Son will graduate from basic training the same day we are supposed to be crusing!

CruizinKittie40

Keep calling Carnival until you get an agent who will roll over your Cozumel cruise $$$ minus the 100 to your Alaska cruise. Don't be surprised if it takes 6 or 10 tries, just be polite as your ask each agent.

Folks, please. Don't be this customer. Just please. I beg you with tears in my eyes, please do not be this customer.

If my time was worth so little to me as to call a company over and over about $100 that I legitimately owe them due to my own mistakes...well, I don't suppose I'd be proud of it.

Polite, or not, it's wasting my own time, and it's wasting the time of all the people that are getting asked the same thing over and over.

THIS is the reason call center jobs are pretty much universally bad, and this is the reason other people pay higher rates.

We lost the ES money because of med issue. When you book ES you know $50pp is at risk, it is a great promotion for you and CCL. You risk a little money to get a good rate and Carnival fills ships early. It is a decision you make at time of booking. I think I too fall in the suck it up camp.

Folks, please. Don't be this customer. Just please. I beg you with tears in my eyes, please do not be this customer.

If my time was worth so little to me as to call a company over and over about $100 that I legitimately owe them due to my own mistakes...well, I don't suppose I'd be proud of it.

Polite, or not, it's wasting my own time, and it's wasting the time of all the people that are getting asked the same thing over and over.

THIS is the reason call center jobs are pretty much universally bad, and this is the reason other people pay higher rates.

The $100 isn't what the previous poster is talking about, he mentioned letting that go. What the previous poster was talking about was having Carnival credit the remaining $400 to the already booked Alaska cruise, which is all the OP is asking for. I for one don't see why that can't be done.

Keep calling Carnival until you get an agent who will roll over your Cozumel cruise $$$ minus the 100 to your Alaska cruise. Don't be surprised if it takes 6 or 10 tries, just be polite as your ask each agent.

Sooner or later, you'll find one who will do what you are asking.

Have to disagree with you on this one. Book ES and you know the rules and what can happen. Why should the cruise line be out the money?

Have to disagree with you on this one. Book ES and you know the rules and what can happen. Why should the cruise line be out the money?

The cruise line isn't out any money. They would be bending their rule a little since the $400 is supposed to be for a future cruise, not an already booked cruise, but given Carnival's track record with rule enforcement I wouldn't think that would be a problem.;)

The $100 isn't what the previous poster is talking about, he mentioned letting that go. What the previous poster was talking about was having Carnival credit the remaining $400 to the already booked Alaska cruise, which is all the OP is asking for. I for one don't see why that can't be done.

I don't think that is what they are asking. Instead of losing the $100, they want the $100 put towards their Alaska cruise.

I'm with the suck it up, Buttercup group. When you book something, you should understand the rules for cancellation. The reason for the cancellation really doesn't matter. I had to cancel three vacations last year for different reasons. One was because my father died two days before our trip. The other two were because of illness and Hurricane Irma (it was a bad year). It stinks to lose money but that's just the way it is sometimes.

I don't think that is what they are asking. Instead of losing the $100, they want the $100 put towards their Alaska cruise.

I'm with the suck it up, Buttercup group. When you book something, you should understand the rules for cancellation. The reason for the cancellation really doesn't matter. I had to cancel three vacations last year for different reasons. One was because my father died two days before our trip. The other two were because of illness and Hurricane Irma (it was a bad year). It stinks to lose money but that's just the way it is sometimes.

You're right, the OP does want the full amount rolled over but I think they'd be fine with having the $400 put on the Alaska cruise.