Rice Cookers -- Not Allowed

charlielinda

Personally, I would love to spend embarkation day in the naughty room seeing what is abound in terms of items being smuggled (or not) aboard the ship, as it were.. I know that I would be amazed, to say least and speechless... LOL

Expressions on passenger faces would be priceless, too...

bon voyage

Agree--reminds me of the guy that brought the shaving cream container on board that didn't contain shaving cream.

I think the X-ray machines need adjustments. We had to go one time to the Naughty room. They spotted a jar of olives. What a waste of time.

I think round clustered objects are a problem. I've been stopped by TSA for a big bag of cocoa puffs cereal, bag of almonds, and a bag of macadamia nuts on different occasions. My "snacks" are a running family joke but I refuse to pay the marked up terminal prices!

Well, Bo...having been invited the "naughty room" I can tell you that there's one table that is loaded with irons of one kind or another and one with knives....I didn't see any rice cookers but we're going on a Thanksgiving cruise and I'm guessing DH should leave the turkey fryer at home....I know better than to use it in my room...but I thought it would be ok on the balcony.

Thanks to OP for the laugh of the day!!!!

Edited by Hydrokitty
duplicate post please delete

Personally, I would love to spend embarkation day in the naughty room seeing what is abound in terms of items being smuggled (or not) aboard the ship, as it were.. I know that I would be amazed, to say least and speechless... LOL

bon voyage

Well, Bo...having been invited the "naughty room" I can tell you that there's one table that is loaded with irons of one kind or another and one with knives....I didn't see any rice cookers but we're going on a Thanksgiving cruise and I'm guessing DH should leave the turkey fryer at home....I know better than to use it in my room...but I thought it would be ok on the balcony.

Thanks to OP for the laugh of the day!!!!

bon voyage

Be careful what you ask for..:);):rolleyes::(

bon voyage

Be careful what you ask for..:);):rolleyes::(

Bo, I think it can be arranged......just put a rice cooker, or a weed wacker or a 2ft sword in your luggage and then hang out in the ‘naughty room’ and watch others. Sound fun???

Den

On our last Alaska cruise, we arrived on ship to our luggage waiting for us. There was a message on the phone to come down to deck 2 about something in my bag. Since the luggage was already delivered, I couldn't imagine what they were talking about.

Then I opened it and remembered the bottle of wine I had double wrapped in bubble wrap and placed it in a large plastic bag. Schlepped it downstairs and showed it to them so they could check it off the list.

Bo, I think it can be arranged......just put a rice cooker, or a weed wacker or a 2ft sword in your luggage and then hang out in the ‘naughty room’ and watch others. Sound fun???

Den

LOL d and h - I was thinking more in line of just hanging out to see the finds once the bags are scanned and the passengers come down to figure out the reason for the call...

Many of them know, I Am sure and thought they could possibly get away with it all... what a disaster any of these could have been..

I think if I had a bottle of wine or two, I could be there through dinner for sure...

Then as soon as I got home, the pamphlet would be written with photos included..... :')

bon voyage

I really, really, really would LOVE to be in the naughty room when we go on The Edge next year!

I cannot even begin to imagine what oddities and prohibited items people will try to bring aboard that ship....

Maybe I can submit a special request to Guest Services for the opportunity to do so? Tell them that I Am doing research for a book on banned items brought aboard cruise ships....

bon voyage

Found a new way for Celebrity to increase revenue...offer tours of the naughty room much the same way as they offer bridge and galley tours. Kinda like Ripley’s Believe it or not.

Love this and Bo’s response - I’d pay!

This thread is becoming a fun one, kind of replacing the Panama C....anal thread!

Den

Found a new way for Celebrity to increase revenue...offer tours of the naughty room much the same way as they offer bridge and galley tours. Kinda like Ripley’s Believe it or not.

I have never laughed so hard at a thread! Love your idea. ..lol!

Love this and Bo’s response - I’d pay!

This thread is becoming a fun one, kind of replacing the Panama C....anal thread!

Den

YES!

I would pay as well... Priceless experience, for sure...

bon voayge

Not kidding ... husband wore fit bit in hot tub and got it wet. Someone suggested he ask the steward for some rice to put the fit bit to dry out. Can you imagine what would have happened ... I’m sure it’s noted somewhere we brought a rice cooker aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not kidding ... husband wore fit bit in hot tub and got it wet. Someone suggested he ask the steward for some rice to put the fit bit to dry out. Can you imagine what would have happened ... I’m sure it’s noted somewhere we brought a rice cooker aboard.

:D I somebody knew both things, you will get some "prank" item in your room.:evilsmile:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fitbit just came out with a waterproof Fitbit for swimming......and for guys such as me and your husband!

Den

Last Dec as we were getting off Harmony at the port in FLL, they had the table set up so people could pick up the stuff that was taken before the cruise. My husband, sister, BIL, and myself, along with a ton of other people just about died laughing when we saw a Rice Cooker on the table. Who would even Consider trying to bring a rice cooker? It was absolutely hilarious. Made a fun end to a fantastic cruise. We still talk about it!!!:'):'):')

I just have a visual image of all the cooking appliances, knives, and good stuffs held hostage in the "Naughty Room" being used in a Great Race and Cooking Contest. All the owners should be challenged to a cook-off using what was confiscated. Maybe it's just my crazy sense of humor but I can see the comedy potential. Pick up the items and food stuffs, run down the gangway to the pier and get to cooking.

Ramona

I just have a visual image of all the cooking appliances, knives, and good stuffs held hostage in the "Naughty Room" being used in a Great Race and Cooking Contest. All the owners should be challenged to a cook-off using what was confiscated. Maybe it's just my crazy sense of humor but I can see the comedy potential. Pick up the items and food stuffs, run down the gangway to the pier and get to cooking.

Ramona

Could be something new and different to replace the egg dropping contest and the paper airplane contest....I see potential here.