Filler up?

Notonboard

The task is what it is.

The hard part may be withstanding the stares of those in line behind you at the beverage station for the duration it takes for 64 fl oz of water to flow. Assuming you would be doing this during peak breakfast time.

No problem at all to fill them with water' date=' coffee, tea, etc. The only request is that you use a clean cup/glass at the beverage station and pour from that glass to your container to avoid any potential contamination of the clean dispensers.[/quote']

I do believe that transfer-with-a-glass rule is only specific to the ice dispenser. Though a good habit to consistently maintain nonetheless.

I do believe that transfer-with-a-glass rule is only specific to the ice dispenser. Though a good habit to consistently maintain nonetheless.

That may be on Princess; I've never seen a sign that said "When getting ice."

On other lines, there is a notice that makes it clear that it applies to all dispensers, so I assumed the rules were similar on Princess.

That may be on Princess; I've never seen a sign that said "When getting ice."

On other lines' date=' there is a notice that makes it clear that it applies to all dispensers, so I assumed the rules were similar on Princess.[/quote']

I would think the spigot-type dispensers for coffee, hot water and iced tea on Princess ships would be much less susceptible to cross-contamination of drinkware than the fast-food-soda type I remember from RCI and NCL. The note about using a glass to transfer is (to the best of my recollection) usually taped directly to the ice machine on Princess ships, where since your glass is placed directly against the openings for ice and ice water a clean glass should definitely be used each time.

I would think the spigot-type dispensers for coffee, hot water and iced tea on Princess ships would be much less susceptible to cross-contamination of drinkware than the fast-food-soda type I remember from RCI and NCL. The note about using a glass to transfer is (to the best of my recollection) usually taped directly to the ice machine on Princess ships, where since your glass is placed directly against the openings for ice and ice water a clean glass should definitely be used each time.

I've seen people place their container directly up on the spigot to fill it. So that the beverage filling the container overflows the spigot. I also vote for "fill a clean, separate container to fill up your private container".

Princess makes a special request not to directly use your own container when getting water in the buffet area.