Change of itinerary

mduffy1834

Just got an email saying that my 2/7/19 Majesty cruise is changing to Cuba and Costa Maya instead of Cozumel. My options are to rebook, cancel, or keep this cruise at my booked rate .Does that mean I can keep my room and not have to pay anything more? I'm intrigued with going to Cuba but only if I can keep the same room/rate . I know I won't sleep tonight

Just got an email saying that my 2/7/19 Majesty cruise is changing to Cuba and Costa Maya instead of Cozumel. My options are to rebook, cancel, or keep this cruise at my booked rate .Does that mean I can keep my room and not have to pay anything more? I'm intrigued with going to Cuba but only if I can keep the same room/rate . I know I won't sleep tonight

Yes, if you opt to stay, you keep the same stateroom at the same rate.

Lucky you, I would love a surprise stop in Cuba. Usually port charges are higher for Cuba cruises so you might even be getting a little bit of a deal with this change.

I forgot about the fees for Cuba. There's that $75 visa fee too.

It's not technically included in the cruise fare. You will get a $75 per person charge on your on-board account.

Appreciate the update.

Is this charge added even if you don't get off the ship in Cuba?

Appreciate the update.

Is this charge added even if you don't get off the ship in Cuba?

You've probably seen my posts that our group of 13 will be on the Majesty to Cuba on October 24-29th. RCI says that our on board accounts will be charged $75pp for the Visa to get off in Cuba. However, one of our group does not wish to get off in Cuba and I have no idea whether or not she will be forced to pay it anyway.:rolleyes: So, would like to know if anybody knows the answer to this. Otherwise, guess we will wait and see!;)

If you do not get off the ship in Cuba visas are not required and the $75.00 charge does not apply.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Are you sure when I went to Cuba on Empress everyone had to have their Visa application filled out to board the ship.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Forums mobile app

Are you sure when I went to Cuba on Empress everyone had to have their Visa application filled out to board the ship.

Are you sure? Seems like we had to turn in the paperwork as to why we were going to Cuba but filled out the Visa after we got on the ship. I think they gave us the blank Visa form when boarding.

Are you sure? Seems like we had to turn in the paperwork as to why we were going to Cuba but filled out the Visa after we got on the ship. I think they gave us the blank Visa form when boarding.
Yes, however it was a while ago and things might have changed.

We’re going in November and that’s what I’m expecting - licence paperwork in advance and visa on the ship. I’m not sure how you would even get the visa form in advance. I find there is a lot of conflation in people’s minds between the licence and the visa

I just came back from Cuba in June. The Visa's are given to you at the port when you check in and you complete them on the ship. If you don't want to get off the ship, let them know at the port during check in and they won't give you the blank visa and you won't be charged. A few people on our cruise did this. Of course I would go to guest services and make sure there is no charge for it.

Madelyn

• 2 months later...

We were just notified yesterday, Nov. 8, that our itinerary for the Majesty of the Seas, sailing Feb 12, had changed.  Of course, we just made our last payment so the cruise line says, too bad, not our fault.  Upset about going to Costa Maya, which is a big waste, instead of Key West.  Understand that the Cuban government will not allow overnight but still disappointed.  Enjoyed our 2 days in Havana last year.  Is there anything we can do to cancel and get our money back?