Falmouth

87turboii

I would ask a taxi driver where the nearest stores are that carry these items, then negotiate a price to and from. Make sure the driver understands you want him to wait while you shop, and you will pay him upon return to port.

We were on the Oasis last year and attempted a tour of Falmouth on our own. Would not recommend this! It turned out fine after we hired a local to walk with us and take us to a good jerk restaurant, but would not recommend unless you are very familiar with Jamaica.

I've just checked the map they gave us of the tourist area of the port and there aren't any shops that look like they would sell what you want unfortunately.

Beyond the guarded fence I'm sure you will find what you want in Falmouth town. Some people on this forum venture out independently of the port compound (for want of a better word), we didn't but from what we saw on the way to our excursion in my opinion the taxi suggestion above is a good idea.

Go out the main entrance of the cruise port. You'll be on a palm-tree lined street with the tour buses on your left just before you get to the gate - it's Falmouth street. Go two blocks directly away from the cruise port gate on Falmouth street and turn right on Harbour Lane. That'll wind around a little bit for about 3 blocks. When you get to Market Street you will see Little Moments Babies and Kids which has kid clothes.

Turning right on Market street, R&R Pharmacy is the next street up from Harbour - Seaboard Street. They should have wipes. If they don't, go back to the cruise port entrance (see below), go back down Falmouth Street, and turn *left* on Harbour Lane. Halfway down the block is G's Pharmacy.

If you go right on Seaboard from R&R pharmacy, it'll take you back to the cruise port.

I was hoping to find a store within walking distance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just walk straight out from the main gate into town several blocks to Market St. and there are several supermarkets to the right on that street.

Use Google map or another similar site to get a town map that shows market and pharmacy locations.

Try asking a crew member that is familiar with the Falmouth port. On my last trip to Falmouth, a crewmember contacted his cousin who took us around all day for a very minimal price. There are many crew on the ship so someone would be able to assist you.

I was hoping to find a store within walking distance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Falmouth is not somewhere you want to wander around town on your own!!

Check inside the port shopping area and if this doesn’t work out get a cab!!

The last time we were in Falmouth we meet a local female by the gates who acted as our tour guide. By having a local with you all the beggers ect. stayed away or she told

them to leave us alone. Had a great walking tour of the area. Again be careful the area

is changing and may not be as safe as it once was.

Go out the main entrance of the cruise port. You'll be on a palm-tree lined street with the tour buses on your left just before you get to the gate - it's Falmouth street. Go two blocks directly away from the cruise port gate on Falmouth street and turn right on Harbour Lane. That'll wind around a little bit for about 3 blocks. When you get to Market Street you will see Little Moments Babies and Kids which has kid clothes.

Turning right on Market street, R&R Pharmacy is the next street up from Harbour - Seaboard Street. They should have wipes. If they don't, go back to the cruise port entrance (see below), go back down Falmouth Street, and turn *left* on Harbour Lane. Halfway down the block is G's Pharmacy.

If you go right on Seaboard from R&R pharmacy, it'll take you back to the cruise port.

You are awesome! So helpful! :)

Falmouth is not somewhere you want to wander around town on your own!!

Check inside the port shopping area and if this doesn’t work out get a cab!!

Horse Hockey. (quoting Colonel Potter) :(