Bid on upgrade

crash3x

first I would check and see what the going rate on line is for those suites. It is difficult, in our experience to actually win one of those upgrade bids. Sometimes people have won the by bidding what it would have cost in the first place to buy that cabin. Bid what you feel is a fair price for the Suite you desire. If you win it, great, if not, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck

first I would check and see what the going rate on line is for those suites. It is difficult, in our experience to actually win one of those upgrade bids. Sometimes people have won the by bidding what it would have cost in the first place to buy that cabin. Bid what you feel is a fair price for the Suite you desire. If you win it, great, if not, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck

Totally agree. Check the current price then decide what any potential upgraded benefits would be worth to you. After that.... forget about it as you can become obsessed with whether you will win the bid :'):'):') Regardless it’s a cruise and getting me away from other “stuff” aka “work”. Enjoy whatever stateroom you land in!

The few reports of successful bids have been above the minimum and not just a few $. We were offered an opportunity to bid on our August cruise but since Suites were all sold out, it would have taken a last minute cancellation and a high bid for anyone to move up.

We were recently offered a chance to upgrade our cabin from sky suite to reflection , penthouse, Royal, signature and celebrity suites...How much would you bid? Min bid first up grade was $150pp

IMO any suite Royal and above would worth (especially the Penthouse) up to $400 a day per person (subtracting what you have already paid for your Sky Suite). For instance if you have already paid $300 a day pp for your SS, you can bid up to $100 a day pp additional. Probably more for the Penthouse.

Of course you need to see if you can just pay for an upgrade. It would be helpful to know what the initial price was for the category when it was first released. I would never bid more than what the category sold for at any point.

By the way you can pull up your bid and increase or decrease the bid at anytime.

We've never had the chance! Has anyone else outside of North America?

A few cruises ago we were in a CS and a RS became available ----I saw it on the 'rooms available' section as if I were making a new booking. I called Celebrity and said that I'd like to make them an offer for an upgrade but had zero interest in my call and so my offer was rejected before it was even on the table!

• 8 months later...
On 10/4/2018 at 3:01 AM, aussiedisneyfan said:

I'm from Australia and have received the email. For us it wasn't worth it, they wanted thousands more to upgrade from AQ to a suite.

there is a HUGE difference between concierge/aqua and a suite.  the butler service alone is amazing!  we have a concierge balcony now and have bidded on a sky/celebrity/royal suite.  fingers crossed!  it's also my 50th birthday so i want it.  LOL

We turned down offer to go from celebrity suite to royal for just a couple hundred it was just a 4 day cruise and I wanted to try the celebrity suite, offer was just a couple of days before sailing. 

It depends if you really want the upgrade or not. If you’re not really bothered then bid just above the minimum. If you really want it then see how much it’s currently going for and bid a lot closer to that.