B2B room change info needed.

sassy~one

Several years since we did this but when we did, the stewards pretty much handled everything. We packed it up, of course, and they moved it from one room to the other. They moved my hanging clothes on the hanger so didn't have to pack everything. We did have to wait just a bit and was interesting watching them working getting ready for the next passengers. Hth.

I have done B2B same room and its easy.TIA

the only difference is you gotta pack up and move. Let the steward know and he can help you with your move

I suggest seeking out the other cabin steward for the new room and let him know you will be moving over-- just so he could clean that cabin first before the others

Since I only bring 1 small luggage piece with me, it was easy to pack up, roll my bag to my new cabin and unpack. I did this immediately after Customs and the atrium photo op. The cabin steward offered to do it, but I didn't want to wait on his schedule.

Then, a few hours after I moved to the new cabin and got settled in, guest services and said I could upgrade to a balcony, so before sail away, I moved to my new cabin again.

This was on a Journeys B2B of 10 and 11 days. Having brought less clothes made my moves easy. Probably sent out 4 or 5 bags of laundry during that 21 day stretch.

Enjoy your B2B!

Luckily I pack light. Ive done two and neither time did the cabin steward provide any help, not even something to put my stuff on to roll it to the new cabin. ... and the 2nd time I asked ahead of time and he was all like sure Ill be there to help.

When the time came the cabin steward was no where to be found, so once again, I moved to the other cabin, found the new cabin steward cleaning down the hall and told them my stuff was already in the cabin. crossed my fingers, as i didnt have the new key yet, hadnt been thru being walked off the ship yet to get the new card for the next leg. I just put my stuff in a corner and told the new cabin steward, but cant stay I was that happy with the process.

, but I didn't want to wait on his schedule.

I think this is the key. Your cabin steward is busy busy busy in between people getting out of their cabins and getting them ready for the new arrivals.

I didnt want to lug all my suitcases off the ship and around with me. They usually walk you off to a desk to get the new cards. One time they did it in the lobby of the ship, but that was a very long time ago, but they can actually get you your new cards while you stay on the ship but its most common to walk you off and back on as a group.

You will be given a time to meet with any other B2Bers probably in the lobby and they will handled getting all of you your cards at the same time. ... well unless someone is late which happened once to me as well.

Or experience on the Magic a few weeks ago was awful. It was the last cruise before our cabin steward was leaving the ship so we advised the floor supervisor. He said no problem with hang up clothes and he would handle it. Well, he handled nothing. We waited in the room as the new cabin steward kept coming by asking us to vacate. We were not leaving our valuables and hang up clothes until they were moved. My husband and I both have some back and neck issues that limit our mobility or we would have done it ourselves. Then the phone started ringing with a nasty lady telling us we must report to the dining room for B2B guests. I explained that we needed assistance moving and we were not leaving our valuables. The floor supervisor finally showed up with a dirty cart with no hang up area. No deal, I wouldn't put my garbage on that nasty cart. Another phone call demanding we report to the dining room. I told her to call someone to get our luggage. A short time later we were told the cabin steward for our new cabin hadn't cleaned the room. (We later found him to be one of the worst cabin stewards ever, left us wet sheets one night ;p). Finally someone came to move our luggage with a hanging rod. We then reported to the dining room where we waited at least 20 minutes (so what was the hurry) and then marched down to customs and had to wait 30 minutes, standing at the escalator before we could go down to customs. What a cluster.

I agree with the poster who said to go meet your cabin steward for the second leg and tell him you are B2B. My best advise is never get 2 different cabins on a B2B.

Luckily I pack light. Ive done two and neither time did the cabin steward provide any help, not even something to put my stuff on to roll it to the new cabin. ... and the 2nd time I asked ahead of time and he was all like sure Ill be there to help.

When the time came the cabin steward was no where to be found, so once again, I moved to the other cabin, found the new cabin steward cleaning down the hall and told them my stuff was already in the cabin. crossed my fingers, as i didnt have the new key yet, hadnt been thru being walked off the ship yet to get the new card for the next leg. I just put my stuff in a corner and told the new cabin steward, but cant stay I was that happy with the process.

My experience on a B2B2B (one room first leg, different room next two legs) was exactly the same. We informed our steward early on, and asked if we could get a cart to move our luggage and hanging items (to prevent packing them back up after ironing them early on). We got a smile and 'yes, of course!' Day came to move, and we reminded him of our request, gave him an extra tip, and got another smile and 'yes, of course' - after which we waited for an hour. Saw him again when he asked us to vacate the room, asked for a cart, and got a smile and a 'yes, of course!' Waited and waited, and never saw him again. :rolleyes: We ended up lugging our items to our new room ourselves (multiple trips due to hanging items) and luckily, our new steward let us in the cabin. I'll never change rooms on another B2B - just too much aggravation mid-vacation. First-world problems, right? :D

Last year out of Miami on our BtB we had the same cabin so it was real easy, but I hated the getting off the ship and coming back around, especially when you are limited with walking. This year on our BtB out of NY on the Horizon we had to switch cabins, the switch was real quick an easy it was 4 cabins down and actually both stewards help my husband being that I am no help at all.

Both stewards were truly wonderful. Also immigration came to us we met at the piano bar which was also very quick an easy as soon as immigration cleared us we got our new keys. Wish all BtB were done like that.

Thanks again.

I have never gotten off the ship for a B2B. Just went to the show room, waited for the ship to 0 out. New cards were passed out, and walking out of the show room with no one on board with a few others is really amazing.

You are lucky. I’ve only done one B2B so far and the process was painful. The woman in charge had no clue what she was doing. We got lost after exiting the ship because she couldn’t figure out how to get to Customs. Finally found it and had to wait for everyone from the previous cruise to go through first. By the time we were back on the ship, they had already started the general boarding. So we were no where near the first ones on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks again.

I have never gotten off the ship for a B2B. Just went to the show room, waited for the ship to 0 out. New cards were passed out, and walking out of the show room with no one on board with a few others is really amazing.

I agree you were lucky because everyone needs to go through customs and immigration after each sailing.

Unless the immigration officers came to the show lounge.