Non-Suite Guests in Suite Areas

geegeewhiz

What difference does the price make. You're either in a suite, or not. Price is not the issue.

And there are some suite benefits which can be shared, Coastal Kitchen comes to mind, so it's not unreasonable to ask for clarification.

ok thanks for this info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They let up to 8 when we went on Indy/ It is 6 officially, but they won't hassle you if you have a couple more.

thanks for this info, I plan on getting a bungalow, and was debating on if I should purchase an extra one to accomodate for the 3 extra ppl

They let up to 8 when we went on Indy/ It is 6 officially, but they won't hassle you if you have a couple more.

They didn't hassle you.....this one time. Who knows what a different person at a different time might do.

thanks for this info, I plan on getting a bungalow, and was debating on if I should purchase an extra one to accomodate for the 3 extra ppl

Depends if you want a problem free visit to the bungalow area or are prepared to put up with some possible difficulties.

You can never be sure they will be allowed until you get there. If some of your group are in a suite, you can just worry about yourself and five others who are not as the suite dwellers will already have access to the beach (doubt you are going to be able to stuff nine people into a bungalow anyway).

What difference does the price make. You're either in a suite, or not. Price is not the issue.

And there are some suite benefits which can be shared, Coastal Kitchen comes to mind, so it's not unreasonable to ask for clarification.

Price is a big issue. A higher price gets you a suite and all the perks associated with it. Why pay for it if everybody and their brother can find a way to get all the benefits for free. Sounds like suite envy to me.

Price sounds like it's an issue for *you*. Lack of resources is the issue. You paid for them and they're not available. Price has nothing to do with it. We were in a OS not that long ago where we had paid *less* than those who were in an interior.

You might consider getting a cabana on Nellie's Beach and then all your family can come. It's a very nice beach also and Cabanas are exactly the same, It isn't the Suite beach but still very nice. Or do the Barefoot beach Cabana and have 6 additional people.

Honestly, go talk to the Concierge or email them if you don't want to put them on the spot. It's not an unusual request and as much as people want to huff and puff about paying for the extra it won't make one difference to them on the ship. I won't mention what ship it was so as to not put the concierges on the hot seat with you all but we went with neighbors who were in a JS and the concierge went as far as getting them a blank key card so that they could come into the suite llounge and the suite sun deck without us. We payed for a cabana at Barefoot Beach but we were told if we didn't want it he/she would get us extra wrist bands. Don't expect anything and whatever you get is just a bonus. We also rarely used the suite sun deck because it was so windy.

You might consider getting a cabana on Nellie's Beach and then all your family can come. It's a very nice beach also and Cabanas are exactly the same, It isn't the Suite beach but still very nice. Or do the Barefoot beach Cabana and have 6 additional people.

Last time I was there I was on this beach, which beach is this?

1233c6cfc25a4b9e2ce84b28f219e863.jpg

I wanted a cabana at first on Nellie’s beach but I cant find it in my cruise planner, all I saw for Nellie’s beach was over the water cabana, which I dont want... And your saying the cabana’s will fit 9 people?

The one suite perk we have always been allowed to share was boarding with our family. The suite waiting area is big and usually not crowded so we never had a problem boarding together. If the situation changed and it was very crowded we would not expect that privilege.

I wanted a cabana at first on Nellie’s beach but I cant find it in my cruise planner, all I saw for Nellie’s beach was over the water cabana, which I dont want... And your saying the cabana’s will fit 9 people?

Well it's the same size as Barefoot beach. It's really not that big but your family can put lounge chairs next to or in front of the cabana and go i and out. If I could figure out how to put a picture on I would show you but it's never worked here for me.. I'm computer illiterate in many ways!!:o PS over the water cabana's won't give you the beach room to put chairs so you're better off with one not over the water.

Your question was both reasonable and fair. It just wouldn't be a Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic thread without the "duty snarkyism." Don't let it get to you. You were quite clear in your question and easily understood.

And @Cigar King

Absolutely! While I agree on the “just wouldn't be a Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic thread without the ‘duty snarkyism’”, I could really do without those and I think that most people could. When I read the first unnecessarily mean post I cringed. We too like to sail in a Suite, but it made me feel kind of rotten to associated in any way with that attitude. The OP did nothing wrong, no reason to swipe at him with a virtual machete.

On the other hand, before the mean post I had read one from @Host Clarea and thought to myself that he is always so straight forward and helpful, but also consistently gracious! Thank you for that Bob, you never make anyone’s day or mood worse for having read a post you have penned :) :) :)

Lynn

And @Cigar King

Absolutely! While I agree on the “just wouldn't be a Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic thread without the ‘duty snarkyism’”, I could really do without those and I think that most people could. When I read the first unnecessarily mean post I cringed. We too like to sail in a Suite, but it made me feel kind of rotten to associated in any way with that attitude. The OP did nothing wrong, no reason to swipe at him with a virtual machete.

On the other hand, before the mean post I had read one from @Host Clarea and thought to myself that he is always so straight forward and helpful, but also consistently gracious! Thank you for that Bob, you never make anyone’s day or mood worse for having read a post you have penned :) :) :)

Lynn

Yes, thanks guys for your understanding. Bob kindness and wealth of knowledge always makes up for the snarkiness! Thanks all for your help! [emoji847]

I realise this is a RCCL thread. When we travelled on Celebrity Solstice, we were in a suite, the family was not, the butler said we could take the family into the suite lounge as long as they were quiet and well behaved. We did not take it up, but it was a good attitude. We had a combined priority checkin and family was able to join us for preferred show seating.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sometimes a simple question here is just a reason for some people to start all the BS they can. To many times I asked a question and just gave up on it because of all the negativity on a thread I started.

But just saying,,,,, I have watched the suite area on the Anthem go unused all day long as some people fought for pool chairs.

I realise this is a RCCL thread. When we travelled on Celebrity Solstice, we were in a suite, the family was not, the butler said we could take the family into the suite lounge as long as they were quiet and well behaved. We did not take it up, but it was a good attitude. We had a combined priority checkin and family was able to join us for preferred show seating.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Different cruise lines have different rules. Celebrity also allows cabinmates to take advantage of loyalty perks while RCI doesn’t. Different rules. Irrelevant.

Geegee, just ask. The worst they can say is no. Do not listen to the mean posters on here - there are too many.

An awful lot of drama for a 40 something post thread with, and I counted, 3 posts which could be considered mean. More snark aimed back at the "mean" posters than original snark.

An awful lot of drama for a 40 something post thread with, and I counted, 3 posts which could be considered mean. More snark aimed back at the "mean" posters than original snark.

It seems to me to be a great deal better to state you disagree with the meanness than to keep your mouth shut. It’s not snarkiness to disagree with a bully, it’s when people are nasty for no reason that people jump in and as far as I’m concerned that is a healthy and appropriate way to deal with it (and not snark). It’s a bit like the shorter students gaming up against the tall bully on the playground - wrong, as I see it, to fault them equally. There are also some posts done for no reason than to just jump in a way that causes bad feelings all the way around without really advancing the issue as a result of the opinion offered. Passive aggressive I guess :')

............ it’s when people are nasty for no reason that people jump in .........:')

I guess your definition of nasty must be vastly different than mine.

I've seen nasty posts here but not on this thread.

I guess your definition of nasty must be vastly different than mine.

I've seen nasty posts here but not on this thread.

I agree I read all the posts and didn't think there was anything untoward.

IMO there is no justification for nasty posts and it is best to say nothing than be disrespectful.