Liberty water slides

Ladysilver

I'm in my 30's and I really liked the Tidal Wave (Boomerang) slide. We had a several 50+ people in our group that enjoyed it as well. I got stuck in the other 2 slides because they moved so slow. Tidal Wave is fantastic though. Probably my favorite water activity I've seen on an Royal ship.

DH, age 57 at the time (summer 2017), did the orange and green slides on Liberty with DS, age 15. DS was fine. After DH landed in the "collecting pool" area at the bottom of the slides, he slipped on the stairs coming out of that area, landed flat on his back and hit his head on one of the steps. He was laughing when it happened, but there was a crew member that showed up pronto to check on him. He was fine (just embarrassed). So watch your step and hold on to the rail.

I'm not young but I really want to try the water slide, ect. on the Liberty. Is it more for youngsters or have any of you more "mature" cruisers been brave enough to try it? What was it like? :cool:

I'm 70 and did it three weeks ago. Lots of fun.

Jackie

My wife and I went on Liberty last year and this year. We had a BLAST on the Tidal Wave thingy.... I think it is called. We did that several times.

We rode the slides once each.... but noticed that is kept pinching us as our big old bodies slide down. Where the tubes connect, I guess there is a little lip there and kept pinch pinch pinching us.

But the tube ride that drops you, right next to the slides was soooo fun... we thought we were going over the edge but never did. (They did weigh me to make sure we would not be over 450 pounds combined. (I guess if over that weight, you WILL go over the edge ha ha ha...) Even one the last day of eating, we weighed again.... and LOST WEIGHT... go figure..)

DH, age 57 at the time (summer 2017), did the orange and green slides on Liberty with DS, age 15. DS was fine. After DH landed in the "collecting pool" area at the bottom of the slides, he slipped on the stairs coming out of that area, landed flat on his back and hit his head on one of the steps. He was laughing when it happened, but there was a crew member that showed up pronto to check on him. He was fine (just embarrassed). So watch your step and hold on to the rail.

I could totally see myself doing this! 😨

I'm 54 and looking forward to trying the new slides on the Indy during our big music charter in February. Biggest-drinking cruise on Royal (and possibly in the world)...what could possibly go right? :D

Word of advice for us heavier/older folks....if you find yourself going really slow or stopping, arch your back a bit and ride on the back of your feet and your elbows....you'll go faster and it will be more fun. :)

• 1 month later...

The slides are a blast. Tidal Wave is a total rush. Even touched the end wall a couple of times. Only thing freaky about Tidal Wave is coming down backward.  I always lean forward if I am on the back because it feels like I could hit the dividing wall, but never have come close. The body slides are alright if you do them right; launch yourself with the handle at the start, cross legs, lean flat back,  put your weight on your heels and shoulders, and lift up your bottom.

Edited by Junkhouse
Add info