Royal Princess: The Frequency during the Evening of the Main Show for the Evening

rkacruiser

From what I have seen in my researching of the daily programs for Royal Princess, each evening, there seems to be 3 opportunities to be in the audience for the featured show that night.

Is what I have found accurate?

I am thinking finding a seat for the third show of the evening would be easier than either of the previous two performances. Is that correct thinking?

Any information about the evening's entertainment options on Royal Princess that one would wish to post are most appreciated. Thank you very much.

From what I have seen in my researching of the daily programs for Royal Princess, each evening, there seems to be 3 opportunities to be in the audience for the featured show that night.

Is what I have found accurate?

I am thinking finding a seat for the third show of the evening would be easier than either of the previous two performances. Is that correct thinking?

Any information about the evening's entertainment options on Royal Princess that one would wish to post are most appreciated. Thank you very much.

The Royal Princess has a main theater and a Vista show lounge. On most evenings there are two shows in the main theater, usually the first show starts around 8:00/8:30 with the second starting around 10:00/10:15. The 8 o'clock hour shows are the most crowded. For production shows you have to arrive at least 30 mins. early. For the Secret Silk show around 45 mins. early. The show Encore (it might be Bravo, similar to Encore, I get mixed up what show is on what ship) is also very crowded. The 10pm shows are not as crowded as the 8pm shows. Sometimes the early time is 7:00 with the late show being around 8:30. In this situation it is the early show that is less crowded.

There are also shows in the Vista Lounge. These are normally comics and singers. Times might be something like 9:00/9:15 and 10:30.

I don't ever remember seeing three shows in the same venue on the same night.

I haven’t been on the Royal, but I have been on sister ship Regal and other Princess ships where the main production shows were shown 3 times in one evening. I’ve never been to the earliest showing, but I’d say the “middle” show is the most popular and the late show may not be quite as crowded.

Surely, I do appreciate these responses. The frequency of the shows in the Main Theater may well depend upon the cruise. I thank those who have responded very much.

Others experiences are most welcome!

In August were two shows 8 pm and 10 pm. For the most popular ones like Encore get there at least 30-40 minutes early for good seat.

Generally 10 pm does not fill up

Interesting............ I have only been on 7 Princess cruises, but around 20 altogether and I have never seen a theatre show shown more than twice a night. Didn't even know that three times a night existed! That must be a long night for the cast and crew!

Pooh

The information about 3 shows/night came from a web site that had daily programs for a Caribbean cruise, but I am not sure of the date of the cruise. Maybe the situation has changed since this person uploaded his data.

Interesting............ I have only been on 7 Princess cruises, but around 20 altogether and I have never seen a theatre show shown more than twice a night. Didn't even know that three times a night existed! That must be a long night for the cast and crew!

Pooh

beleive we saw this on a Regal TA about two years ago

Some history:

Originally Princess had two performances an evening in the Princess theater about an hour long. Often all the people that wanted to see a show could not fit into the theater if there were just two shows.

Then Princess started adding a third performance on the following evening. Thus there were three hour long performances (180 minutes) over two nights instead of two performances (120 minutes) on just one night.

Next step was to reduce the length of the performances to about 40 minutes and present them three times in one evening. The performers were on stage 120 minutes, no longer than they had been when there were two 60-minute performances in one evening.

And the next step (what we have today) was to keep the reduced performance length of 40 minutes, and just have two performances on one evening. Of course, this does not solve the problem of allowing all those who want to see a show to fit into the theater.

The only time I ever saw three performances scheduled in one evening of an hour long show was the "On The Bayou" show in the Universe Lounge on the Island Princess.

Some shows, like The Secret Silk on the Royal, are 55 mins. long and take a lot of set up time. Thus two/night. Magic to Do, which is on some Grand Class ships, not on the Royal, also is long with a long set up. I have not seen it but believe Born to Dance is also long compared to the short review shows. These are the Steven Swartz produced shows.

I think Princess is moving away from just the short review shows, and mixing things up.

On the Caribbean Princess this past January shows were simulcast live in Explorer's Lounge.

Singers, musicians, comics have shows that are scheduled for around 45 mins., but I have seen them run over, especially comics.