New Royal Caribbean Cruiser.

Grenade

You keep saying non-refundable, good customer service is what we are talking about here. This cruise was more expensive than my carnival cruise. Carnival did the right thing. I;m not use to a company that screws me over not making it right. So you sail with this bunch if you like them. Me, I'm done, but they won't just take my money and not even say I'm sorry we screwed you, I don't play like that.

Having worked many years in customer service, I can honestly say most reps will only go so far if the caller is rude, demanding or refusing to listen. If the customer is kind, grateful and taking responsibility, a rep will work a lot harder to make things happen. I can guess what happened here.

What part of "non-refundable" did you not understand? What part of "ports are not guaranteed" did you not understand? In what world does a contract (which is what these are) not apply to you under the guise of "customer service"?

Well, as I've stated over and over that part was not made clear about non-refundable or changing my ports. I don;t know you or care too. But I book my cruises to go to the ports I want to visit and if they are changed and I have no wish to go ....... I want my money back and will do a charge back or whatever it takes.

Having worked many years in customer service, I can honestly say most reps will only go so far if the caller is rude, demanding or refusing to listen. If the customer is kind, grateful and taking responsibility, a rep will work a lot harder to make things happen. I can guess what happened here.

I didn't get ignorant with them till they just flat refused to fix it. But I always win.................. believe me when I say that.

I didn't get ignorant with them till they just flat refused to fix it. But I always win.................. believe me when I say that.

No. You actually lose. Regardless of your ignorance and removal of tips. You are either going on a cruise you don’t want to go on. Or, losing money and going on the cruise you wanted with a cruise line you no longer or maybe never did like.

And since an incidence like this caused you to post, go as far as to remove tips from people who had no part in this, and take no responsibility in the situation. One can assume this is how you live your life.

So no, you lose. You will always find the negative regardless of the situation.

Just take the $100 pp hit rebook for the week prior. Realize that next time either you (if you booked) should read the print or you should ask you TA, learn the lesson and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, as I've stated over and over that part was not made clear about non-refundable or changing my ports. I don;t know you or care too. But I book my cruises to go to the ports I want to visit and if they are changed and I have no wish to go ....... I want my money back and will do a charge back or whatever it takes.

If your TA booked a non-refundable fare without telling you or explaining to you what that meant, you MIGHT have some recourse through the TA.

If you booked your own cruise and didn't bother to read (or understand) the type of deposit you made, then that's on you.

I'll just repeat what others have said, ports on a cruise are not guaranteed. In fact, if you bother to read the contract you agreed to when you booked, you'll probably find you aren't even guaranteed the ship will sail anywhere.

Booking a cruise only because you want to go to a specific port is risky. If you want to go to a specific city/port you really should just fly there. That way you know that's where you're going for sure.

You are an absolute idiot and horrible person to take out your stupidity on the helpless crew!

You made the ignorant mistake of booking a cruise with a non-refundable deposit and instead of owning up to your own ignorance want to blame others for your mistake.

Furthermore, you state that you would be losing several hundreds of dollars while again stupidly ignoring the advice of fellow CC members that you can eat only $100 per person and transfer you reservation to a different RCL cruise.

May all of your future cruises be in hurricane season and every port changed or eliminated!

You are an absolute idiot and horrible person to take out your stupidity on the helpless crew!

You made the ignorant mistake of booking a cruise with a non-refundable deposit and instead of owning up to your own ignorance want to blame others for your mistake.

Furthermore, you state that you would be losing several hundreds of dollars while again stupidly ignoring the advice of fellow CC members that you can eat only $100 per person and transfer you reservation to a different RCL cruise.

May all of your future cruises be in hurricane season and every port changed or eliminated!

Never book them in hurricane season. At this point I don't want another RC cruise and I will get my money back all of it.

Not losing anything and I will never cruise with this crappy cruise line again.

If your TA booked a non-refundable fare without telling you or explaining to you what that meant, you MIGHT have some recourse through the TA.

If you booked your own cruise and didn't bother to read (or understand) the type of deposit you made, then that's on you.

I'll just repeat what others have said, ports on a cruise are not guaranteed. In fact, if you bother to read the contract you agreed to when you booked, you'll probably find you aren't even guaranteed the ship will sail anywhere.

Booking a cruise only because you want to go to a specific port is risky. If you want to go to a specific city/port you really should just fly there. That way you know that's where you're going for sure.

No such thing as a non-refundable cruise, if you believe this you should try other lines.

Yikes, I would be upset too. You book a vacation to go to a specific place and they change it. I always pay with my credit card that comes with trip insurance. Last cruise I changed to a non-refundable deposit to lower the cost. Saved $200 per person.

By the way, the drive down through the Keys is really nice.

Did you really book a non-refundable with knowing it? If so, mistakes happen. I once screwed up on a flight and would have missed a big concert in North Carolina on my way to Sarasota. One airline was nice, the other not so. Cost me $$$ to change.

No such thing as a non-refundable cruise, if you believe this you should try other lines.

Almost every cruise line offers non refundable deposits for cruises as of about a year ago. To include Carnival with early saver rates which have a $50 service fee if cancelled.

You should really read before you book so you don’t look like an air head in the future. Throwing a tantrum as an a child is one thing, as an adult is foolish.

I've gone back through the entire thread. You NEVER stated that the non-refundable deposit was not made clear. You also didn't say whether you booked direct with RCCL or with a TA. Based on the fact that you got an email from RCCL and have spoken to them directly, we can only assume that you booked direct with them. The screen in my first attachment gave you a CHOICE. Did you really think they would offer two different fares and not have any restrictions on the lower one?

The second attachment shows the penalties for cancellation once the deposit is made. Again, you ignored it.

Finally, when you book, you are agreeing to the cruise contract. If you had bothered to read that, you would have seen this:

6. CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER:

a. Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination, lodging or any activity on or off the Vessel,or substitute another vessel or port of call, destination, lodging or activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below, Carrier shall not be liable for anyclaim whatsoever by Passenger, including but not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation.

In short, the only one to blame is YOU! It blows my mind that you refuse to accept any responsibility at all. You said you never lose. You're wrong. If you live life refusing to accept responsibility for your mistakes, you're losing more every day.

807544209_Capture2.PNG.4b9468bc8b3bb63e64f7786c89f8f34a.PNG

Capture.jpg.57b87c6a8a049a3e5f2cc35bc41e87dc.jpg

I've gone back through the entire thread. You NEVER stated that the non-refundable deposit was not made clear. You also didn't say whether you booked direct with RCCL or with a TA. Based on the fact that you got an email from RCCL and have spoken to them directly, we can only assume that you booked direct with them. The screen in my first attachment gave you a CHOICE. Did you really think they would offer two different fares and not have any restrictions on the lower one?

The second attachment shows the penalties for cancellation once the deposit is made. Again, you ignored it.

Finally, when you book, you are agreeing to the cruise contract. If you had bothered to read that, you would have seen this:

6. CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER:

a. Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination, lodging or any activity on or off the Vessel,or substitute another vessel or port of call, destination, lodging or activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below, Carrier shall not be liable for anyclaim whatsoever by Passenger, including but not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation.

In short, the only one to blame is YOU! It blows my mind that you refuse to accept any responsibility at all. You said you never lose. You're wrong. If you live life refusing to accept responsibility for your mistakes, you're losing more every day.

Perfect [emoji108]

I didn't book it, my cc was used illegally and they have no signature. Charge back given. Money refunded to cc and I told you I would win.

But you did book it. You said you booked it. That’s what your post was about. It’s pathetic you find no fault in the situation

But you did book it. You said you booked it. That’s what your post was about. It’s pathetic you find no fault in the situation

Yep. OP said he switched from Carnival to RCCL because Carnival eliminated the one port he wanted to go to. Then, when RCCL did the same it appears he has now lied and said his card was used illegally. Of course there's no signature (reservations are typically done via phone call or online - real hard to get a signature that way).

Sadly, credit card companies will refund as long as someone is willing to give incorrect information as to the use of the card.

Edited by Shmoo here