Is this a accurate photo of the balcony on Anthem/Ovation of the Seas Cabin 7268

Jimbo

https://cruise line.com/ship/anthem-of-the-seas/cabin/ 7268

Copy and paste the link above and take out the space between cruise and line and the space between the / and 7

I thought the balconies on deck 6 and 7 were obstructed, this site even suggests that this cabin was a Category D8 at one time.

Anyone stayed in this exact cabin on Anthem or Ovation to confirm what the view from the balcony will be like?

Really interested what this balcony looks like on Ovation of the Seas,

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

We stayed in cabin 7272 on Anthem and we had no obstruction directly in front of our cabin but there was a lifeboat davit to the left that blocked the next cabin. The major issue with these cabins is the location of the outdoor area of Jamie's below. That area is lit up with lots of bright lights and can be very noisy. We found we couldn't sit out with a drink before going to bed at night and enjoy the sea going by because they were usually out there cleaning, really kills the ambiance. We also found that a few would smoke in that area.

We liked the location of the cabin but would not book it again because of Jamie's.

How about to the right of your balcony, was there another davit with another lifeboat ? Cabins 7270 and 7268? or was there no more lifeboats you could see that way because of the ship jutting out?

I'm thinking 7268 would be kind of just below the little lifeboat and Jamie's on this deck plan, so not directly over top of Jamie's....does that look right to you compared to where your cabin was?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/ovation-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1772/05

7268 would be 2 doors closer to the elevators then yours?

How about to the right of your balcony, was there another davit with another lifeboat ? Cabins 7270 and 7268? or was there no more lifeboats you could see that way because of the ship jutting out?

No davit to the right of us because there are no lifeboats over the outdoor area of Jamie's. Look at the deckplans for deck 5 and you can see the box that is the outdoor area of Jamie's. I would try to line up the deck 7 plans to see what you would be over. The next lifeboat is the rescue boat much farther down.

I'm thinking 7268 would be kind of just below the little lifeboat and Jamie's on this deck plan, so not directly over top of Jamie's....does that look right to you compared to where your cabin was?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/ovation-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1772/05

7268 would be 2 doors closer to the elevators then yours?

You added more while I was replying.:) I don't think you are above the little lifeboat, maybe just before it. It is really hard to tell. We liked the area, just not the light and noise from that outside area.

There is a davit picture around, posted by robtulipe if I remember correctly that shows things a lot better in regards to davits.

You added more while I was replying.:) I don't think you are above the little lifeboat, maybe just before it. It is really hard to tell. We liked the area, just not the light and noise from that outside area.

There is a davit picture around, posted by robtulipe if I remember correctly that shows things a lot better in regards to davits.

Thats pretty much what I think to, 7268 is between that little rescue boat and the little box outside of Jamie's

So if I go by this: there should be no obstruction at all because the little davit holds up the rescue boat.......and the larger davits hold up a regular lifeboat...................no way of holding up any kind of boats between those 2 different size davit's.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55919419&postcount=7

Is it possible the light and noise won't be as bad 2 doors down closer to midship?

Jimbo

7268 is a connecting cabin. I would swap out of that cabin for that reason alone. I would go to a D8 on deck 8 and be worry free. No change fee for switching cabins anywhere on the ship as long as you stay in your original category.

D8 is about $600 more. Still have 225 days before the cruise.....waiting for prices to come down on regular balconies before switching.

7268 might be the best of the obstructed balcony cabins available even though it is a connecting room, rather have a better view and take chances the neighbors are quiet.

Next September we have 7262 on Ovation for a 10 day Hawaii cruise. I picked it as it seemed to be a fairly unobstructed "obstructed" cabin and we have so far brought the price down to $2187 total for the both of us. We are even closer to the hump and the deck plan show no lifeboat close by.

I had not even considered any issues with Jamie's as it is two decks down. That is surprising to hear it could be a factor. :confused:

Wonder why Jamie's is so loud and bright, doesn't look like it is open to the outside decks and you would think the light would just spill straight out toward the sea.

Jimbo:):)

When you go out on your balcony at night, you usually have a dark, quiet space to sit and have a drink. Put a glass box, that is all lit up directly below you, it is like having a street light directly opposite your cabin. Waiters go back and forth from the inside section of Jamies to the glass section. Add some kids that like to run out of the box to the deck and back in again, screaming "you can't get me" and it becomes quite noisy. We could not hear it in the cabin with the slider closed.

Edit: We are going on Anthem for the 4th time in January. We are currently waiting on a guarantee cabin assignment. If we get a deck 7 cabin in that area, I will take a video. If we don't, I will at least take a video from the deck level to try to show you what I mean.

When you go out on your balcony at night, you usually have a dark, quiet space to sit and have a drink. Put a glass box, that is all lit up directly below you, it is like having a street light directly opposite your cabin. Waiters go back and forth from the inside section of Jamies to the glass section. Add some kids that like to run out of the box to the deck and back in again, screaming "you can't get me" and it becomes quite noisy. We could not hear it in the cabin with the slider closed.

Edit: We are going on Anthem for the 4th time in January. We are currently waiting on a guarantee cabin assignment. If we get a deck 7 cabin in that area, I will take a video. If we don't, I will at least take a video from the deck level to try to show you what I mean.

That would be much appreciated, thank you very much. Just can't believe that area of Jamie's is open to the deck 5 open area. I can see where that would make that box area very windy sometimes or very hot sometimes from the outside temperature.........Makes it sound like this is something like eating at Johnny Rockets where they have inside seats and some along the glass outside of the Johnny Rockets. Very uncomfortable eating conditions.

• 11 months later...

Jimbo did you ever go on the Anthem of the seas in January? I am looking at cabin 7268 on Ovation of the seas and in your post last year you were going to take a photo of Jaimes outdoor glass box restaurant.  Still wondering if it would be too much of a pain with noise etc if being in cabin 7268.

If you found out any more details etc would love to hear from you.

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2018 at 10:16 PM, Jimbo said:

That would be much appreciated, thank you very much. Just can't believe that area of Jamie's is open to the deck 5 open area. I can see where that would make that box area very windy sometimes or very hot sometimes from the outside temperature.........Makes it sound like this is something like eating at Johnny Rockets where they have inside seats and some along the glass outside of the Johnny Rockets. Very uncomfortable eating conditions.

So Jimbo, did you stay in cabin 7268 on Ovation?  I have that cabin booked for Alaska next year and was wondering what your thoughts are of the view and noise from the balcony.  Please post a picture if you have one.  Thank you!

5 hours ago, mmgruner said:

So Jimbo, did you stay in cabin 7268 on Ovation?  I have that cabin booked for Alaska next year and was wondering what your thoughts are of the view and noise from the balcony.  Please post a picture if you have one.  Thank you!

Sorry , can't help you , we actually canceled that cruise and next year going on Radiance of the Seas in a corner aft cabin. My wife wanted to do a 1-way cruise so we can DIY land tour before the cruise. So we are starting cruise in Seward and finishing in Vancouver.