Electric toothbrush

Navywife26

On 9/24/2018 at 7:34 AM, beach bunnie said:

As others have said, your toothbrush will charge fine. But check to see if the plug works with the bathroom light off. On some ships it doesn't. This still hasn't been a problem as the light is on long enough to keep it charged. It's just good to know.

No Princess ship that we have sailed on had the electrical outlet in the bathroom turn off with the light switch. 

8 hours ago, SayDeeGirl80 said:

I just hate electric toothbrushes... My experience with this stuff is very sad. Imagine how you feel when there is a taste of plastic while brushing your teeth. I've found a bamboo toothbrush as an alternative to the plastic ones. It's organic and I think it's really safer for health to use such kind of toothbrushes. 

What???  😳

9 hours ago, SayDeeGirl80 said:

I just hate electric toothbrushes... My experience with this stuff is very sad. Imagine how you feel when there is a taste of plastic while brushing your teeth. I've found a bamboo toothbrush as an alternative to the plastic ones. It's organic and I think it's really safer for health to use such kind of toothbrushes. 

My dentist disagrees...he's all about the electric/battery...

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

No Princess ship that we have sailed on had the electrical outlet in the bathroom turn off with the light switch. 

Like someone else above, I've never used that outlet, and it never occurred to me that the outlet might be connected to the bathroom light switch.  

My car's cigarette lighter socket does not work when my car is not running.  My wife's runs regardless of the car being on or off.  I don't know which I prefer!  But I have never charged my electric toothbrush from the cigarette lighter socket of our cars.

On 9/24/2018 at 8:23 AM, Kartgv said:

Whatever toothbrush you take, make sure to have some kind of a cover for it when not in use - they sell little plastic covers or take a small plastic baggie like those used for crafts. If it's uncovered, it's exposed to whatever spray cleaning material the cabin stewards use a couple of times daily to clean toilets, counter tops and mirrors.

I use a battery operated toothbrush for all of my travels.  BEWARE:  the head grows black mold (inside). Be sure to take a replacement kit.  Take it apart at least once a month and clean it well with an old toothbrush.  Let it air dry before replacing.

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Like someone else above, I've never used that outlet, and it never occurred to me that the outlet might be connected to the bathroom light switch.  

My car's cigarette lighter socket does not work when my car is not running.  My wife's runs regardless of the car being on or off.  I don't know which I prefer!  But I have never charged my electric toothbrush from the cigarette lighter socket of our cars.

My Sonicare toothbrush is a combo charger and brush head sanitizer.

When it's plugged in it works like a night light in the bathroom.

It stays on when the bathroom light switch is off.

Thats the way it has been on all the ships we have sailed. 

Didn't see a cigarette lighter in there either.

I have cars that also have the lighter that works when the key is off and when the key is on.  :classic_ninja:🤔😎

A side issue if I may.  The razor outlet is fine for use of the green night light that allows you to see within the room without turning on the bright lights and disturbing anyone else in the cabin.  Available at Dollar StoresMLN-35G-4_03.jpg.d2e542f515d43f73db70154ff08d703d.jpg

• Like 1