Need Transportation Advice..... Cruising from Boston

Nansea7

We are sailing out of Boston on the Serenade of the Seas and I need advice about transportation from the airport to the ship. Then, after the cruise, we will be staying in Boston and I have two questions.....First is: Is there any place to store luggage near the cruise port for half a day until we can check into our hotel ? Next is: If not, what's the best transportation from the cruise port to our hotel (maybe they'll store the luggage there until we check in....)?

Thank you for any advice you can provide !

In all our travels, I can't remember a single hotel that ever said no to dropping off luggage before check-in on our morning of arrival.

In fact, if it's a city new to us, we'll often book a private tour that picks us up from the airport or cruise terminal and drops our luggage off at the hotel (if covered/locked storage in the vehicle is not possible/appropriate).

We are sailing out of Boston on the Serenade of the Seas and I need advice about transportation from the airport to the ship. Then, after the cruise, we will be staying in Boston and I have two questions.....First is: Is there any place to store luggage near the cruise port for half a day until we can check into our hotel ? Next is: If not, what's the best transportation from the cruise port to our hotel (maybe they'll store the luggage there until we check in....)?

Thank you for any advice you can provide !

Cab, Uber, or Silver Line bus (free - requires bus transfer at World Trade Center indoor station) to go from Logan to the Cruiseport.

What hotel are you staying in?

we are staying at the Westin Copley Place

That is a GREAT hotel. Enjoy it. I grew up in Boston & worked downtown for a lot of years. My first job in Boston was at Shawmut Bank at Copley Place .... upstairs from all those expensive stores!

p.s. Shawmut bank has been kaput for years now. I even think the bank that bought Shawmut is out of business also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fairmont_Copley_Plaza_Hotel

The Copley Plaza Hotel is STILL open & operating! It first opened in 1912! It is directly across the street from Westin. It is a Grand 'ol Dame. Maybe you can go have a drink or a bite to eat ... soak up the history.

We plan on using the water taxi. Here is how it works from the airport.

Hop on a free #66 Shuttle Bus outside your terminal and take it to Boston Logan Dock. Once you arrive at the dock, the Dispatcher will call on your behalf.

Typically, a water taxi will arrive at the dock within 5-10 minutes. But if you want faster service, you can call the company you want to use as soon as you get on the shuttle.

We plan on using the water taxi. Here is how it works from the airport.

Hop on a free #66 Shuttle Bus outside your terminal and take it to Boston Logan Dock. Once you arrive at the dock, the Dispatcher will call on your behalf.

Typically, a water taxi will arrive at the dock within 5-10 minutes. But if you want faster service, you can call the company you want to use as soon as you get on the shuttle.

That's an expensive trip for 2 people and probably not one you want to do in poor weather. Water taxi fares from Logan are about $20. You have to ride a shuttle bus, wait for a water taxi, and walk about two blocks at Black Falcon - http://www.roweswharfwatertransport.com/directions---cruise-ship-to-water-taxi

A cab or Uber should be about $25. And of course the Silver Line is free with a transfer at the Indoor World Trade Station.