Evening Chic on Western itinairies

angelhelly

Eden will be the same menu each night. People will likely be a little more dressed up, but I would think there would be no other differences.

Luminae has better menus (in my opinion) on those nights. Again, people may be a bit more dressed up though not necessary in Specialties, Luminae and Blu - dress code is always smart casual. Oh, I forgot, Luminae has a chocolate cart on Chic nights sometimes. :D

Here are some menus that I remember as those we had on Chic nights (the cote de boeuf is prime rib).

menu - Luminae dinner 2.jpg

menu - Luminae dinner 2b.jpg

menu - Luminae dinner 6.jpg

menu - Luminae dinner 6b.jpg

Edited by vtcruising

Hi Vt,

You are correct about BLU dress code but we find most folks dress very nicely in BLU; and many but not all, dress up quite a bit on Chic night, even though BLU is smart casual.

Wondering if guests going to EDEN may be dressing to the theme? That would be very interesting.

Hi Vt,

You are correct about BLU dress code but we find most folks dress very nicely in BLU; and many but not all, dress up quite a bit on Chic night, even though BLU is smart casual.

Wondering if guests going to EDEN may be dressing to the theme? That would be very interesting.

I would hope so, then again hopes of such have been dashed on M and S class ships too.. yet that will not deter me!

bon voyage

Thank you for the valuable information!

I should have formulated my question differently... What evening would we expect to be evening chic? I'd rather be in Luminae on those nights and book Eden on a "regular" night :-)

I should have formulated my question differently... What evening would we expect to be evening chic? I'd rather be in Luminae on those nights and book Eden on a "regular" night :-)

On a 7 day cruise the Evening chic nights are usually day 2 and day 6 but again Evening Chic only applies to the the Main Dining Room. (s)

Hi Vt,

I hope Eden guests don't dress to the theme! Many of us wouldn't pull off the Adam and Eve look well. ;)

On our Flower Power cruises (on Celebrity) most dress in tie dye t shirts, denim, etc. all day/night. We were in Luminae for the first FPC and Blu for the second one. There was no need to dress up on Chic night (called The Bell Bottom Ball night), but my husband wore a John Lennon suit and round rose-colored glasses and I wore a black dress with embroidery and bell sleeves and a flower head band. It was a way to take it up a notch, but stay within the theme. We also wore those outfits for our vow renewal ceremony led by Mark Lindsay from Paul Revere and the Raiders, who sang us a beautiful song. :D

Sorry to digress, but I started to think about dressing to themes onboard and went down memory lane....

PS: I agree that in Blu (and Luminae), though it is smart casual every night, many take it up a notch on Chic nights. We usually do as well, but it is nice to have the option not to if it doesn't work out (such as you can't fit into your fancy clothes anymore after 10 days of cruising ;)).

As dkjretired said, it is often days 2 and 6. I am on that cruise and our 2 sea days are 3 and 6, so day 3 may be the first Chic night - I have seen it done that way as well. We will know more after the first Western cruises. There are a couple before that cruise. I also try to book our specilaties on non-Chic nights because the menus have some of my favorites in Luminae on Chic nights.

We are on the same cruise. I don't know if you have visited our roll call? The link is below. Things are heating up, as it will be here before we know it! :D

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2571800

We just do our own thing...but will follow chic night . My big b day will be in BLU so a bit more dressy for us on that night...chic or not!

We also will be dressier for Fine Cut Steak and I have a nice garden party outfit for Rooftop Grill. NO jacket and tie for dh on any night..! He loves that...and easier to pack!

Our old authentic hippie clothes are up in the attic..Used to be a big hit for Halloween...By now they are relics..don' think they'd fit now!

I find women dress more venue appropriate (for the most part). Men have taken on this thing of "I'm on vacation and Ill dress however I like." I'm all for smart casual and mainly dress appropriately. I think we all know what that is. Guys be comfy and causal but for me put a pair of pants on and take that damn baseball hat off at the table. Flip flops ...whatever.

I find women dress more venue appropriate (for the most part). Men have taken on this thing of "I'm on vacation and Ill dress however I like." I'm all for smart casual and mainly dress appropriately. I think we all know what that is. Guys be comfy and causal but for me put a pair of pants on and take that damn baseball hat off at the table. Flip flops ...whatever.

No flip flops on Celebrity in dinner venues...