Free Air Plus Free at Sea?

inspiration100

One of the cruises I'm looking at just changed to promo to "Free Air Plus Free at Sea" within the last hour. There doesn't appear to be any major fine print or information on the "Specials" page and NCL support is closed.

Does anyone know what this promo is? When you mouse over it says "Free or Reduced Round Trip Airfare".

Free vs. reduced are two different things.

One of the cruises I'm looking at just changed to promo to "Free Air Plus Free at Sea" within the last hour. There doesn't appear to be any major fine print or information on the "Specials" page and NCL support is closed.

Does anyone know what this promo is? When you mouse over it says "Free or Reduced Round Trip Airfare".

Free vs. reduced are two different things.

Depends on where you are flying from and to depends on whether it is free or reduced.

Not available on all cruises either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Before you jump on it, check prices to see what you would pay for air. I was on a “distinctive” sailing and that was an option I found it to be much cheaper to buy our own air... by about 1/2

I had free air added for a cruise. If your home airport is one of the “free” cities then it’s actually free. The only catch- you have to use their transfer service to the ship. In our case a $40 round trip bus transfer from airport to cruise port instead of a $7 pp rt airpot lite rail. Can change your mind anytime prior to final payment and opt out of the free air. My cruise confirmation lists AIRPROMO denoting free air.

I had free air added for a cruise. If your home airport is one of the “free” cities then it’s actually free. The only catch- you have to use their transfer service to the ship. In our case a $40 round trip bus transfer from airport to cruise port instead of a $7 pp rt airpot lite rail. Can change your mind anytime prior to final payment and opt out of the free air. My cruise confirmation lists AIRPROMO denoting free air.

How did you find out whether your home airport was free or not? Was it at some stage in the booking process?

Where is this "Air Gateways tab" they refer to? I can't find it anywhere to find out what the actual reduced airfare for my sailing from my home airport would be.

Here’s link for Hawaii https://www.ncl.com/terms-and-conditions/hawaii-free-sea-optional-airports

I don’t see the air gateways for other sailings but when I was pricing it out I was given a list of gateway cities.

Here’s link for Hawaii https://www.ncl.com/terms-and-conditions/hawaii-free-sea-optional-airports

I don’t see the air gateways for other sailings but when I was pricing it out I was given a list of gateway cities.

Yeah, I found the Hawaii one myself earlier too. Wish they would make this info more readily available so you could decide BEFORE going through the whole booking process!

How did you find out whether your home airport was free or not? Was it at some stage in the booking process?

It was on a small print link ie click here type of thing. I’d call Ncl and have them check. For the joy the free fares were mostly west coast orgination cities; free from LAX, SFO, PDX, GEG... then listed actual fares from other more distant cities. Add to that the $40 bus transfer pp.

I found it! If you go into the main page for the promo (https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/air-promotion) then click on any of the destinations, there is a link at the top of each destination page to "View Airfares" for that destination. That will take you to a PDF table of the airfares from various airports.

I found it! If you go into the main page for the promo (https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/air-promotion) then click on any of the destinations, there is a link at the top of each destination page to "View Airfares" for that destination. That will take you to a PDF table of the airfares from various airports.

Good find. Frustrating how you’re surfing around and find some obscure link one time and then search forever and can’t relocate.

Be sure to understand the terms and conditions. Such as guarantee cabin fares (IX, OX, BX, MX) are not eligible. Also based on the charts, certain minimum cabin is required. Some itineraries Oceanview or above qualify. Others require balcony or above.

I read a tweet from cruiseradio which had a link to their article. I skimmed it but I thought it was Haven and up for free airfare. that makes economical sense since the cruise line is making a mint of rack rates for that inventory.

I cant fathom this would apply to inside, OV or balconies.

I used to see those air and hotel deals on the big search engines for cruises and those deals always stunk, to me.

I read a tweet from cruiseradio which had a link to their article. I skimmed it but I thought it was Haven and up for free airfare. that makes economical sense since the cruise line is making a mint of rack rates for that inventory.

I cant fathom this would apply to inside, OV or balconies.

I used to see those air and hotel deals on the big search engines for cruises and those deals always stunk, to me.

Well, it's not actually free from most airports, it's "reduced". But even then you should definitely check to see if you can get a cheaper airfare for booking yourself. From my home airport, most of them seem to be an okay deal. It's free for me to fly to NYC for the sailings out of there, but I prefer to drive when sailing out of NYC anyway. To Miami, it might be *marginally* cheaper than booking myself. To New Orleans it's definitely cheaper, as they are charging $99 for sailings our of there. Flying round trip to NoLA usually costs me quite a bit, so I was surprised to see that rate.

I typically book balconies and it looks like balconies do receive the reduced or discounted rate on most sailings I looked at. The only "catch" seems to be that they require NCL booked ground transfers from the airport to the cruise port and back and those are pricey. This is also only economy flights for passengers 1 & 2 on the booking.

THANK YOU!!!! I have spent the past half hour looking for the fare table. I was actually really surprised at airfare rates for the 2 cities closest to me. Savannah, GA (which is always pricey) or Charleston, SC to MIA/FLL for $99 or to SJU for $199.

My son and I flew from SAV to FLL last October for a cruise and IIRC airfare was almost $700 for both of us

Not free. Last week a cruise i was eyeing was $400 less than it is Today. They jump up the prices to make you think your getting free airfare. ;)

I disagree with this, or saying it is not across all ships and dates. The cruise I am booked on in March now offers free WiFi and the flight promo, and the price did not change at all. I drive to the port, so it is no use to me, but the price of the balconies are still all the same, and still $50 less than when I actually booked two months ago.