and flexibility of the package. There are other options, carry on wine and pay the corkage, booking offers that give OBC, etc.

Actually, the answer is yes, it just costs more and covers more than what the OP wants for alcohol, can't tell if he wants water, soda, coffee, juices, virgin drinks, etc, that are also included

I was assuming he meant something other than the SNS pkg since he specifically asked for a “beer/wine drink pkg”

This query to all readers and any Princess cruises reps who might read: Is there any way I can buy a drink package that would cover approximately this: One to three beers per day, plus one or two glasses of wine, with sometimes a change to three glasses of wine only or 2-3 beers only? The all you can drink package I saw and the "beer buckets" strike me as either being overpriced for our situation or of no savings. Thanks for responding.

My approach is to get happy hour beers, with the second for $1. I buy the 16-oz Grolsch with resealable top, so I simply keep one in my fridge and carry the other around in my shoulder bag and nurse it when and where I feel like it. I also try to find a microbrewery in port and sample local beers--all the Alaskan ports have one, and in Mexico I just get cheap Coronas and use their restroom and wifi and a/c. Then if you want some wine, just buy a bottle per person before boarding and carry it on (I picked up a $3 Trader Joe's bottle last night, with convenient twist-off cap, for a coastal cruise tomorrow).