New to Cunard...a Few "Foodie" Questions

DocRock143

Fizzy1, we didn't see you around on Silly, I hope you had a great cruise. We rarely used the buffet so didn't see many of the things in your photos.

It was on the west Med cruise. Gibraltar etc . Fantastic cruise. Food wonderful in Murano, Tuscan , levPetit Chef great fun and Sushi on 5 was wonderful too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My last cruise on Princess was earlier this year on ROYAL PRINCESS. I thought the overall quality of cuisine and selection was superior to Cunard, at least when comparing with Britannia. This wasn't always the case, but it certainly was this last go around. One thing I miss with Cunard in Britannia are the "always available" selections on the menu like Princess, Celebrity, and most other lines offer. Staples like chicken, steak, etc in case nothing else on the menu appeals to you. Some of these items are actually available in Britannia on Cunard, but they don't advertise it and don't print it. They are offered in the Grills and Britannia Club (printed on the menu), and I suppose they have to make it look like they are giving them something extra. Anyway you won't starve on Cunard regardless of where you dine. I would not call the cuisine gourmet, but it's pretty decent. Better in the Grills for sure.

I think this is a matter of personal taste and can also vary cruise to cruise. We went on Crown Princess early in the year and QM2 in July. My wife and I thought Britannia was a notch above Princess in the MDR for dinner. For lunch I thought the MDR on Princess was better however Cunard has the pub for lunch which offered a good sit down alternative.

I think this is a matter of personal taste and can also vary cruise to cruise. We went on Crown Princess early in the year and QM2 in July. My wife and I thought Britannia was a notch above Princess in the MDR for dinner. For lunch I thought the MDR on Princess was better however Cunard has the pub for lunch which offered a good sit down alternative.

I agree 100%.

Food can absolutely vary from cruise to cruise on the exact same ship. There are lots of variables at play. I’m sailing on QM2 in Nov and I’m certain it will be good. I’m usually quite satisfied and not a picky eater.