Most traveled luncheon x2: Alaska B2B

Cruiserkenn

We were so fortunate as to have attended both "Most Traveled" luncheons, on our Alaska B2B on the Emerald in September. Captain Lewis was wonderful:). These were the Emerald's last two Alaska cruises for the season.

At the first luncheon, we were seated with the Staff Captain and other Americans. At the second, we were seated with the Chief Engineer and four people from Japan. They knew more English than we thought, at first. Being seated with them turned out to be one of our best.cruise experiences, ever. It was truly wonderful.

Menu at first luncheon: salmon tartare appetizer (appropriate for Alaska),

Choice of halibut or veal entrees, and a fancy, colorfully decorated cheesecake for dessert. Choice of red or white wine.

Menu at second luncheon: beef carpaccio appetizer, poached lobster with an interesting sauce or roast lamb entree, and the fancy cheesecake for dessert. Again, red or white wine included.

The Captain's Circle host was Colleen.

Thanks for the description of the most travelled passenger luncheons. We have been among the most travelled passengers on a few cruises but those were always evening cocktail parties rather than luncheons. We hope we get lucky someday and get selected for a luncheon.

Alaska and Caribbean cruises often have a fairly low number of days travelled to be in the top 20 MTP. Longer cruises attract more travelled passengers.

I have been #1 with only 500 days in the past, other times specially recently you don't get in at all with only 500 days.

Its up to the individual Captain whether its a lunch or a cocktail party.

Personally I think the lunch is much better.

Wow will take about 6 years to even have a shot at this

By which time other people will have got their numbers up as well of course -

I should have 1500 plus days by then -

I suppose you can hope for a high mortality rate? Dead Men's Shoes?

=I'm not feeling so good these days...……………….

We were on the Ruby the first week of August 2017 and were invited the first time to the most traveled gathering which in our case was a cocktail party in Adagio lounge. I later found out at the customary gathering that there were only 51 elite aboard. The cocktail party was nice and we were given a picture standing next to the captain who was very gracious. I told the DW it would probably be decades before we were invited again. In the mean time we are having fun cruising mostly with Princess aka the LOVE BOAT! ;p;p

You never know. Sometimes it doesn't take a lot of days to get invited. Just depends on the crowd you're cruising with that particular time. We were invited once in the Med., once in AK and once on the British Isles. All of them were 7-8 day cruises and I think that has a lot to do with it, at least in the Med. & BI. AK always seems to have a lot of newbies so that would be your best chance. The cocktail parties are nice too.

I was invited to the MTP luncheon on the September 2nd sailing on the Emerald. Lovely!! My DD, who was a first time ever cruiser, and my cabinmate, got invited to attend with me. Lucky her! What an intro to Princess cruising!

Captain Lewis is laid back and quite sociable. I don't recall the job title of the officer who hosted our table, but he was good company throughout the meal. Our fellow tablemates were great. Lots of chatter.

Menu: Appetizer … Potato Dumplings with Duck Ragout ….. delish!

Entrée …. Baked Sea Bass or Bacon Wrapped Beef Filet …. we both chose the seabass and it was excellent.

Dessert …. White Chocolate Cheesecake and Petit Fours Elizabeth …… both were very good

Beverages …. Red and white wines were both offered. We chose the white, and it was very enjoyable.

I was invited to the MTP luncheon on the September 2nd sailing on the Emerald. Lovely!! My DD, who was a first time ever cruiser, and my cabinmate, got invited to attend with me. Lucky her! What an intro to Princess cruising!

Captain Lewis is laid back and quite sociable. I don't recall the job title of the officer who hosted our table, but he was good company throughout the meal. Our fellow tablemates were great. Lots of chatter.

Menu: Appetizer … Potato Dumplings with Duck Ragout ….. delish!

Entrée …. Baked Sea Bass or Bacon Wrapped Beef Filet …. we both chose the seabass and it was excellent.

Dessert …. White Chocolate Cheesecake and Petit Fours Elizabeth …… both were very good

Beverages …. Red and white wines were both offered. We chose the white, and it was very enjoyable.

Wow! Thanks for sharing😌 It is so fun to know that the menu has been different each time. Thanks so much!

By which time other people will have got their numbers up as well of course -

I should have 1500 plus days by then -

I suppose you can hope for a high mortality rate? Dead Men's Shoes?

=I'm not feeling so good these days...……………….

Hmm thats not fair. At least we will be Elite by than:)

Has anyone ever ordered a second portion or a second dessert?:confused:

Never needed to and feel it would not be polite or timely anyhow, however I often attract the winewaiter's attention for a refill, depending on the Captain the wine can be basic or really good.

On Regal Princess last month where the menu I posted came from the wine was basic. Captain Tim Stringer. Nice guy and a good Captain but you can't expect Brits to be too much into the finer points of wine I guess compared to the Italians.

Never needed to and feel it would not be polite or timely anyhow, however I often attract the winewaiter's attention for a refill, depending on the Captain the wine can be basic or really good.

On Regal Princess last month where the menu I posted came from the wine was basic. Captain Tim Stringer. Nice guy and a good Captain but you can't expect Brits to be too much into the finer points of wine I guess compared to the Italians.

At all our luncheons neither have I.

I was just curious, but at times a second desert wouldn't be turned down. :D

We were on the Ruby the first week of August 2017 and were invited the first time to the most traveled gathering which in our case was a cocktail party in Adagio lounge. I later found out at the customary gathering that there were only 51 elite aboard. The cocktail party was nice and we were given a picture standing next to the captain who was very gracious. I told the DW it would probably be decades before we were invited again. In the mean time we are having fun cruising mostly with Princess aka the LOVE BOAT! ;p;p

We were on the same ship in May and were also invited to the cocktail party. We both thought it was outstanding, and truthfully to us sounds like it was much better than the luncheon. We had the opportunity to talk to all of the staff officers. We were in small groups of about 6 per group but ours only had 4, so the staff members kept coming by and joining our group in conversation for about 5-10 minutes each. Even the captain sat with us for about 10 minutes. The drinks, appetizers, desserts and conversation were outstanding.