Smoking

OneHotMomma

This, and almost all other factors of a cruise, can be found in your cruise contract. Nice reading on your cruise line's web site. I suggest everyone read it to avoid any misunderstandings. 

I sure get confused.. I think I am posting mainly for HAL and then am told it is not..

anyway.. Please know that the only cruise line I am really familiar with is HAL... have cruised once or twice 

with other lines. Also our next scheduled cruise is Dec. 18th HAL out of Ft. Lauderdale.. thru the Panama Canal.. ending in San Diego. And the smoking statement was me posting , looking for other smokers on the above cruise. I too do not wish to debate my smoking.. merely stating that I do.

As has been mentioned (sort of), it is important to read the website for the cruise line that you will be taking.  Each cruise line has different rules - about smoking, dress code, etc.  

Many cruise lines stopped smoking on balconies as it is a fire hazard (some of you may recall the fire on Princess a few years ago).  While most people will not throw their cigarettes overboard, it can happen - even if it is accidental.  The lit cigarettes can fly onto someone else's balcony and land on the wood deck.  

No judgement from me on smoking.  I gave it up 20+ years ago and it was the hardest thing that I ever did.  Nagging definitely does not help.

It's best if smoker's get a cabin somewhere with easy access to a smoking deck. That way, they don't have to wait on elevators and take looooong walks to light up!   Usually, the pool deck has a smoking area, and maybe one side of the promenade deck, on ship's that still have that.  If there are ashtrays, it's a smoking area.